I miss the old Unix so much guys

I miss the old Unix so much guys

Attached: nodejsrob.png (764x183, 28.13K)

wait, Research Unix did not have symlinks?

wait, Sneed's Feed and Seed was formerly chucks?

>My two-year-old 11" MacBook Air is the only piece of computing hardware to make me happy since I can't remember when.
>As I've said elsewhere, the answer to "emacs or vi" is "neither".
>I want no local storage anywhere near me other than maybe caches. No disks, no state, my world entirely in the network.

it was, and it was called...

chucks suck and fuck

>BSD signal stuff
What does he mean?

I prefer systemd/linux over unix

Perhaps new unix is shit because the foundation to build it on was so bad?
Like really, for me it seems like it was quite neat in some ways but other designs were so much more hackable and extensible and the only reason unix got so big is because the cost of operation was so low
based just works chad

How old are you?

>The AT&T kike misses the times when an uncomposable AT&T proprietary turd of an operating system replaced the infinitely more powerful Lisp machines
Cute

Unix was a mainframe OS which got badly adapted in a short time into being a general purpose OS. This is why Android needed to be made, bacause pure Linux would have been madness.

Unfortunately until freetards realize that different types of device need different hardware and software we will be stuck with a jack of all trades glued together piece of shit.

>PDP-7
>mainframe

The Nokia Maemo mobile phones ran rings around Android until Android 4 and they were straight Debian-based instead of custom userland over Linux. You could even chroot them and run X/LibreOffice from the chroot.

Still,
> ugh.pdf

rob pike is the kind of retarded baboon that would insist we all use our computers via a terminal like it's the 1970s.
i don't even think rob knows what he means. he talks so much fucking shit and simps eat it up.

>pc lusering on unics

> features are bad
> old is good
> I'm better than you
No wonder he designed the most braindead language out here, this guy confuses "simplicity" and "elegance" with "permittivity". Early Unix was primitive, not "simple" or "elegant", so is Go, so is OpenBSD, so it the suckless meme.

so whats the alternative mr pike?

uhh who are you quoting
such a person isnt real, surely

Android is pure Linux, retard. It uses the exact same code you get from Torvalds' github.

He means BSD signal handling
man.openbsd.org/signal.3

Old Unix and C is like having a kitchen of knives, spoons, pots, pans. Programming with todays languages and paradigms is like instead stocking your kitchen with dish specific appliances- rice maker, egg slicer, omelette pan, etc