Cheapest Prepaid Plan?

What's the cheapest prepaid phone someone can get in any US state for $5 or under a month if they are ONLY going to use that phone for SMS confirmations twice a year tops and only want to prevent losing access due to the phone number being recycled? Dumb-phone preferred.

Every prepaid plan I've seen in stores requires at least $20 for only 2 or 3 months of service which you must then re-buy even if you don't use any of the minutes.

Secondary question: What's the cheapest prepaid "unlimited talk"? If someone only cares about talking for as much as possible for a month or two (0 need for data or text), what's the cheapest prepaid plan?

Attached: Prepaid.jpg (930x1040, 51.1K)

Other urls found in this thread:

redpocket.com/plans
weather.gov/dial-a-forecast/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I heard gentoo is pretty good

>Implying I haven't been surfing Any Forums and Any Forums since 2006 or so.

All Linux distros are broken and clumsy enough pieces of shit on their own to trick people into using; you don't need to suggest Gentoo.

Thanks for the solution. Now I'm going to mark this thread as solved and lock it.

[SOLVED]

red pocket is $2.50/mo for 200 min talk/1000 text/200mb data when bought a year at a time
unlimited talk/text and 3gb of data is $15/mo
I hear its shit but i dont think you can get any cheaper.

If you are a broke ass NEET on food stamps or medicaid you might qualify for lifeline program, which is 350 min/mo unlimited text iirc 4gb or ACP which is unlimites/unlimited/25gb

Google voice is free.
If service detects it as Voip and doesn't allow it, buy cheap prepaid sim plan, then port the number to Google voice for $20 one time fee.

>US state
no. you're fucked. cell phone companies rape everything here. Move to the any euro country where you pay cents a month

>red pocket
Is that in stores or what?

When you say you hear it's shit, what does that entail?

>If service detects it as Voip and doesn't allow it, buy cheap prepaid sim plan, then port the number to Google voice for $20 one time fee.

Wat. Explain this to me like I'm a retard, m8. (Which I am.)

redpocket.com/plans
By shit i hear customer service is nonexistent at times.

Year deals are on eBay

What are you using it for?

Walmart had a $45 a month unlimited data calls and text plan at one point but you had to get their shitty phones

Such as? Point one out? And are they never-ending? Can I buy the same deal two years from now?

I would be using it ONLY if whatever website I used it for SMS verification on demanded I re-verify my number some months or years later. Other than that the phone would sit unused and not charged forever. I just can't risk losing the phone number and having the number be recycled to someone else because then I might lose access to the accounts I verified with that number.

Attached: GALLERIA.jpg (998x562, 137.54K)

Based pic.

>That pic
Top kek

Can someone answer that second part? I'm in a similar boat.

Call yourself every month.
Or call the weather weather.gov/dial-a-forecast/

The problem is I can't find prepaid phones in stores that don't make you pay at least $20 every three months to keep the number, even if you never use or rarely use the minutes.

must be sad to live in a place where you have to pay to even receive sms/phone calls

Mintsim is dirt cheap and based on t-mobile, you can use it with any good chinese phone that's free of ISP bullshit. They are more data oriented with the plans which works out for Any Forums autists, who actually talks on the phone anymore?