Does anyone actually use a raspi as a desktop computer replacement or is this just wishful marketing?

Does anyone actually use a raspi as a desktop computer replacement or is this just wishful marketing?

After you add the cost of a storage drive, a monitor, ac adapters, mouse and a keyboard, you're reached price parity with a used optiplex.

Attached: Screenshot_20220130-135255-01.jpg (720x478, 118.23K)

The $100 optiplex costs 14 dollars in electricity a month. The picture uses pennies

I really tried but my cheap ass pentium 4 laptop outperforms it

Who gives a fuck about that other than third worlders? What an irrelevant comment.

An used wyse 5070 kills any shitberry and is still very power efficient

I used a pi 4 as a desktop for a few months. It's... usable, but I wouldn't recommend it. A lot of packages for Debian didn't have ARM ports (and some that did were broken). It was basically a necessity to use a 64 bit OS because 32 bit Raspbian was slow as shit. Got a $100 ThinkCentre after that and it's lightyears ahead in literally every aspect despite being 9 years old.

>Does anyone actually use a raspi as a desktop computer replacement or is this just wishful marketing?
it's nothing but marketing from retards for retards. rpi's ARM chips are consistently fucking garbage

Leftists do considering how much they seethe over muh power consumption.

>he can only talk about politics so he derails every thread into politic shitflinging

Attached: 1400974179836.jpg (537x620, 141.4K)

Why would i want to give the power jew all that extra money? Its inefficient and soi

Attached: 20220130_19h11m00s_grim.png (800x600, 106.75K)

i use one as a desktop (kali) but i use 8 computers on my desk...really like how easy it is to mount and forget about

pi's really are great, also amd is gay as fuck and is getting btfo by intel

it'll die before it even uses half its value in electrickery

it idles at like 25W.
are you paying $1 per kWh?

$0.25 per kWh, so close

that's $2/month if you run the optiplex for 10 hours a day

There are micro form factor memeplexes/thinkcentres that you can get for +/- $100 on ebay that idle at less than half of that. You lose the DVD drive and ability to install a GPU, but Pi couldn't do that to begin with.

These are more expensive because you aren't getting far with the stock 4GB/16GB config.

>he views life through foreign cartoon
I dislike Any Forumsposters but at least they don't pretend Any Forums is a "politics board"

Not so easy to hide a desktop

When you do simple processes like watch YouTube it bunps the power consumption up considerably

If you actually watched the OP video, you'd know that's not the case.

Now think about it for a moment: a single board pc is now more powerful than a high end multi-board computer system from the year 2007. Let that sink in for a moment.