How long would it take me to learn git to be proficient enough in a professional environment...

How long would it take me to learn git to be proficient enough in a professional environment? Starting a SWE job soon and I've never used git/github.

Attached: file.png (910x380, 15.86K)

git add .
git commit -m "nigger"
git push

there, i just taught you all of git

You just need the basics. Any competent team has safeguards for newbies from doing something retarded

same position you were in, it took me literally less than a day and a couple of tutorials, you'll be fine

How is this possible i gave 100 cotributions this month and got no job yet you never used git and got a job

I went to college.

if you actively learn and practice it, probably a few days.
the base cases like creating and switching branches, adding, committing and pusing code etc. are easy.
but it can get pretty hairy when you have merge conflicts for example if you haven't taken your time to learn git properly.

Isnt college a meme ? I cant find a single job yet i contribute each day..

And my bootcamp cover the same thing so we should be equal

> Isnt college a meme ?
Lol.

And they didn’t teach/require you to use git?

LOL

Attached: EeBXBocUcAEHVtu.jpg (827x519, 45.5K)

College is what you put into it.
Do you want a job? You get a job in college. Want to do research? You do research in college.

Attached: 1640833256855.jpg (947x1536, 905.86K)

god it's faggots like you that my work hires and then I have to spend time training your retard asses on basic software development concepts while you deal with your rightfully earned imposter syndrome

a few days at most
most people on github use the gui client anyway

No. Unless you have a professor under the age of 30, you're going to be learning traditional foundational computer science theory, how to implement data structures, etc. etc, but you'll never learn anything useful about today's state of programming.

>Starting a SWE job soon and I've never used git

Attached: img.jpg (480x360, 25.42K)

echo file_or_folder_to_ignore > .gitignore
git checkout -b dumbass/buggy_feature
git merge dumbass/buggy_feature

learning git is easy, you'll be up and running in no time.

The basic workflow after initial commit is:
create a branch
write code
commit to branch
merge master and branch

look into push and pull to work with remote repositories.

master should always compile.
pro tip: rename master to main to identify racist coworkers.

depends on what you need. for basic commits and pushes you will need 10 minutes but for more advanced stuff it can take you weeks to get confident with it