Those of you who gave up on Linux, why?

Those of you who gave up on Linux, why?

Attached: RIKKASEX.png (454x434, 246.17K)

comand line big dumb not worken right n i anot none time fer that

I stopped being poor and bought a Mac

Rikka sex sex sex sex!!!

Attached: 7339084b7601aed8fcb543927bc22bd2.jpg (2386x3317, 2.68M)

dumb meeper

Gnome 3

My wireless adapter works like shit with it, internet is slow and there are invalid misc counts out of the wazoo no matter what I do.
It lacks good creative software, Krita is great but it's no CSP.
It runs slower than Windows, to boot, even if I use a really light distro.

fragmentation
core system parts are WIP -- wayland taking ~10 years of being "nearly ready, next release it's gotta be default" and still every wayland/gnome/kde/driver update tells some improvements fixes are being made
snap & flatpak as easy way to drop the elegant dynamic linking in favor of bloat BUT also, which is more important, way to push proprietary software past distro maintainers, don't know how that impacts me yet, just bit paranoid
i'd might come mostly because of games: wine is a lot better on linux than on mac

Attached: 1422053000559.gif (480x810, 2.91M)

Linux is a kernel.

suck my proprietary dick stallman

Linux and computer also sex (with rika)

Attached: 9b8f06b2cca8e4217935212dbbe17e23.jpg (1448x2048, 583.29K)

'What you're referring to as "Linux" in in fact-'
For that exact same fucking reason. Instead of fixing *many* things, they fight over the fucking name.

System completely locks up unless I disable the CPU's sleep states.

Waking from suspend doesn't turn the screen on half of the time.

FN keys + fingerprint sensor not working.

Lacking drivers

also sex with Yui

>thumbnails
>gtk
>ntfs support
>needing to reinstall drivers after kernel update
>the guis/DEs
>I/O speed in general (the caching is the worst offender)
>appimages/flatpaks/snaps/debs/ppas
I just ssh into my server that has linux (debian 11) on it. I keep linux where it belongs (a server), without a DE (how it should be) and not where it shouldn't be (the desktop). I could probably run windows 7 (instead of 10) on my desktop without any problems. Desktop linux is a joke (too bad so sad).

Attached: 1606301131837.jpg (960x664, 146.35K)

>It runs slower than Windows, to boot, even if I use a really light distro.
That's because when you "shut down" windows usually you aren't shutting it down, just putting it to sleep. Even with this in mind, on my gaming PC, manjaro took about the same time to boot as windows, and on my laptop Artix is not only much faster to boot, it is much faster in general and it also uses less than 1% CPU load and less than 200Mb of RAM on idle, the only valid excuse to use windows is obscure and profession-specific software that probably will never be ported to Linux.

Sick of babysitting an operating system. Damned thing breaks during updates and then gotta find out what's wrong and fix it. Like a girlfriend who's in a constant state of crisis.

Attached: 1640754501682m.jpg (1024x891, 252.14K)

yum yum mate (。・ω・。)ノ

Anything related to display
I got my shit to run fine, but the fact I can't use my somewhat "obscure" monitor setup without suffering because I happen to have different refresh rates and VRR on one of them without some buggy shit through wayland or no good support at all through X11 put me off. Still a long way ahead. Also Wayland gave me more trouble here and there and it limited my DE choices a lot.

Funny you post the meeper, 07th modded higurashi doesn't play intros through WINE. Something about the codec they use I guess. I know there's a native version of mangagamer's release for linux but still.

>run Ubuntu
>try to install KSP
>after hours of searching for solutions to my many issues the consensus I find is "install it with steam"
>give up on linux for several year
>hear Mint is great for beginners
>try to install KSP
>same story all over again
For me the whole point of installing Linux was to understand how it works and I'm not going to learn shit if I can't install a game without a 3rd party launcher.

Mostly gave up on it for main OS desktop use, just too glitchy and simply not supported well enough to bother with in general, too many strange and marginal issues where it's not outright broken but doesn't work quite right either. Works great on my headless home server though. I'll give it another chance with the Steam Deck, if there's any chance of it not being a mess it's when a big company is attempting to sell it as the default OS on its PC which comes with a well-known hardware config.

I have a Mac now. It does everything GNU did for me and more.

>install 3 different kinds of distro and desktop environment
>3 different ways of handling hdmi connection
>all 3 wrong
>no matter what I do, one invariably displays wrong resolutions, the other invariably sends the laptop into ibernation when I close the lid, the last one invariably fails to send audio through hdmi
I love playing with Linux but it's retarded in the most amusing ways and in the simplest tasks. Won't leave it though. It complements my win 10 system.

I have an HDR tv and wanted to play Valorant
>inb4 rootkit
It's a pc for gaymen, idc, i have a linux thinkpad for sensitive