Why do people who don't understand the GNU/Linux ecosystem keep rewriting programs in Rust with a cuck license...

Why do people who don't understand the GNU/Linux ecosystem keep rewriting programs in Rust with a cuck license? Then try to shill their program with misleading benchmarks and usage.
For example: the program sd; touts itself as being better than sed in every way, and follows the rg playlist to a tee. (1 less character omgz!!11!1)
Look at the "cherry-picked" examples given.
First example:
sd before after
sed s/before/after/g

Putting aside the fact that you are assuming I want to replace globally, they are forgetting to mention that
sed 's before after g '

Is perfectly acceptable as well, as for most real commands sd will need commas too.
Second example:
sd '\n' ','
sed ':a;N;$!ba;s/\n/,/g'

"WOW, sed BTFOd" is what the GNU/Linux novice thinks to himself. "I don't need those stuffy old GNU programs anyways! I can't believe how ridiculous this sed program's syntax is, just to do a simple task."
What they conveniently leave out is the existence of the 'tr' program
tr '\n' ','

Ignoring how UNIX-like utilities are meant to be used TOGETHER. Recreating the exact functionality and syntax of that a smaller program handles is useless at best, and harmful at worse.
I could go on.
Look at most of the programs on this list. It's not surprising that this is heavily shilled. My question is, why? This is only serving to further radicalized the younger generation into share-alike free, as in freedom software. Are they trying to fracture the free software community?
github.com/ibraheemdev/modern-unix

Attached: 1496586415529.png (600x382, 162.51K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/OpenXiangShan/XiangShan
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Linux is free. Trannies spent all their money on the surgery. Trannies therefore want their language to be used over legacy code by "transitioning" everything into their world view.

Sounds plausible, but why are large companies like Microsoft going along with this?
Who started shilling Rust? Why does this seem like an organized effort?

GNU/Linux devs are very incompetent, it's not rust or c fault, they were are and will always be low tier devs.

>Are they trying to fracture the free software community
Yes. Trannies are trying to destroy FSF, after they already cancelled Stallman last year. I’m pretty sure it’s a long con to destroy the GPL and AGPL licenses so that everything is MIT licensed and Googlel+co can freely use it.
Reminder that Jewgle FEARS the AGPL chad.

Microsoft has never indicated or hinted that they are replacing any lower level code with Rust. They simply endorsed it as another tool. Linux on the otherhand, due to the nature of open source, is going to get fucked by its own community of trannies trying to put their preferences where its not needed, once again.

Sigh, another thing to watch out for.
Soon I'll need a FSF approved libre deblobbed kernel, MUSL, systemd free, no-rust, rolling release distro.

Just move to BSD. Rustrannies don't even know how to read its documentation.

>libre-linux
>without glibc
kek

Just take the macos pill.
My computer could be running on javascript with node inside a templeos virtual machine and I would never even know, it's great to not worry about these things.

Can we please stop derailing and try to get to the bottom of this?

There's nothing to get to the bottom of. You can call trannies all you want, but that wont change the fact that this is simply an extension of the "more" mentality that has been ruining software for decades now. Statistically, you're part of the problem. No, I don't care if your meme lang is super "productive" and has all the latest cool package management solutions, it's shit because it's A. not assembly, and B. not C.

LISP is shit
Haskel is shit
Java is shit
C++ is shit
Python is shit
Perl is shit
Rust is shit
No, you don't need those 20 dependencies
No, you don't need a garbage collector
No, you don't need vtables
You need to learn how to program
You need to learn how computers work
No amount of abstracting shit away is going to make the computer magically disapear

I despise s o y "d e v s" with a fiery passion, and I have come to really intimately understand the idea of programming in C just to keep the C++ kiddies away.

Where have you been the last 10 years? Almost every online resource for 64 bit assembly has been purged, and the reference manuals are getting worse and are being hidden by dark patterns. Every C program is being rewritten in an effort to get people off the language. Someone is doing this on purpose, I want to know who.

It's death by accessibility, like I said, everyone's at fault. You give someone who doesn't know shit about computers to make code, and it's very easy to see how that's inherently degenerative.

>I want to know who
It's the jews

Industry is preparing the move to ARM. That is why they have being scrubbing the internet, harassing site admins etc. trying to take down as much x64 material as they can.

after several attempts to do this, (((they))) understand that x86 and x86_64 is here to stay, so the most recent push is to have an encrypted completely-opaque "security coprocessor" that will cripple general use x86_64 systems.
(((their))) ideal goal is to have all "trusted" software development occur within a small number of companies, so if you want to write or edit anything "low level" and still have a machine that can use the internet on the other end of the work, you have to be an employee of apple, google, microsoft, intel, etc. then they can license out the right for smaller organizations to do this work too, and then they become central arbiters of "systems programming".
the remaining programming allowed by "untrusted" developers will consist of basic-ass front-ends using locked down APIs.
they tried to move everyone to ARM so computers could be like phones... it's failed before, so now they're trying to bring the same "security mechanisms" from phones to x86 systems.
be prepared to beg MSI to unlock your motherboard so you can install linux, and eventually be prepared for that to be phased-out due to "support issues with unsecured systems"

relax
support the open-source XiangShan processor tho
github.com/OpenXiangShan/XiangShan

Attached: 1642467044193.jpg (456x540, 40.33K)

>Copyright 2020-2021 by Institute of Computing Technology, Chinese Academy of Sciences.
>Copyright 2020-2021 by Peng Cheng Laboratory.
mmmmmmm... maybe i'll give pluton a shot after all

where can I read about this happening?

>Why do people who don't understand the GNU/Linux ecosystem keep rewriting programs
Wait, isn't rewriting programs the whole point of GNU/Linux ecosystem? It's literally all they do - maintain some shitty window manager or whatever that does the same thing but slightly differently?

LMAO, /thread
(I use linux tho)