STOP IDLING YOUR CAR!

STOP IDLING YOUR CAR!

youtu.be/kNiapuA0yTQ

Attached: Screenshot_20220131-232834_1.jpg (720x540, 62.76K)

Nope gonna let it warm up for 30 minutes every morning, -15f too cold for me

idle+rev every 10 secs

Not my problem

I drive an electric car that is incapable of wasting energy idling.

Attached: 1621622534086.jpg (1030x1730, 409.1K)

Do you even physics?
The colder it it the more battery power goes to waste.

My car gets 50mpg
I'll let it idle for 10 minutes whenever I fucking please

the conclusion was that it costs very little for a typical ca r(in the USA, where petrol is cheap and healthcare and education are expensive)

can you tl;dw?

imagine not using eco idle

I don't care
I premix my rotary
I will remove the cats.

Attached: chad face.jpg (1080x1326, 72.71K)

Conclusion is it doesn't matter if you leave your car idle for a few minutes. Unless you have a truck or anything with a bigger motor and idle for hours, then you're not gonna notice a difference.

what power, he said idling

>weather goes belew 45F
>lose 40% battery instantly

yeah ok faggot

I'm trying to warm the world, asshole. Do your part. It's fucking cold outside.

sometimes i wanna go to the store, so start my car up in the garage with the garage door half way up, and then i go play a quick game of overwatch but i forget, and next its been 2 hours and my car has just been sitting there wasting gas, at least my garage is now warm.

When someone tells me you burn gas or it's bad for your car to idle for long, I immediately know he doesn't know shit about cars

Keep it in a garage duh

>idling doesnt burn gas
are you fucking retarded?

Garages are cold too you fucking retard especially detached garages. Attached garages aren't much warmer unless you're wasting tons of electricity to heat them

So don't drive it and you'll be ok?

lmao may as well be a back up for when you lose power.

Attached: 8qofenam6ye81.jpg (1080x810, 91.81K)

Isn't cold-starting an engine and then immediately driving bad for it?
I know back when cars were all carbed that you HAD to idle it before driving or else you risked fucking the engine.
I know enough ultra-autist Beemer owners and they all idle and warm their engines before heading out into the road without indicating and wrecking their cars anyway.

Attached: 1642267034515.png (325x303, 48.64K)

Do it enough and you could harm it if you're starting it then driving like a bat out of hell at 6k rpm. It won't normally be an issue though they're like you said ultra autists.

No actually you are supposed to drive them immediately, but on low revs, when you drive it the car will lubricate and warm up faster, but as I said low revs, if you red line it you are going to fuck up the engine

you start it then hold it at low rpms for a few secs and repeat that for like a min or two then you can drive as you want

once the oil temp is out of the cold zone it's better to drive it on low revs up to nirmal operating temperature.

I looked in my car's manual once and it specifically says that the best way to warm up the engine is to drive the car. This guy is right though, drive it gently. you should do that anyway if you're concerned about saving gas.