*frameworks your path*

*frameworks your path*

Attached: platforms-winui3.png (1578x610, 46.66K)

UWP is cancer, stick with win32.

nah

Win32 is shit, bring on UWP.

>shitty, off-feeling UI
>everything, even the fucking calculator, has a crappy looking splash screen that's just an empty window with a monochrome icon in the middle
>can't modify files belonging to the app since it's hashed and signed
>can't even see files belonging to the app without taking ownership
Win32 apps of the same complexity load instantly, look better and you can see and modify their files if you want.

>oh no a splash screen for one frame before it loads
works on my machine bro

xaml is webshit but proprietary to Microsoft platforms

the second book documenting the windows 10 sysinternals came out last year, which amoungst other things documents how UWP actually works under the hold
as a platform UWP is fucking amazing in terms of technical capabilities
I would kill for even vaguely similar dynamic dependency management features in the normal windows process loader

MS needs to put up or shut up.
Name one good product they've made with UWP.

calculator

lol
I'm serious.
I never look on the Windows Store because it's such garbage so maybe there are some UWP gems I haven't heard of.

This image is misleading, the reality is thaw the blue Win32 part is a layer under UMP stretching the whole width of the image.

>win32
>nightmarish dogshit

>uwp
>phone ui tier bullshit designed to secure itself from users doing naughty things

I'll just stick to Linux. Thanks.

nope, they can't even get their own in-house UWP apps functioning properly, much less any random idiot that would stoop as low as to actually create UWP software voluntarily

the WindowsAppSDK

>UWP is just applications the microsoft store installs

Also no, UWP is based on onecore, which isn't even originally desktop windows, it's xbox's core system libs
that's why it sucks so much and is missing substantial features needed for parity with unpackaged applications
and why the WindowsAppSDK is so based

The win32 cculator was better. More distinct buttons, you can tell what's clickable, it's lighter weight, loads up quicker, and takes up less space on the screen.

nah, modern calculator is based
opens instantly, can resize the window, and it has much more functionality and is actually useable for things other than simple arithmetic now

Attached: Untitled.png (1285x737, 67.35K)

Can you show the history of equations you've done or is it still completely useless?

also - not really useful, but neat, you can use it with your xbox controller

how come Microsoft never pulled a decent UI tech out of their ass? like really? the best, native, non GPU intensive shit you have is this MAUI shit that looks worse and isn't coherent with your proposed system design? They're getting stomped on by literally any other OS besides linux (including Mac, Haiku and the chad serenityOS)

Wow, Sanjay, this is like your 10th post this afternoon.

also the unit conversions are pretty nice, for 99% of what I need it saves me having to wrestle with google or open up wolframalpha for stupid shit

yeah history works fine

Attached: Untitled.jpg (1367x1037, 229.21K)