Where data goes to die

Where data goes to die

Attached: shit.png (1053x1053, 53.7K)

fuck you i work there

Still not buying wd shit

If you are Linus then sure.

ngl linus is a retard for relying on a seagates. He of all people should know full well they have higher failure rates than literally every other brand of drive.

i think those drives are sponsored

Categorically untrue. Backblaze used consumer external hard drives in their datacenter because they were cheap and didn't want to pay the market price for datacenter tier drives and were surprised to see a higher failure rate.

He only had 2 drives out of like 150 die. There wouldn't have been any problem if he had scrubbed the data regularly, but he's a retard and probably didn't even care. Losing everything gave him an excuse to make a video so he can shill TunnelBear more.

works in my machine

What relying you retard? He's a fucking shill. He just the drives from Seagate for free. He deserve losing data. Linus milked those videos with the drives and servers like crazy.

Sorry WD shill, I'm still not buying your hot, screaming, overpriced drives.
You can now proceed to vomit your years-out-of-date Backblaze figures at me. Note it will have no effect either - but you'll still do it.

i have no problem with Seagate and WD. what's the matter

In recent years WD has made its drives shittier and undermined the integrity of most of their blues for NAS use, I assume that is what you're referring to. Other drives becoming shittier does not excuse how terrible Seagate has *always* been. Read any hdd comparison on tomshardware and you'll see them on the bottom, every time. They're cheaper because they cut corners on the reader heads.

All hard drives are shit but Shitgates have a soft spot for premature PCB failures

Doesn't matter how many drives died. Clearly he fucked up by having some shitty setup. Those retards don't even have time to at least monitor the drives in case some of them die, he has people there but when you are so focused on shilling you forget to do maintenance.

why did WD stop doing 5 year warranties?

The matter is that here you have to support and olny , because is good and is not (ᵉᵛᵉn ᶦᶠ ᵗʰᵃᵗ ᶦˢn'ᵗ ᵗʰᵉ ᶜᵃˢᵉ), okay!?

Good morning sir!

>b-but WD!
Just buy a HGST brand and you’re fine

Its not only that, he had power issues and never FUCKING MADE SURE SHIT SHUT DOWN GRACEFULLY
like for fuck sake is he retarded.

everyone did after the floods/hurricanes/whatever it was that fucked the manufacture up a number of years ago, the drives are for the most part just as reliable as ever, but now they dont have to cover outliers.