I hate surface mount components

I hate surface mount components

Attached: Soldering_a_0805.jpg (4064x2704, 3.44M)

So? Everyone does.

>I hate surface mount components

Attached: 1621356897110.jpg (1080x1297, 366.56K)

I love surface mount. If you weren't a skill-less loser, you would know that SMD components are way easier to deal with compared to THT for both soldering and desoldering.

Meh. I've dealt with these using a normal soldering iron and tweezers. They're a lot less convenient to work with than through-hole parts, but they're not that hard.

I used to hate smd, now I hate all electronics, cause I can't see shit anymore. Even on a breadboard I need to use a magnifying glass

apply paste with template
put the components down
put the board on the hot plate
wait 20 seconds
take the board off

>a lot less convenient to work with than through-hole parts,
Yeah, no.

>put the board on the hot plate
>components on the other side fall off
>careful not to dislodge anything else on this side while the solder's all melted
>remember to preheat the whole board so it isn't damaged from the spot heat
Vs
>hurb durb touch iron pull component gently with small pliers

>>components on the other side fall off
What's a surface tension?
>>careful not to dislodge anything else on this side while the solder's all melted
What's a not being shaky hands alcoholic?
>>remember to preheat the whole board so it isn't damaged from the spot heat
never happened

Still a massive pain in the ass compared to the simplicity of through hole, tard

You're just bad. Even just placing a single resistor is way easier. You just place it down with tweezers and tap with an iron. And then straight to the next part, no need to swap tools even. Instead of threading the needle, rotating the board every time, switching to snips every time, having to get rid of the snipped leads every time.

guys it depends on the component

>not putting all your through hole shit in and bending the leads, then flipping the board when done to do all the soldering and then do all the snipping

Completely agree. Non of this glue shit, it's Auto Component Insertion all the way for me baby.

>he doesn't own a cheap hot-air rework station
ngmi

i like SMT components ;)

Due to egoistical greed or for other reasons?

I love smt and solder paste. Get a fucking hot air station.

I've been soldering them for 15 years. I have a $1000 soldering iron and I use the paste with the little balls for very small shit.

this, it took the same amount of time desoldering 10 SMDs and desoldering 1 THT capacitor