Are we going to see a return of hardware buttons and switches? It's much more reliable and satisfying

Are we going to see a return of hardware buttons and switches? It's much more reliable and satisfying

There is so much gratuitous touchscreen tech these days

Anyway, physical interface general

Attached: nostromo.jpg (737x368, 44.38K)

Nah, but at least is linux based with tripple redundancy

Attached: 1366_2000[1].jpg (1366x768, 175.05K)

retarded

>has to take his glove off to operate

Good luck using one on a space walk!

Gloves works just fine, also spacex spacesuits aren't made for EVA

Attached: 5fb2aea7402d49001924f22c[1].jpg (1889x1416, 147.29K)

I was just thinking about this today actually. Who the FUCK actually likes touch interfaces? Like their main advantage is adaptability which is useful for something like a smartphone, but it makes absolutely no sense for something like a stove or lamp or microwave or whatever. The stove shit especially pisses me off, whoever had the idea of putting touch controls onto electric stoves needs to be tracked down and have his testicles tied to a pair of rampaging horses

Attached: kbd.jpg (1024x752, 219.53K)

i think you mean
>whoever had the idea of electric stoves needs to be tracked down and have his testicles tied to a pair of rampaging horses

They're not as good as gas stoves when it comes to actual use, but they have the benefit of being easier to clean and you never need to think about buying gas for them (electricity going out can be an issue but not really a problem if you live in a city). Electric stoves existing is fine, touch controls on them are not.

why are touch interfaces and screens shilled on every possible piece of technology, can someone explain that to me?
these designers should be murdered unironically in minecraft

Because smartphones and they should be murdered in the streets

A touchscreen device is more expensive and more prone to breaking, producing additional monetisation through repair services and replacement units. It's not merely the cost of materials and assembly, but also the software enabling the touchscreen interface. All in all, very profitable.

>RUB OUT
>He got a coom key on his keyboard
based

I'd guess it because of the "sleek and minimalist" meme. Which most "designers" try to emulate but completely misses the point. They reduce everything to a dumb rectangle display, even if that black rectangle sticks out like a sore thumb or is impractical for a given use case.
peak product design was in the 70-80's.

Attached: img_9905_0.jpg (5616x1751, 689.44K)

wheres that image from?
looks those gadgets actually make me look forward to technological advancements

Those are radios designed by Dieter Ram, upon checking those are from the 60' and not the 70'/80.

I'd recommend checking out also the grid family of laptops from 1982-1986, like the grid compass pic related.

>looks those gadgets actually make me look forward to technological advancements
me too man. yet we get abortions like everything that is on behance.

Attached: gridcompass-11404960.jpg (1200x823, 140.64K)

The "snow white" design language on early apple computers by Hartmut Esslinger were top tier too.

Attached: zezqscdv.png (569x417, 275.84K)

The IBM convertibl - the first IBM laptop, despite being a piece of shit for his time, did look great and its detachable display was unique

Attached: 02.jpg (1920x1200, 183.08K)

no, it will become neural impulses.
People will emulate buttons in their mind

Retarded luddites holding us back since time immemorial.
The solution to something being shit, or suboptimal, is not to go back to something old, you fucking troglodytes.

More realistic view of the future, we are already capable of simple BCI/BMI

>buttons
>old
What a fucking retard.
Buttons/switches just werk. they can be easily repaired, can be easily made, they do not require any computation, they provide tactile feedback.
They will always exist.

and I didn't say they wouldn't you fucking illiterate miscarriage. Making everything buttons again is retarded. You should all simply expire right now, incapable of moving with the time.

>Making everything buttons again is retarded
And no one ever said this too dumb shit. But the fact is, in almost most cases outside of phones and other micro devices that need to a bunch of different input, touchscreens are garbage.
Getting back to buttons for most devices is not getting back in time. Its getting back to something simplier that just werk. Most of this "progress" is just driven by trends like the fucking notches on displays