Newfag here, learning python as my first programming language

newfag here, learning python as my first programming language
is picrel a good resource? is python even a good language to start with?
for context:
taking community college courses, none in compsci yet. Planning to transfer to uni for compsci after taking care of gened classes. Honestly don't know shit about programming. I'm gen z and have had access to computers for all my life, so I'm not a complete dumbass, but I've been lurking for a few days, I have no idea what you guys are talking about half the time, I don't know what a shell is, or a kernel, or how to use git, or why people prefer linux/windows. I just decided to start learning python because I've heard it's the easiest programming language to start with, but if any of you have an argument as to why I should use a different language, let me know.
Also, just in general, how do I get into this field and eventually get to the point where I actually know what the hell is going on here?

Attached: 91brnfTTB9L.jpg (1937x2560, 514.59K)

>I'm gen z and have had access to computers for all my life
>so I'm not a complete dumbass
I don't follow your line of reasoning here. You stated
>I'm not a complete dumbass
but continued with
>I have no idea what you guys are talking about
Just take the nearest introductory programming course and go from there. How are you going to transfer with no major requirements anyways? They'll eat you alive.

python is really easy to learn but very difficult to master. Download python 3 and an ide like pycharm or use notepad++,

create a file hello.py
type:
print("Hello World!")

open a terminal and type: python3 hello.py
You should see:
Hello World!

I went through this book this year. Good resource.

no, start with c.

didn't want to go in detail and explain every piece of technology knowledge I have to prove that I'm not a dumbass. And I said "half the time," I understand a lot of the threads here, but there's also a lot that I don't understand.
I got that much down, I'm in chapter 3 of picrel, learning about defining functions. I was just checking to make sure it's a good source
nice
Is there any reason in particular for learning c over python as my first language? I've heard it's very difficult to learn

In order to effectively learn python, you need to install gentoo

yes python is fine and yes that book is fine. remember to live a little though... the anons here are cooked turbovirgins

Attached: 1639360256693.jpg (1920x1286, 626.5K)

also
>How are you going to transfer with no major requirements anyways?
It's my first semester, I have a cs class starting halfway through the semester. I'm not planning on transferring until I've done three or four semesters

c only looks difficult, after you learn all the rules it's fairly easy.
Don't use rust, it's reserved for homosexuals.

It's worth the $$$$. I used a few things from this book in my programs.

It’s a good book and one bonus is that it focuses on the main reason to use python in the first place: it’s large ecosystem of handy libraries to automate tasks.

I understand everything here and I was complete noob to code when i went to uni for compsci. The people here are retarded go to y combinator 's hackernews website if you want to fly with the greats. Although they are all insufferable.

After 12 years coding I recommend you learn the shit out of python. Find a niche in programming that you like. Solve your problems with programming.

One program I keep rewriting is one that auto-organizes my folders based on file type and file names.

there's no good resource. Try sentdex videos from YouTube. They're short and good enough to teach you the basics.
But, the hardest part of programming is if you do not apply that, you cannot learn anything. To apply what you learnt, you need to be extremely motivated to do your own hobby, or to work.
There are some fun things you can try if you're interested. For eg: finding the value of pi by Monte Carlo method, simulating Monty halls problem and so on. I found that book boring because the examples were too dry like parsing webpages and stuff. You can do everything with pandas in less lines.
Not really, python is easy to learn and master. JS is easy to learn and hard to master. CSS is neither easy to learn nor can be mastered.

Ask the trannies on reddit and discord. Unironically this is where you will get the most advice because the ppl r cucky and very into open sores philosophy. Gee is for memes not serious tech discussion

I read this one and it didn't work for me.
Learning python the hard way is where is at.

Why do you want to code?
If you want a job, I suggest you fo a few days of research on the job market in your area before you make a decision. You may be better off learning webdev if your goal is employment within a reasonable timeframe.

If you want to code as a hobby, then yes, your pic is an excellent resource.
For hobby coding, pick something that interests you, and dive right in. It will take some time for you to feel comfortable, but once the momentum builds up, you'll have a blast.

The author of Automate the Boring Stuff posted a video accompaniment to the course on his YouTube channel.

Google "libgen" to pirate any python eBook you could want

Check out 1337x.to for python tutorial courses. I'm using Pierian Data's bootcamp using Jupyter notebooks right now.

Attached: Screenshot from 2022-01-30 13-16-04.png (1360x768, 386.31K)

downloaded, reading through that now
I want a job eventually, but I still have years of education to go through before that. I don't really care about my area, I plan to move out of here as soon as possible anyways. For now it's a mix of both

I see. I suggest you have some fun with Python for now. Learn the basics, look through some tutorials, and build some cool shit.
Learning Python now, will help you learn anything else later on.

I think Python crash course is better. You can also take Angela yu's course on udemy. Obv buy it for when it's on discount.