Is it mental illness?

Is it mental illness?

Attached: casey-muratori.jpg (314x314, 75.62K)

Yeah he went C-nile.

>8 years

Attached: 1439724309760.jpg (261x188, 9.4K)

Compared to my colleagues he's way more neurotypical.

>using newspeak
dilate, trash faggot

Then what do you say? It's the most clear word I can think of.

>gets patreon bux to go full bike reinventing cnile winapi fag for a 2d game engine

I'd say its basedness, guy basically turned a hobby tier project in to a source of additional income.

However his smugness in extracting performance when writing an application specific engine is a bit over the top, writing a general purpose engine would make the gains nil

Only the finest vulgarity can be uttered here sir.

no. he's generally right and if you actually care about quality work you'd be as pissed off as him as well

Level-headed, normal.

>However his smugness in extracting performance when writing an application specific engine is a bit over the top, writing a general purpose engine would make the gains nil
Isn't the entire point to teach you how to make an optimal application specific...application. General purpose engines like Unreal already exist for anyone to use. But not many people know how to make their own from scratch, or at least individual parts they may want to use themselves for other things.

>Teach you

Literally nobody is going to watch the 20000 hours of him doing this and his explanations aren't good anyway and it's impossible to follow what he's doing on screen with his code

I'm pretty sure most people are just using the catalog and picking the parts they need when they need them. How to do graphics, how to do audio, how to optimize X, etc.
Regardless, I'm sure the patrons are in fact watching the whole thing. Looking at it in total seems like a lot but they're only around an hour each. That's not really daunting if it's weekly or more.

He's not that level-headed.
And normal isn't specific at all.

>not a faggot
used in a sentence
>Compared to my colleagues he's way more not a faggot.

working on it 2 hours per week

does he realize that someone could make whatever he's making in 1 week that's been taking him 8 years?

He thinks we should make all dangerous animals extinct so earth would be safer. He is mentally ill.

He's honestly based.

Sounds like typical central-planning libshit thinking. Which is more common than not. Is the entire planet mentally ill, user?

>Is the entire planet mentally ill
Yes.

normal.

>That's not really daunting
He has like 600 hours worth of content

Based.

If it's a dog whistle, then based. Else, we already do that, or it's impossible to do that even if everyone made it priority number 1 (outside of animals larger than cats.).

Here's the thing: I don't care about the "quality of my work". I'm an engineer. As long as the test suite passes and the customers are happy, I don't care. I like programming because I get to be high-impact, not because I like to circle jerk on what the "best code" looks like.

Do you think any of these AAA games have nice codebases? They all have ugly warts and that's because product delivery matters more than internal state.