Hi Any Forums

Hi Any Forums

I've been starting collecting animes again on my pc and already got some stuff on plex, unfortunetly it doesnt recognize some basic animes, i'm trying to link it to myanimelist, but it seems some projects are old or abandoned, what is the best (?) way to have plex reach into an anime db to pull images and info from? is this a good approach? open to ideas

Here's the "best" one I found but idk if i should implement
github.com/Fribb/MyAnimeList.bundle

Pic related

Attached: file.png (1678x593, 781.16K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/jellyfin/jellyfin-plugin-anisearch
github.com/jellyfin/jellyfin-plugin-anidb
github.com/jellyfin/jellyfin-plugin-anilist
jellyfin.org/docs/general/server/media/shows.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Cringe op

who tf still watches captain tsubasa

its not captain tsubasa, its tsubasa chronicles, i always meant to watch it and see what it was about, theres something wrong with how it detects series

Attached: file.png (495x159, 6.27K)

plex is really really bad software. use jellyfin instead. these plugins scrape multiple databases:

github.com/jellyfin/jellyfin-plugin-anisearch
github.com/jellyfin/jellyfin-plugin-anidb
github.com/jellyfin/jellyfin-plugin-anilist

plex is awful because their core business model is constantly trying to get you to fork over your email and agree to some fine print. you don't need to do so to use plex, but they go out of their way to make it seem like you need to, in order to trick midwits into giving them free data to sell to advertising/tracking companies.

"Plex may share Collected Information as expressly set forth in this Privacy Policy, including the following limited situations: [...] With third parties to improve and deliver advertising to you on our behalf.

Plex may also use third-party advertising companies to serve ads, which may, directly or indirectly, collect or use information about user visits to websites and mobile app usage over time and across non-affiliated websites and mobile apps to display advertisements more tailored to users’ interests on this browser or device, and those browsers or devices associated with it."

use jellyfin

i knew i would find an anime expert, thanks brotha or sista, ill do some research on while i eat my toast bread

Plex likes things named using scene naming convention - something anime scene hates because it makes no sense for them.

Makes me laugh because CR also uses the anime piracy scene naming convention

For Jellyfin,
Is it a good practice to have Install folder and Data folder share the same path?

My brain is comparable to a jellyfish so it would be much appreciated, thanks

Attached: file.png (495x394, 14.36K)

100% agree. Jellyfin is pretty much feature complete at this point and rock stable. You can up a Jellyfin serveron a Raspberry Pi or whatever within seconds. Plex does nothing but add bloat with every update, is becoming more anti-consumer by the day, and if all you're doing is hosting a some video files why give up your soul for barely anything in return.

Tried it but the web interface and iOS app kinda suck ass.

doesn't matter. recommend install folder on SSD (database and log read/write performance) and data folder on HDD (more space)

dude i dont get it how to install those plugins, i just put the file on the plugin folder and thats it?

These come with Jellyfin automatically You just enable them in the plugins settings menu and then enable it in the libraries setting section

thank you so much dude! this is fantastic!
Only additional thing is that I had to follow to the letter this format jellyfin.org/docs/general/server/media/shows.html other than that it worked very well, this is exactly what i needed, its just gotta rename the files and stuff but its all good, love seeing the voice overs and descriptions and wallpapers and all that stuff, thanks again dude!!!!!!!!

pic related

Attached: file.png (1591x449, 809.68K)

Other option is to click in the menu, and match. But in the English title. Frequently that does it

Okay but does it support auto sdr to hdr tone mapping and full audio pass-through?

How can I stream from a jellyfin server to a phone/TV without it transcoding the video first? I want perfect quality. Thanks

Attached: 1642037043319.jpg (225x225, 7.07K)

use a player that can reproduce the codec of your files

My TV supports x264 but Jellyfin still transcodes the video first. It makes opening videos slow and reduces the quality.
Is there a setting or something that I have to enable?

yeah, you can set the config of a user so they arent allowed to transcode videos. i dont remember exactly where it was, but you have to go to the tab of user management > settings of the user > and unselect a checkbox that says something like "allow transcoding when ... "