I currently have an iPhone but I've been wanting to drop it considering that Apple is shit. Is Pine Phone Pro worth it...

I currently have an iPhone but I've been wanting to drop it considering that Apple is shit. Is Pine Phone Pro worth it? Looks like an interesting phone to have.

Attached: PinePhonePro.jpg (800x450, 31.15K)

Other urls found in this thread:

madaidans-insecurities.github.io/linux-phones.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You have to understand that the actual hardware is pretty weak. As long as you're fine with that, go ahead.

>he fell for the iphone sucks meme

That doesn't sound promising.

No
The hardware is ok but there is no good linux distro for mobile
Get a pixel and install calyx os on it

The Pinephone is a hobbyist device for tinkering. If you want something different that is actually usable, consider a Pixel 6 w/ GrapheneOS.

Otherwise what this user said

it's basically a galaxy s2, it's very old and very outdated. there are a lot of interesting phones you can buy that don't offer the same kind of open source flexibility but will be extremely customizable to someone coming from ios to android, i haven't rooted a phone in years and haven't really found a need to because stock android isn't severely lacking in basic features like battery percentage and fullscreen like it was before version 4.0

Attached: axon m.jpg (2560x1442, 394.24K)

actually, i'm wrong, the pro is faster than a snapdragon 808 and i used a phone with an 808 up until a year ago. it was perfectly usable as long as you weren't using twitter, snapchat, facebook, or trying to play intense games. those apps are insanely bloated and otherwise just using the browser and third party apps was perfectly fine

>calyx os
Literally VPN’s your traffic through the ultimate glow-in-the-dark pi-hole, Riseup

It's not even close to being ready.
It is still very much an enthusiast/developer thing.
From the hardware side it's weak and the drivers are not even fully implemented for graphics
From a software side the gnu/linux mobile ecosystem is very early.
You can use waydroid but even then incompatibilities are huge.
I just recommend getting an android phone instead.

Muh security
madaidans-insecurities.github.io/linux-phones.html

Is this a good source for privacy information?
I often see various Linux distros being shilled on Any Forums

Iphones aren't shit, all phones are. You're expecting too much out of it. Get a gaming PC and you'll be far happier.

Deppends on how good you are with linux desktop and wether you are willing to sacrifice some apps that won't work.

Ironically on the software side the regular pp is better off than the pppro at this time. poo poo.

Dont switch unless you're really into freetardism. Its not ideal for daily use, battery life is especially terrible.

Loonix distros are mostly shilled in Any Forums because many fags here see the software they use as part of their identity and vehemently try to defend their side and demonize the other. Never take anything said here seriously.

i mean that's like midrange tier maybe bit lower but what do you need high specs in a phone for

>Incel IPS display.
Seems perfect for you OP.

i had the regular pinephone
its a piece of shit
unreliable, bad call quality and sometimes the sim card would randomly disconnect so people wouldn't even be able to call you
just get an android and wait a few more years

Ok that made me kek

>it's basically a galaxy s2
nah it's a bit better
it's like a 2015 galaxy a3 with a RAM bottleneck

no wait fuck I thought you were talking about the normal one not the pro.
the pro is fucking quick, its like a core 2 quad. GPU ain't half bad either, someone ran HL2 in box86 on it and it was playable

Im just gonna cop the Pixel phone