I-it's bad b-because i-it just is!!

>i-it's bad b-because i-it just is!!

Attached: typescript.png (1200x630, 22.21K)

there is not a single soul that shits on typescript
it's greatest gift to humanity from microsoft

watch out, you're going to awaken the le hello.c army from their 16 hour slumber

Based user

Hello sirs, how is your day going ?

I think people think TS is shit because it's a "solution" for the terrible language design JS has. Rather than trying to fix JS by refactoring the language, you have to transpile from another language to not deal with it at all.

It's bad because you can opt-out of its type system.
So pajeet, the prime candidate for getting COCKBLOCKED by type system when doing retarded shit, will just write it like js.

only good thing about it is it made js language servers better with lots of libraries

I'm good at js for the most part, is it easy to grasp coming from it?

if you can't easily grasp it you're by definition not good at js

The people who made untyped languages were doing it on purpose to attack civilization, I'm certain. JavaScript is a big-brained fifth generation warfare move.

bloat

I'll take typescript over literally any other webshit. It's solid. Fucking ECMAscript needs to die. Just replace it with typescript. Do us all a favor.
This. A century of computer science evolution invented the necessity of explicit typing and javascript started a modern trend in the opposite direction. array of [object, string, int] how absolutely retarded can people get.

Last company I was at there were 2 mission critical bugs, I mean losing lots of money bugs where there was a fucking INT in an array of String. Implicit typed and untyped languages need to die.

Yeah, because microsoft are trying to shoehorn every language feature that was ever conceived by man, yet still can't implement proper enums.

> Typing = pajeet
The absolute state of Any Forums

- TS or JS or Python or any other low IQ scripting language should never ever be used on the server side
- On the client side, we should aim to keep things as simple as possible instead of using bloated frameworks etc, and when things are simple we fall back to dynamic typing to get things done quickly, therefore TS has no purpose

The only case where TS can be better than JS is when dealing with large complex code bases

If our company's codebase used TypeScript instead of js more than half the bugs I've fixed wouldn't exist in the first place, having been caught before transpiling. It's so insane to me how people still use javascript in real applications made by an actual company where you're supposed to like optimize resources and time and make profit and stuff.

That's not how the world works unfortunately.

>our company's codebase
Server side or client side?

only downside is that its supporting the absolute cancer that is JS, it should be its own thing but then it probably would not have taken off

Client side. It's a very heavy codebase because the backend is old as fuck and a lot of new ideas (that could be taken care of in the backend) are implemented in the frontend instead, which is also old as fuck but not as critical as the backend so fucking up there wont screw up everything else.