Once you go Manjaro, you never go back

Once you go Manjaro, you never go back.

Attached: Screenshot from 2022-02-01 19-58-00.png (1920x1080, 1.77M)

I went back to fedora. manjaro is broken and they scam donators

wrong, went to Arch and now I'm on Debian

To linux because an update bricked the install.

I like your gif wp

This actually, unironically happened to me, twice.

I can relate, every major memejaro update was anticipation what is going to get messed up this time

I liked manjaro. It eased me into arch and I still use fragments from its default config.

>manjaro
based
>gnome
cringe

Manjaro? Artix? Installing Arch manually?
That's cool and all, but I think I'll just keep using Endeavour.

Attached: 1622549976550.jpg (1080x1246, 286.99K)

>using the least stable arch-like distro
ngmi

>using a distro based off a distro
No thanks I'll stick with Arch.

Attached: 1631768132719.jpg (680x383, 25.74K)

based

based manjaro user, moved to it after using Ubuntu, it's working pretty ok, except sometimes it disconnects from wifi.

Attached: neofetch_manjaro.png (604x286, 36.47K)

Yeah I was on Manjaro for a long time. Used KDE and it was really nice. The screen would freeze at the silliest times. And once I did a pacman -Syu and my browser wouldn't open (couldn't fix it without downgrading a ton of packages, just used appimage instead). Switched to Endeavour with Xfce and absolutely no problems. Might try KDE again in the future but I don't want to get spoiled with the features if there're more freeze-ups ahead.

manjaro is cringe artix better

my sysd-dependent services and apps dont work on artix

Until the insanely-aggressive updates cause a kernel panic and you wind up using an older kernel just to back up your stuff and then go ahead and slick the drive and load a more stable distro.

manjaro or mint are the only two distros i'd recommend to noobs, depending on whether they value "stability' over "bleeding edge" (not that those two are the absolute pinnacles of either). from there, someone can move onto something objectively better for their needs (debian if they want a stable/server machine, artix if they want to use another init system, etc.). both come with easy access to the proprietary software most people still need when switching from windows or mac. manjaro has even more, but using the AUR can lead to instability. thankfully, manjaro with btrfs now automatically creates timeshift snapshots... it's not super clear to a noob what that means but basically if they can figure it out they can just revert to before an update messed things up and not have to deal with further troubleshooting.

>depending on whether they value "stability' over "bleeding edge"
noobs don't know what they want
hence the distro hopping

i think they probably would be able to answer the question "What's more important to you: having newer software, or having less bugs or crashes?"
that would at least set them up with a system that values either stability or bleeding edge. from there, the user can adjust things if their preferences change, without hopping distros (i.e. updating repos, using flatpaks, downgrading to LTS, whatever). the problem is they don't realize/admit that's the case so they keep changing distros without learning how to adjust things in their current one.

also they think the DE is tied to the distro and don't realize you can just download virtually any DE on any distro and customize it to your liking

Arch is the stablest and most performant distro I've setup.

I'm waiting for Silverblue to become proper, once it does I might switch to that. Atomic upgrades sound really nice.