Is this true? I honestly don't understand why anybody would force themselves to use linux... Also...

Is this true? I honestly don't understand why anybody would force themselves to use linux... Also, why are there so many linux shills here? I haven't met a single linux user irl lol

Attached: lin.jpg (1901x888, 219.99K)

its like fast food vs cooking at home. everyone knows cooking at home is much better but it can be messy, if you put in the work you will have a much better experience, thats IF. This is why people prefer linux but most do not want to customize an OS that perfectly fits them. They want the quick fast stuff especially if they do not care about computers. It also depends on your usecase. My gaming machine admittedly runs Windows since its less hassle but my work laptop runs linux since i can customize my workflow. You probably havent met one IRL since they are like 1% of users, and that's because most people dont really care. I hope that answers your question

N

Windows is pretty buggy, that's not just a downside of Linux. Both options have various downsides but Linux users are the ones who have found it to be the better option for them and their setup.

I

G

NIGGER

lmao Linux is like cooking at home but you have to build your own pans, pots and appliances; otherwise, you have to deal with prebuilt pans losing their bottoms, pots losing their handles and ovens catching on fire and leaking gas more often than not.

no not really, there's enough stuff already done for you, including Linux itself. Assembling your Linux distro to your liking is like doing an advanced Lego build versus windows being just buying a fully assembled toy. For most the finished toy is better but if you want to make adjustments Lego will give you this freedom

if i could i would probably use MacOS.
I do not want to get a mac though and i am not even gonna bother with a hackingtosh.

Honestly more i use linux more I like how it works
Just type in a command to install something, just type in a command to compile a program or interpret a script
Ultimate customizability
Wine works with almost all industry standard software
Only gripes are shitty biometrics support and phone connection support, using linux on laptop is retarded anyway
One thing this meme is right about is the cult community, most repulsive people on the planet

It depends on what you want.
I use windows for my home computer (recreation/games), I have a Mac at work, and I have Linux Mint installed on my laptop.
By far and large, Linux Mint has been the easiest OS I've ever worked with. I've had Windows randomly decide to fuck up the pathing while trying to run scripts I'm debugging, Mac treats you like a toddler and won't tell you why it all of a sudden just slowed to a crawl; you have to figure it out yourself, and sometimes restarting the Mac doesn't do anything because it "helpfully" restarts programs and locks down all permissions. "Verifying Excel" every 10th time I open it, and spends a good 10 minutes doing absolutely nothing and not opening excel; Fuck their shitty notes, etc etc
I just do everything on my laptop. Never had issues with a single thing Linux mint. I use vscode and command line for everything, never once had a problem. I also don't try to bloat it with a bunch of shitty buggy software that I use once for a picture for Any Forums and never again, so there's that. But for pure coding (I'm a software dev for a biotech company), It's absolute bliss. I customized it a bit, and it works amazing. I seriously don't think I've ever had it freeze up on me in the 1.5 years I've been using it as my main workhorse, and I definitely can't say the same about either my Mac or windows (I had to restart my Mac yesterday because god knows what the fuck it started doing in the background with the docker daemon, but it just blitzed out and ate up 300+% CPU, constantly. Never had that happen on my linux distro.)

>Food and toys analogy
It sure reeks of immature amerilard over here.

How would you know if a person you meet irl uses Linux or not? Do you often start conversations about what operating systems people use?

>analogy uses things literally everyone should know
oh im sorry, Windows is like Niedere Minne while Linux is Walther von der Vogelweide-inspired since its not easily reproduceable by most peasants, which is why Niedere Minne is more popular but Vogelweide can give the better experience if you actually learn to read/write in 1210 Würzburg, which is hard but will give you more interesting topics to sing about.

Linux is great on servers. Mediocre as a Windows replacement. Everyone knows this and argues for fun or to refresh one's knowledge of OSes and slurs.

i can tell you either are retarded or you never actually used linux. if you re retarded then whatever man, good luck to you, but if you re talking out of your ass you re the type of person that i despise the most

I use linux and bsds on laptops to conserve battery. Depending on what your doing windows/macos is better. I always have a windows/mac lying around somewhere, maybe in the dualboot of some old laptop. The only reason to use Linux/BSD is either: for programming/development, to save battery on old machine, because you've become accustomed to it because of the previous two reasons. Otherwise it's shitty, easily breaking OS.
Windows works for games & msoffice (since everyone uses it), Mac OS has nice default audio/video editing tools. They're slowly becoming equivalent nowadays. People can survive using only MacOS or Windows. This isn't totally true for Linux/BSD, since people/friends/family will eventually ask you to use something that will be incompatible (e.g Zoom, Skype, etc). Unless you put a lot of effort, surviving only with Linux/BSD is very hard. Same goes for gaming.
tl;dr: linux is mostly for devs & "tinkerers", no only uses linux, they always have a windows or mac lying around somewhere

my ex gf told a bunch of fags my dick size and soon as we broke up i got like 5 DMs asking for them to suck my dick and fuck them. what the fuck are wrong with faggots. obviously i went with the shortest one. he made me cum in minutes. honestly surprised.

Linux is faster and overall works better on my shitty laptop. And I wouldn't be able to play games anyways so I don't care. As a concrete example, Prusa slicer was absurdly slow when I had it installed on w10, but it load and slices almost instantly on linux mint with xfce.
Another example: to verify files and their checksums in w10 I had to download two pieces of software, and the GUI wasn't very good. In linux I just write a command.
Finding and installing software for casual use is way easier, too (examples of two pieces of software I've installed: a fast video converter and a light video editor, since I just need basic functionalities they are perfectly fine.)
The only downside I've encountered until now is GNOME not having big thumbnails in the file picker, which is extremely annoying but not as annoying as it was using windows for me with my shitty laptop.
If you want to game of need to use professional software you probably better stay with windows or macos

>come to technology
>rag on a form of technology
>it brings out the hardcore enthusiasts that use such technology to defend it
why, why is this happening to me?

>msoffice
Most people just use google drive for simple tasks nowadays.

only person that I know who uses linux is my best friend who works in IT. has windows 10 installed on his home machine as well as linux. remember once trying to benchmark his SSD in crystaldiskinfo and thing just wouldn't download on linux so he ended up booting windows

Windows is the operating system that allows you to just get shit done, simple as. Almost no major configuration or driver fuckery required other than clicking next a bunch of times on the installer. Linux is always just such a fucking hassle to do the bare minimum. Audio production, video or photo editing, gaming, etc is always a bastardized solution at best on Linux.

Linux is great for a fire and forget server though. My server is headless and only contactable via SSH and it requires almost no effort or upkeep

>Hours learning how to install
>apt install thing
yeah ok
installing stuff on windows is a pain in the fucking ass
>people constantly shilling free trial software, affiliate links out the ass
>5 download buttons
>Bundled adware you miss if you blink
It's shit.

^

A man chooses, a slave obeys.
Yes, I play Bioshock on Linux, so what?

>White men uses Linux