I understand class inheritance conceptually, but every time I attempt to utilize it my shit breaks. What do?

I understand class inheritance conceptually, but every time I attempt to utilize it my shit breaks. What do?

Attached: 1633283165337.gif (500x373, 1019.78K)

>What do?
Dont utilize it.

these are fundamental concepts. you must be retarded

I'm no expert programmer but I used to write automated tests and to build a nice suite I had to employ inheritance, so I guess I understand it enough to answer your question. Do you have one?

Post your code

Practice it moar.

Use composition over inheritance.

This. Class inheritance has been ripped to pieces several times, and it's common knowledge it sucks. If you haven't figured this out by now, just give up.

>to understand inheritance you must first understand inheritance

Inheritance is there mainly for software to follow the DRY principle (Don’t repeat yourself). Which is great in theory and for your little project, but in real world enterprise software teams, you must assume everyone is massively retarded. That’s right, all enterprise level software has been created and maintained by Grade A retards. For this reason you must never employ inheritance in your work, because the other retards you work with will abuse and contort your ideas in ways that are so horrific, it will be beyond your comprehension. The correct approach is to write tons and tons of repeated code. This way, when bugs are found and reported by the QA team you get to fix each of them one-by-one. The same fix, applied to various places in the repository with the same repeated code. Boom, now you have job security and easy day-to-day work.
>oh, this issue again? Guess I can just apply this fix again.
>make it sound a lot more complicated and difficult in your daily scrum
This is what they really should be teaching in college.

Keeping your code job secure is the most important skill to learn.

Use interfaces. Inheritance is worth it only in game dev.

where can I buy a lamp like that?
and how do I get such a comfy setup

Attached: hopeless.png (1280x703, 1.33M)

Take the Lisp pill. Inheritance works the best in Lisp, including multiple inheritance.

Don't use it. OOP is retarded.

>Lisp pill
Fuck off Graham

Its possibly the easiest thing in programming. So easy it made me design horrible code to satisfy OOP

>every time I attempt to utilize it my shit breaks. What do?
Don't use it. It isn't necessary most of the time. (I use it occasionally, but really not all that much.)

>filtered by oop
I know you can stoop lower but this is shameful

>class inheritance sucks
>create interfaces with default implementations
>this is great! Just compose

Class inheritance is a retarded concept made by retards for retards supposedly to make your code more concise, expandable and reduce typing/copypasting
In reality it causes shitload of problems:
>requires you to think way too far into the future
>is such strong abstraction concept that you have to design things around it
>requires you to write shitton of useless code like the accessors
>should they be inline? dunno lulz let it run