M1 MacBook air bought new 10 months ago. Does the read/write usage seem a bit high?

m1 MacBook air bought new 10 months ago. Does the read/write usage seem a bit high?

Attached: Screen Shot 2022-01-30 at 2.54.42 PM.png (1574x744, 432.44K)

If you just browse the web, play games and use an office suite, then yes, that is absolutely fucked.

Yeah all I do is use the web browser, torrent, vlc. How much longer do I have left before I can expect it fail?

>Does the read/write usage seem a bit high?
it's way too high, but this seems to be normal with all m1 macs.

Assuming you don't download literally dozens of TB worth of media every month, it's just Apple fucking your SSD in the ass so you'll have to buy a replacement earlier.
Figure out the specific model of SSD you have, find the TBW (total bytes written) it is rated for. It will probably last at least that far, likely even a bit more.

Thanks. I’m downloading like one anime series per month and that’s it. Having a hard time finding what SSD

that is absolutely fucking retarded, holy shit

8gb model?

That's higher than mine, but it looks like you're pushing a lot of data through it. An anime series a month is a reasonably large chunk of data. Torrenting is tough on an SSD. How much ram did you spring for?

8gb 250gb base model l

Probably had to do with that thing of advocating ssd space as ram

>a month power up time total
>soldered SSD already shitting itself
lol

The SSD is soldered to the mainboard
You bought trash. 8GB is not enough these days especially with fagOS. It's swapping RAM to the SSD which produces lots of writes.

I realized after buying, that, with m1, 8gb wouldn’t be enough even for web browsing. I also realized how much of a detriment having no upgradable insides (esp. w/ high read/write), no ports, no linux support. I will concede, while screen, build, keyboard, and trackpad are nice, this sucks. I was less informed then and was memed into buying it by techtubers.

ITODDLERS BTFO

Attached: notch.jpg (1240x730, 143.11K)

>r/w 100TB
>SSD gets fucked
lmao meme tech

>pajeet book """""""""""build quality"""""""""""""
>2009-2010
>defective "fake" unibody design causes screen bezel to crack and fall apart by itself after 2 years of normal open/close
>2011
>screen held on to chassis with glue and melts and falls off because the heat exhaust blows 100°C hot air onto it
>2012
>GPU kills itself because of defective soldering and overheating
>2013
>magically no major show stopping defects
>still tons of small defects and proprietary SSDs from this point on
>still an overheating turd like all apple throttlebooks
>2014-2015
>massive CPU/GPU overheating and component failure
>2016-2020
>massive overheating and throttling issues
>soldered components make upgrading and data recovery impossible
>screens so fragile that a sticker over the webcam cracks the screen when closed
>keyboard guaranteed to fail in less than 2 months unless you live in the vacuum of space
>2021+
>keyboards are still failing albeit at lower rate
>pajeetOS rapes the onboard soldered SSD like a cheap viet ladyboy 24/7 even with 16GB RAM
>8GB RAM pajeet book lifespan for SSDs even more grim
>screens are cheap shit glass that crack from simple temperature change in seasons
>miniLED screens are utter shit and have massive bloom defects that make fucking everything glow like CIA niggers

iNiggers have the memory of goldfishes. There's no other explanation why they would continuously defend the steaming pajeet shit apploo sharts down their throats

Attached: 1641594693898.jpg (487x362, 24.01K)

Everything else in the $899 w/ student pricing has a fucking sub 1080p shitty ugly panel, a shitty plastic build, cheap flexing keyboard, dinky plastic trackpad, and shitty tin speakers. If not that then it’s just a shitty “ultra book” second rate MacBook clone like the surface laptop or dell xps. I know the read/write SSD wear, lack of portage, and soldered bs sucks, but please point me in the direction of a non-plastic trash machine for a similar price, retarded copypasta cancer. And no, I won’t sift through thrift shops for the off chance of finding a decade old piece of black and red chink hardware.

>iNigger is so stupid he can't figure out how to use a search engine to shop for a computer
>justifies paying $1000 for the lowest grade most unreliable heap of pajeet shit on the market personally shat out of tim cucks asshole

Attached: 1641883137984.jpg (259x194, 6.12K)

Oh cool, then point me in the direction of one (1) literally a single ONE you shittposting faggot. I implore you or anyone on Any Forums to do so.

We get it you're poor, no need to stress the fact you can't buy a new laptop each time your fat fingers break the board...