RIP Notebook review forums

Years of laptop hardware modding and knowledge down the drain. TechTarget gotta increase that shareholder value!

Attached: image_2022-01-31_140708.png (1335x611, 63.52K)

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.notebookreview.com/
notebookcheck.net/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It really is outrageous. I know one of the head mods was at least trying to get a hold of a backup or something. I'm guessing he never actually reached anyone at TechTarget.

please tell me this is not true

It is.

forum.notebookreview.com/

Attached: saddnesscloserthen.jpg (480x461, 30.37K)

laptops are becoming more and more useless and knowledge to fix them is shrinking

Please elaborate.

Attached: 1637786025760.jpg (890x839, 68.26K)

There should really be legal protection against closing down public forums.

I was so pleased with this change that I just had to use the little button in the sidebar to connect with a sales expert.

>Soldered or onboard RAM
>Soldered or onboard storage
Why bother anymore?

Why do they even shut them down?
The server time required to serve an old ass phpBB forum and keep them running is negligible.

>Years of nuanced laptop knowledge pissed away in an instant
>"lol bro have a question just go over to leddit, fags tech tips, or toms"

Attached: pusheen gonna shoot a bitch.jpg (720x833, 27.16K)

>Not being a datahoarder in $currentYear

Attached: 1614074524009.png (700x707, 491.57K)

laptops are becoming a dead end for computing
you don't need replaceable parts if the "computer" is a disposable interface to the cloud, which more laptops are becoming

why would anyone use anything but URL rel
notebookcheck.net/

it really sucks. I just signed up like a year ago and they were very helpful in getting my classic Alienwares upgraded.

This and CNET dropping CRT specifications are very concerning signs of things to come.

address your questions to the laptop manufacturer's Discord and if you're lucky you'll get a bot reply with a link to a newbie tutorial on a totally different website. If you're unlucky they'll refuse to help you because you pirated LTSC or your post will just get buried because Discord is not a fucking forum replacement. It's irc with pictures.

is that why old enthusiast models are inclining?

I swear, if just one company made this type of platform again they'd feast on this market.

Attached: IMG_20220126_232754.jpg (1393x1745, 662.23K)

yep
laptop manufacturers are really pushing the cloud meme but lots of people aren't buying it
mid 2020 was a great time to sell some old thinkpads but even now that market is still booming more than it was 5 years ago

As much as the thought of linus getting richer annoys me I really do hope that Framework laptop shit succeeds.

I remember this shit from 2006, comfy forums

"Enthusiast" hardware in general is on the rise.
It actually has nothing to do with the modularity as companies like Clevo exist to fill the niche of modular laptops.

No, the prices are going up because the design cues from the early 2010s will never be seen again. These things are not fast and upgradeablity is moot at this point for these machines.