What's bad about this?

what's bad about this?

Attached: palemoon.png (300x256, 45.02K)

I don't know. Furry devs but then again the most based people I've met are usually furries.

Terrible fork of a terrible browser. But the best browser to install in a decade old toaster.

dev drama / retardation
slow on big / bloat sites
despite that its my favorite browser anyway

it's not that great of a browser

why?

>dev drama
elaborate?

Wont play twitch

Why they're furries? Don't know, its their thing I guess.

>dev drama
Some dude was making a BSD port of it. Devs peepee'd and poopoo'd in their pants and bothered the port man until he decided it wasn't worth bothering with these devs and cancelled the project. Pretty much everyone who watched it go down agreed the devs were retarded, but I don't think many people know.

There may be more examples, but this is the main one I know about.

It runs like a 1965 Lada. I used it for about 5 months because I was committed to breaking free from Firefox and won't run anything written by Google. I simply couldn't do it anymore. Sites that load instantly in every other browser take 10+ seconds. Loading simple shit like a photo gallery on a real estate listing site would torque my CPU to ~25% while it never goes over 5% on any other browser. Looking up an address on Google or Apple maps would torque my CPU to ~50% and take 10-15 seconds to load in the map, and again when zooming in or out. It's unbearable. I ended up switching to Epiphany. It crashes way more often, but at least the fucking web is actually usable. Unfortunately we're all getting subsumed by the borg eventually. Chromium is the only game in town once Google buys enough politicians to not have to worry about antitrust and finally cuts trannyfox loose.

And then they did it again with the Slackware build and later again with the MyPal fork.

And that's a good thing!

>no sandbox
>single threaded
>bad performance on modern hardware
>does not work on modern webapps
It's just useless

they're very hard set on their "vision"
and arent exactly open to other ideas as a result
for a long time they were getting picky over their extension ecosystem
wanted to break away from the traditional firefox set up the browser inherited as a consequence of being a fork
which was a disaster since for most people using the browser using deprecated add ons was a selling point
this got better recently in the form of a poll and the main dev bending the knee
the other (more autistic dev; tobin) was incredibly pissed off and cried on the forums about it
blacklisted a few extensions in the past over what practically amounts to ideology (for what its worth this can be bypassed)
they're also very heavy handed with their licensing and will get incredibly upset if you fuck it up when you fork their shit
i use it because i want old firefox/xul and its the only functioning browser that is actually independant from google/mozilla/apple
another option is waterfox classic but its not maintained as well as pale moon and waterfox was bought by an ad company

because stone cold said so

I don't like that Pale Moon isn't multithreaded. I could live with that. Alright, I'll give it a try.

nothing.
pale moon is perfect. it need no "improvement".
its the modern web that is shit, not the browser.
pale moon is like an ad blocker, only it helps me filter out bloated garbage sites, not ads.

personally though, i prefer using seamonkey or mypal, because those are even more archaic.

Since you don't seem to appreciate Google (and maybe Apple?), there is an alternative to Google map and Apple map you may not know, OpenStreetMap.

based

>Slackware build
no way, why would they give a shit about an install script?

i dont remember exactly what happened but i know they have flags to remove official branding
people forgetting to do that tidbit of autism is what normally happens to the forks

>devs block a few extensions they don't like
>they are autistic with a few distro maintainers and forks
>its slow on youtube
That's about it i think.

retarded developer who likes dog cock and dmcaing people for no fucking reason other than "MY BROWSER MY WORK THAT WAS ACTUALLY DONE BY MOZILLA DEVELOPERS 20 YEARS AGO!!!"

slow

Thank you, I do use OSM on my phone, but often when I'm at my PC I will simply open a tab and type in an address, and my search provider by default uses Apple Maps. I really should get into the habit of using something else.

>elaborate?
They just aren't very good so they spend most of their time whoring for attention on social media and their forums. They do not have the skills to develop the browser beyond what they originally forked off from Mozilla. That's why their changes just amount to small patches for compatibility and blocking add-ons they don't like. They will never be able to make it truly multithreaded or keep up with Google's daily changes to the web standards. In a few years it won't be able to render most of the clearweb. It's already falling behind and can't render shit like twitch, youtube, gmail, and other mainstream cancer. People that use it cope by saying they don't need that stuff. But almost all of them keep Chrome or Firefox installed to work around that problem.

I really wanted to like Palemoon but it's obvious it's going no where. This wouldn't be an issue if people were allowed to fork it. In practice no one can fork it because the developers send DMCA notices. They intentionally broke support for Windows XP and got every fork that maintained that support deplatformed. They take to social media to cry about how they're being oppressed every time someone attempts to make a new fork. Even though they didn't develop the browser themselves and the majority of the code was taken from the mozilla project.

It is basically a dead project with no real improvements coming. The devs spend all their time circlejerking on a discord server somewhere. They are basically just LARPers. I've seen a lot of wannabe programmers manage to obtain "dev" status for big projects over the years. All of them cause a bunch of drama and the project dies. There is no way to save Palemoon I'm afraid.

If you wanted to try you'd be better off starting from scratch or forking later versions of Mozilla's code and unfucking it. It would be a monumental project to take on. There are no real web standards anymore so you'd be constantly playing catch-up to Chrome.

Attached: windowsce.jpg (500x517, 123.19K)

I thought this fork died a long time ago, next someone is going to tell me they're using Waterfox

>It's already falling behind and can't render shit like twitch, youtube, gmail, and other mainstream cancer. People that use it cope by saying they don't need that stuff. But almost all of them keep Chrome or Firefox installed to work around that problem.
By the way this is a huge problem because pajeets are using frameworks now. No one is developing webpages as HTML first. So more and more websites become incompatible with old versions of Mozilla's browser engine everyday. The Palemoon devs can't into javascript and C. They're very incompetent at programming. The only reason their browser even gained popularity initially was due to it being the first stable fork back when Mozilla started to go full retard. Not much has changed in the code since the initial release. They've just been doing some one-liners here and there to fix minor issues. I'm convinced none of them understand the entire code base.

>i dont remember exactly what happened but i know they have flags to remove official branding
>people forgetting to do that tidbit of autism is what normally happens to the forks
It goes way beyond that with Palemoon. They use this as an excuse to DMCA forks but they straight up attack any fork. They'll falsely accuse you of using their branding even if you aren't. They shut down the XP fork just because they didn't agree with the software being able to run on that OS.

These are not decent people. They took something thousands of people have contributed to over the years and tried to claim it as their own work. If they really believed in free software they would be happy to see it being forked. Instead they try to act like a woke FAGMAN company.

These two fags spend 12-16 hours everyday just looking for new forks or repos they can DMCA. When they aren't busy doing that they're crying on their forums about how their work isn't being appreciated and how they're literally being raped by people through the internet.

that's how do you cope incompetent developers who can't make a browser