IT vs Dev

should I pursue a career in IT or as a developer? What are pros and cons? IT seems more comfy but I always read on there that it is a living hell.

Attached: images[1].jpg (299x168, 8.19K)

IT:
>lower pay
>boring work
>coworkers are illiterate normies
>can work anywhere computers exist
>certs exist that show you know your shit
Dev:
>higher pay
>more thoughtful work
>coworkers are 33% based 33% indians 33% dangerhairs 1% trannies
>if not working remote, have to live in expensive tech cities
>high barrier to entry thanks to pajeets and "learn to code" push

IT 100 IQ

>IT
Work with other people.
>Dev
Do your own stuff

Other people are hell and annoying. I prefer work where I can mostly choose when to talk to other people.

I always though it was the opposite. I thought as a dev you have to have daily meetings with other devs and occasionally with the bosses or customers, usually work in a team etc. where as an IT guy you sit in a dark basement or server-room with two other guys that wear metal shirts and don't talk much.

>dangerhairs
A woman with hair dyed in bright and exotic color(s) who is also crazy. A play on exotic amphibians and reptiles whose bright colors serve to signify to that they are dangerous (ie, poisonous).
Stay away from Zoey. She’s a danger hair— cute but crazy. Like a poison dart frog.

>Do your own stuff
t. entry-level-dev
In development if you get past entry positions you have a lot of meetings to discuss design with the tech team and to discuss requirements with other departments

The world hates autism

CYBERSECURITY >200IQ

If you start in IT like infrastructure/SRE/Devops stuff you can always make the switch to dev and you will be a better one because of it
Making the switch the other way around is harder

Why not both and go DevOps?
Also, I had a lot of container/terraform/kubernetes shit in university and really enjoyed it. What career path makes heavy use of those?

Then DevOps is the right choice for you

There is no career in both cases.
It is a young man's job.
They only hire the young and cheap.

CS is essentially a scam.

>t. unemployed basement-dwelling 4channer regurgitating bullshit

its absolutely not though, developers WITH experience is one of the most sought after qualifications in the job market today. Its when you dont have any you are worthless

Retard what do you say to saturated junior roles and close to nonexistent actual seniors

Why is it the opposite for me? Is it because of my third world country?

As a dev, I had costant meetings with clients and people. Yes I wrote software and designed new components but meeting were a big and hurtful part.

As a devops/SRE, I had the most fun ever. I am still in a lot of calls, but have WAAY less calls than a dev, or at least it feels like.

Still it heavily depends on the company.

Also, as a dev you might work on the most boring shit ever, while in DevOps you can work in datacenters/programming/security/data analysis I mean it's really everything and if you like everything it's surely nice

Please for your own mental health's sake don't get into either of them. IT and dev weren't made for humans, we're just too dumb to figure out how to fully automate those jobs for now.

Cybersecurity people are some of the dumbest people I've met. They're like IT, except they just read cybersecurity blog posts and pretend they understand anything. Most of them barely know C or any programming, and are just glorified anti virus salespeople, and talk about long passwords and 2FA.

Vulnerability researchers & code auditters are very different from corporate cyber security workers.

>we're just too dumb to figure out how to fully automate those jobs for now.
And who is going to automate these jobs ?

IT work is sweet because you can do it lowkey. You can get a job running the network in a church and never have to answer to anybody but god.

someone like him doesn't realize that's what devs already do. their entire purpose is slowly automating human life. making UI easier, cutting out shit and rewriting it so that it's easier to maintain and is scalable, etc etc. it all comes down to automation
i can start up thousands of servers for my company with some button clicks, 15 years ago that would have been a massive amount of effort in comparison