Unprotected webcams

Why do people want to show the world what goes on inside their house? I have seen people on the other side of the planet walk around their house naked.

Attached: Screenshot_20220131_154050_com.webhost.webcams.jpg (1080x2244, 572.57K)

>unprotected webcams
what?

Doggie

>want
it's not intentional retard
the webcams are designed to be open access by default
blame chinks

99% of the time they're security cameras from china that just have no security enabled by default, people see them working and that's it
some people are into exhibitionism, but i doubt many of these are for that reason

As it turns out most people don't actually care about privacy and they're not that interesting.

>most people don't actually care about privacy
if these people found out their security camera was publicly accessible, i think they'd be pissed

stop spying on people, you fucking weirdo

>I have seen people on the other side of the planet walk around their house naked.
Pics or it didn't happen.

If they cared in the first place they wouldn't be buying "whatever the first/cheapest result is". The paranoid schizos here that think the government is after them certainly would be buying something more secure and spending the time to configure it. But most people don't care enough to do that.

How do you do to access them, though? Normally, they'd be inaccessible behind a NAT firewall, which 99.99999% of all normies use.

no

most people wouldn't fathom that the camera they installed on "their wifi" would be accessible by anybody in the world and not just "the app it came with"
people do not understand how the internet works, like at all

UPnP is a thing

Do the cameras use UPnP to forward ports by default, even?

how else do you expect them to provide the "view your cameras on your phone anywhere" feature?

>treadmill
>step ladder
>no legs

To be honest, I thought all the nu-devs making these things made it take the detour over The Cloud, because you end-to-end connectivity is apparently utterly dead.

How does that work with just UPnP, though? How does the app know what IP address to use to access the cameras? Does it use some sort of public service when setting up to find out its own public IP address and assume the cameras will always stay on that address?

nowadays it's often a CGNAT too
upnp wouldn't work

>nowadays it's often a CGNAT
Is it? I haven't seen any ISP in the west use CGNAT, at least.

What a wholesome grandpa, look at him just sitting there, I sure hope he doesn't violently masturbate to cheese pizza in the living room

The treadmill is obviously meant for his dog so it can stay in shape and be a good and healthy doggo.

It's been so long since I've looked at unprotected webcams but maybe I'll spend some time today doing that

IPv6 would fix this.

Attached: camgirls.jpg (750x750, 88.84K)

how could one obtain the knowledge to do such a thing?

How do I prevent perverts like OP to connect to my cameras? Running a local VPN?

Get tf outta here you bitch ass glowfaggot. We already have enough federal agents snooping through everyone's shit and especially Any Forums, one more can just be btfo
>inb4 schizo privacyfag
Why else would you be on this board?

Attached: file.png (2000x1131, 1.15M)

Closed/stealth all ports on your WAN facing network and use SSH if you have to access your cameras remotely. Otherwise just don't have your IP cameras facing the internet.

Wrong reply
Meant for