Software engineers

>software engineers

Attached: 1641535594116.jpg (600x493, 33.34K)

they do the same thing as regular engineers

>software engineers
>software architects
>software managers
>software entrepeneurs
>software developers
>software custodians
>software programmers
>software scientists
>software maintainer

lmao so insecure

no they don't
there is no accreditation for software "engineering"

why are they called software engineers and not regular engineers then?

Yes. When i hire someone i be e accredited them to do the job.

>regular engineers
>regular architects
>regular managers
>regular developers
>regular maintainers
kek

If you’re serious about program correctness, you’re an engineer. Otherwise, nothing more than a code mknkey that writes code until something seems to work.

Wow, I guess engineers didn't exist before the emergence of accreditation processes.

>nothing more than a code mknkey that writes code until something seems to work
99.999% of all SWE's for FAAGMAN

i'm a code monkey and if engineers check correctness then they are monkeys too because software is failing all the fucking time

which is why i can call myself a software engineer and no one can question it :^)

>train engineer
The word meant something else then.
It was the man who operated the engine.

90% of the time if your job title includes engineer, its only there to make you sound important

I call them regular engineers.

Most software is a house of cards that only stays up because there is no wind in a CPU to knock them down.

theoreticists write down the laws from observation
engineers use the laws to make the tools
programmers/carpenters/tradespeople use the tools to write the code or build the house or make the product

so programmers are not engineers

Yes, that’s why you’re a code monkey. Do you even know what Prism is? How about TLA+? How about type level programming? How about Coq?

this. for an overwhelming majority of the code out there, the "wind" is just users being mildly annoyed and having to work around the bug. buggy software is just expected nowadays

Doesn't the modern engineer work with software like CAD and other stuff that would not be possible if there were not software engineers?

I'm a software artisan

Attached: happy-italian-artisan-guitar-workshop-22541813.jpg (1200x983, 172.42K)

I have my professional engineering designation and I'm recognized by my countries organization of professional engineers as an engineer. What else should I call myself?

Not even fucking close kek even civil engineers just working on fucking concrete need to know more than any software engineer

I actually just recently started a Master's in Software Engineering. (And have been working as one in the past year, making 85k/year in a small/less notable city, 3 years of total work experience right now)
I like it, seems more of what I wanted vs a Comp Sci degree or whatever. Coming from an EE background, I already feel confident in my understanding of basic hardware systems.
My classes seem to revolve more around software design and construction, testing methodology and requirements, picking the right tools for the job, etc.
Also, it seems the better route in general because any idiot can teach himself how to code in x, y, and z languages and get some job as a developer, and as a software engineer, I can do that as well as have more input on how an actual project can go from nothing to something.

Software engineer, developer, architect, systems engineer. Its literally all the same shit.

>My classes seem to revolve more around software design and construction, testing methodology and requirements, picking the right tools for the job, etc.
literally all shit you learn on the job lmao. employers won't give a shit about your masters and won't pay you more

suq my coq

Sounds like cope to me. Software engineering is the degree program that midwits switch to after washing out of CS

>engineers
that really sounds important, but what they really do?

Thats false you do get paid more with a masters. It essentially racks up to two years of extra experience.
How can you fail out of CS? Its easier than any science and requires less math and science classes

>Thats false you do get paid more with a masters. It essentially racks up to two years of extra experience.
good luck finding those employers that will offer you more. they won't.