Attached: archlogo.png (390x129, 3.75K)

>being a stabilitycuck in 2022
lol

[citation needed]
t. 8 years

Arch is really stable though.

Greg Kroah-Hartman uses Arch

>rolling release distros are a hobbyist meme
yeah you clearly never needed the most uptodate libraries on debian or gentoo. it can just be a pain. And since rolling release is stable enough for workstations there is close to no reason to use stable distros for anything else than servers.

>hobbyist
So? Explain why this is bad.

Hi Arch dev here. No I will not prove it for obvious reasons.
Arch is a hobbyist os.
Arch is stable in the idea that bugs are fixed and you're not going to crash most of the time.
Arch is not stable in the terms of version numbers. The only time we ever sort of freeze versions is because the new version of a package wasn't properly tested yet.

Why is this bad?
What do we owe you?
What were you expecting?
What do you want from Arch?
What issues are you actually facing?

sure, good luck getting the newest gcc and glibc versions on Arch

people still don't get it. "stable" has always meant "doesn't change," not "doesn't break all the time."
it's fine to run a hobbyist rolling distro, after all if it's your hobby you're going to learn how to maintain your system and deal with some of the inherent risks of rolling.
i use artix btw

By that definition, the only software that could be considered "stable" is abandoned and susceptible to breaking

>abandoned
it's still getting security and bug fixes
>susceptible to breaking
not at all, unlike when pushed straight from upstream without proper testing

of course
you won't find anyone with a job using Arch

Attached: 1637171161540.jpg (1431x1200, 254.12K)

I have a job and use Arch on my main dev machine
I just have a hook to automate snapshots before applying system upgrades, so on the very rare occasion that something goes wrong, I can just roll back real quick without issue

>doing free QA in 2022

Attached: 1643633332017.png (722x416, 91.94K)

security and bug fixes are changes

>reboots into lts kernel in like 30 seconds

tell me you are 0.1x developer without telling me

>he doesn't have automatic backups
lmao you'll finish that bootcamp someday, just tell your mom to get off your back

>boots into system after update
>realizes something is wrong
>has to dig through logs and google stuff to find what's wrong, eventually realizes it's caused by a new kernel version
>reboots into lts kernel finally
all that when you could use something where packages are actually tested and not run into these issues at all

or just boot into lts kernel by default when I'm just trying to get some work done and I don't currently need the latest performance improvements
you misunderstand the point of rolling release, it's about having control and choices

Boot into snapshot, revert

Arch far is more stable (in the "it doesn't break" sense) than every other distro out there, including Debian Stable and its copium-based *buntus.

>ssd
>defrag
what