This confuses and upsets the average linux user

This confuses and upsets the average linux user

Attached: wifi.png (1280x924, 99.89K)

FREETARDS BTFO'D

Attached: 1613859152806.jpg (374x334, 16.06K)

based

curbed [-]
/thread

Why?

mfw using wifi rn with a librebooted thinkpad on a free-software-only distribution, fake news

I don't have issues, iwlwifi works just fine with Intel cards. You must be doing something wrong. You are either an iToddler or that stupid.

works on my machine

If I'm at home, I have an ethernet cable. If I'm not at home, I don't need to use the internet.

My Intel, mediatek and atheros cards and dongles work fine. It's only realtek that has issues

high five

Realtek works fine as well. Older ones at least work out of the box. Newer ones need a dkms driver, but soon they end up in kernel if you wait long enough. rtw89 gonna solve your problems soon.

But if you use Broadcom you deserve pain and suffering. Because that's garbage. Apple likes using those. No wonders it doesn't play nice with anything.

cringe and pozzed

Broadcoom in my experience doesn't even work in Windows, never mind.
Fucking thing would need to be manually disabled every time my laptop went to sleep.

HOLY BASTE

For the 100th time this second, no less.

This confuses and upsets me and I'm not even a linux user I just live in an apartment building. I've never been able to get reliable reception, the only way to do so is to stand right next to the router which completely defeats the purpose of having WiFi. I've had a few routers and lived in a few different places and this has always been the case. Currenty router has both 2.4G and 5G but neither work. Tried using one of those signal checker apps to find a channel with less interference and switch to that but none of them work. Apps always show the signal as being strong, phones and laptops show the signal with maximum bars or whatever, but it invariably cuts out after a few minutes or the speed slows to a crawl. I've thought about getting repeaters or something but as it is I'd have to get like 10 of them just to reach my living room from my computer room because the signal literally only carries a few meters. As it is I've just run cables along the ceiling into other rooms. Is there any way to use WiFi if you don't live by yourself in a house surrounded by a faraday cage?

Attached: angry_satania.png (600x471, 393.55K)

>What are Ethernet cables?

Works on my machine, though some laptops do in fact have fucked drivers on Linux.

I don't get it....

Why would it? I bought hardware I knew was compatible because I'm not a retard.