Who's actually buying this garbage...

Who's actually buying this garbage? I've noticed a strange phenomenon of 13+ year old dell and Toshiba laptops as well as ThinkPads being far too expensive. The people buying these do know they come with shit TN screens, you can't watch 1080p video without constant dropped frames lag like crazy.

Attached: IMG_20220201_080946.jpg (1080x1522, 222.47K)

Youtubers are recommending them

>been saving for 2 years so that you can buy your 12 yo disabled son gaming laptop he's always dreamt of
>buy this shit

Damn, that pentium 4 can definitely use that 120gb ssd's full potential

With 300$ I can build an optiolex PC that plays Gmod, Minecraft 1080p 144hz fancy settings and can upscale emulate everything up to PS2. Why in the fuck would somebody spend their money on this shir

From what I understand, everyone is still buying laptops because of work at home, and everyone is also shilling old laptops as being affordable alternatives to new ones (Which I agree with but that's not relevant here).
Average person doesn't even know what TN or 1080p means, so they buy some garbage laptop because it's "cheap" on ebay and don't know any better.

>DUDE Y ARE U BUYING THAT LAPTOP IT CANT EVEN WATCH YOUTUBE IN 1080P OR PLAY FORTNITE DUDE
holy shit

Attached: CAT3 (copy)-kb-qualitygood.jpg (113x126, 3.61K)

I don't rest buy the work from home thing, I think it's just söybuying and muh retro. You can literally buy an optiplex or even a x1 carbon 2nd gen i5 and get much better value

>BUY A THINKPAD
>"DUDE ITS GOT AN SSD IN IT"
>the person only uses it for word, excel, IF YOURE LUCKY
>leaves "autosave on"
>BRUH MY SSD BROKE

It can't even load webpages in a timely order, you can barely call it a laptop that's usable. This seems like a need for a söyjack

>zoomers dont know what an email client is
>nooo you dont understand i need online sheets and docs
>mah heckin browser noooo i cant load webpages timely sir on starbucks wifi

People on eBay and other reselling sites would rather let their shit collect dust for years than sell it for less than they think it's worth. "I know what I got"-ism is most common in the firearms and automotive community but it's common everywhere else, too.

>cat3
thats a gay mouse

muh nostalgia

>and don't know any better
because there isnt any better. it only gets worse

That particular machine is a rare model with a built-in subwoofer that used desktop Pentium 4 CPUs. What's more, LGR made a video on it. Do you need any more reasons why it's expensive?

>post old laptop for sale at asspull price
>if someone offers to buy it for even half of listed, still make ok money
>if someone buys it at listed, make great money
Few people are actually buying them but it’s worth it for the seller to clean up the computer and list it just to see what happens

A gunshiw is the perfect example of this. So many old fuckers selling grands that look like they got dragged out of the sea for 2k

Being a older zoomer myself, what's with everyone constantly blaming zoomers? I mean most if not all the shit I see mentioned is done by everybody and sometimes millennials

Meant to type garands instead of grand

Every device is a gaming device for me.

Attached: 30_year_old_doomer_by_snoardur_dcme7qw-pre.jpg (861x928, 167.9K)