For me, it's Haskell

For me, it's Haskell.

Attached: 1280px-Haskell-Logo.svg.png (1280x904, 18.45K)

Other urls found in this thread:

hoogle.haskell.org/
hoogle.haskell.org/?hoogle=GetOpt
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

For me, it's employment.

Let me know when you impliment getopts.

Based unemployed chad

If you didn't know, you can find everything Haskell at hoogle.haskell.org/
From there just look up a keyword such as "GetOpt". Here, I did it for you, friend: hoogle.haskell.org/?hoogle=GetOpt

WHat have you made with haskell?

Fizz buzz

I love Haskell but it is very much a toy language, one that I play around with but I don't try to do anything serious with. It is best delegated to where it is currently used - small tasks where fault tolerance and correctness are paramount, and in language research circles. It isn't really feasable to build big systems with, if you want something that is functional for that use Elixir (web backends), F# (desktop, enterprise logic) or Clojure (same as F#).

Cheers

Haskell is best for forcing you to use FP paradigms. Then you use that skillset and apply it to kitchen sink languages which are multi-paradigm

Half of its appeal lies in the typeclass system, which few other languages can match.
Do notation is also nice to have.

It's also the most taught functional language in universities. I'd imagine OP is taking their first programming language design course, or an intro to functional programming and are discovering Haskell for the first time.

Is Haskell good for games?

What kind of games?

My multiplayer open world procedurally generated survival crafting RPG of course

videogames

For me, it's num-pee.

Attached: EtfB9UgVcAAaP8w.png (680x306, 5.17K)

For me, its Julia

If you are seriously good at writing Haskell, and/or choose to code performance critical components in C/C++, then your game will run better than most of the shitters in that genre. Also check out Yampa.

Pic related made me look smart enough for a $100k/yr starting salary

Attached: index.png (1200x646, 56.34K)

And this

Attached: index(2).png (672x267, 40.98K)

Haskell cant bind to C++

Right, sorry just habit to write C++ with C