Python

This is the perfect scripting language and a damn good programming language and the people who bash it are brainlets who either:
a) cannot learn more than 1 language or cannot intuit which language they should use for which application (that is, can't figure out when performance needs dictate just using C/C++/Rust/whatever)
b) know that Python is often used as a "learning" or "beginner" language and think that shitting on it will give them some sort of nerd cred that they desire due to their insecurity stemming from being stupid as shit.
This is not a thread for discussion; I'm simply stating facts and informing the community. Please do not respond. Thank you for understanding.

Attached: file.png (800x800, 83.2K)

t. amerimutt, half nigger

didn't read but I can safely assume you're just too dumb for static typing

kill yourself is my opinion

python is slow as fuck
use it only to glue C code together with retarded webdev garbage

>slow
85% of the time people say this they don't actually need any speed but are regurgitating things they read online

You're right. Thank you.

you're welcome

let me explain how spending 8 hours making C code who is 3 second faster than the same code in python is actually a very good use of your time.

>slow
>85% of the time people say this they don't actually need any speed but are regurgitating things they read online
Source: Just trust me bro

I started with python and then I had to unlearn a bunch of stuff to understand real programming languages. It's a terrible language that takes abstraction too far.

You being a college loser doesn't make it a terrible language

I've worked with C#, F#, TypeScript and Ruby. I know all of these plus Java and Rust

Python is garbage just like Ruby and just like any other language that doesn't have static typing, first class functions and discriminated unions.

you can easily tell you've never programmed anything in your life and you would struggle to understand:
10 PRINT"I CAN'T CODE"
20 GOTO 10

>the perfect scripting language
The package management is terrible, the interpreter is slower than it has to be, the 2 to 3 transition was initially botched, they're too cavalier about backward compatibility even in current releases, the standard library is full of cruft, the static typing suffers from being retrofitted. I could go on.
Still one of my favorite languages though.

Python has first class functions.

guido has better physiognomy than 90% of Any Forums
yes this is a valid argument

Attached: image_proxy (1).jpg (405x270, 44.88K)

>Please do not respond
OK

No DUs or static typing tough.

There's offline static typechecking. It's ok. Could be worse.
Discriminated unions would be nice. You can sorta rig it up yourself:
from dataclasses import dataclass
from typing import Generic, TypeVar

T = TypeVar("T")
U = TypeVar("U")

@dataclass
class Left(Generic[T]):
val: T

@dataclass
class Right(Generic[T]):
val: T

Either = Left[T] | Right[U]

def print_left(item: Either[int, str]):
match item:
case Left(val):
print(val)

print_left(Left(10)) # prints "10"
print_left(Right("b")) # prints nothing
print_left(Right(True)) # type error
But I expect it sucks if you try it in real code. And Mypy doesn't support match statements at all yet so I don't know if it'll even have exhaustiveness checking. (It's not enforced at all at runtime.)

I don't know if it's perfect but it's damn good and does the job for me.

whats the best way to start learning python?

99% of Anti-Python posters are Rustrannies who can't conceive of doing anything that is actually useful and practical. They must obsess over something totally useless. It is the autism

There are so many different things you can do with it, it's hard to say.
My favorite thing I did as a beginner was building a web scraper and then running some word analyses on the data I collected.
If you're talking about ultra-beginner stuff I'd say check out a Coursera Python intro course and spend a couple hours doing that