Software engineering, and especially “web development”, are trivially easy

I have a Bachelors of Science in Mechanical Engineering, I taught myself the basics of programming in a few months and developed a few basic projects and was able to land a “software engineer” position.

Here is what I have discovered:
1. Software “engineers” are laughably stupid compared to my former engineering colleagues, probably a standard deviation or more below the MEs and EEs I worked with. They do not understand much of anything, if you do a “by age” compassion (30 yo SE vs 30 yo ME) it’s like talking to a child vs an 18th century polymath. Software engineers do not know jack shit about anything but lame consumer brand war bullshit that pertains to the latest computer hardware, their experience with “real engineering” is arduinos and 3d printers.

2. The complexity of my job is now orders of magnitude lower. I had to think about a problem from all angles back when I worked as a mechanical engineer, I would need to scrutinize every single decision from the perspective of how it was made, where it was made, how it would be transported, how it would be assembled, how it would be used, I would have to think through every conceivable failure mode and develop calculations to accurately estimate the fatigue life of the part under certain conditions, I had to think from an economic perspective about whether certain decisions made sense and at what production quantity they no longer made sense. My current job is a walk in the park and I’m light years ahead of my coworkers in terms of seeing the wider picture of our actions.

It’s laughable to call what software engineers do in a daily basis “engineering”, it’s truly laughable. If all you’ve ever experienced is “software engineering” I want you to be informed you don’t understand what real engineering is. Why this career field pays more than traditional engineering is beyond me, but you better hope those guys don’t find out how easy this shit is because they will replace you worthless retards in a heartbeat.

Attached: 1EA1EE48-BEB4-4B79-AD2D-9C43C06F1BDA.png (512x512, 209.12K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/4tYoVx0QoN0
linkedin.com/in/benawad
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Fartnite Twink does balls deep Anal dick suck to prolapse unitl the whole place smells like butthole 16 min

A car mechanic has a wider breadth of knowledge than a software engineer autist. You can't copy and paste working transmission on a 30+ year old truck.

this exact post but with a chemical engineering degree

Sure pal

Attached: 031.jpg (680x567, 50.85K)

Correct. Congratulations on using your high IQ to finally figure out what everyone else already knew.

and yet here you are, web shitting with the rest of us

you know what's easy?
your mom.

I have I degree in mechatronics. Yes development is easy. Yes I do it since I work from home at max 4 hours a day and the rest I do whatever I want. I get paid more than a real engineer. Why should I want to have a hard job? A job it's not my life.

Ok thanks for letting me know

Post a link to your source repo, let's see these amazing projects :^)

> Post a link to your source repo, let's see these amazing projects :^)

Attached: DB1B556C-A596-40CF-9316-6079FC44AB8E.jpg (600x655, 32.3K)

>it's another engineer cuck seething about muh non certified use of the word "engineer"

>I have a Bachelors of Science in Mechanical Engineering
post photo of cert and timestamp
> all that text, nothing to be gained
imagine calling yourself a "mechanical engineer" but you're wasting time on projects that mentally disabled cripples can complete within an hour? absolutely embarrasing. you're not only lightyears behind the rest of the world, you're so far behind us that light from earth won't reach you for another 100 years. what a fucking dumb cunt.

>or can you?
jokes on him, his ass is about to be prolapsed with all of his butthurt with the industry. It's a financial market powered ~1T$ steam locomotive.
It's not about quality since lisp machines, it's about meeting deadlines with shitty solutions and locking the client in shady deals, choo-choo.

/unsubscribe

You can't copy paste much of anything into 30 year old code let alone 20 let alone 5. Shit changes so fast and oftentimes things have to remain stuck in an older version to maintain some now obsolete feature.

You also can totally order in a scrapped/rebuilt/cloned transmission and put it in, most even come with a warranty.

have sex

implying the webshit is factually more complex than OP believes? Or are you attacking OP as a person?

install gentoo

no shit this is an open secret
if you want an actual computer engineer, look for a hardware engineer or a legitimate computer scientist
software engineer is a nice way of saying "code monkey"

I have a Physics degree and doing a MSc in CS and got filtered by leetcode. Not so much filtered as in I can't understand any of it but I move like molasses and don't want to put in the time to get efficient at it. Ended up looking at data science positions and starting in August at a firm that is adding cryptocurrency functionality and I get to be on the comfy data engineering team. Thank you Spark and Python.

this but unironically. All the engineering fags i worked with in my compiler classes were kinda retarded.

How much money are you making?

>basics of programming in a few months
actually takes a few weeks. good that you have drive but a few months is way too long.

Attached: bruh legolas.jpg (254x331, 41.1K)

I design and maintain high-reliability industrial systems. I was recently taken on as a consultant for a project running a couple of custom UI computers for a production line in a factory, and I had to deal with web devs.

>Arrive at site
>Notice that the UI runs as a web page
>Every now and then a system pop-up appears, prompting the user if the cookies should be deleted, restarting the browser session if no input is given
>Bring this horrible behaviour up with software dev
>"Oh it's just so the session restarts when the JS hangs"
>"WHEN the JS hangs"
>They had knowingly designed the system so that any error would hang the script forever on an error screen
>This was seen as normal and acceptable practise
>Devs got mad when I reworked the specification for the project to verbosely specify that code crashing was not acceptable behaviour

I had to verbosely specify that their code should not be designed to crash. Is this kindergarten?

based engineeringfag

join a innovative startup once you get some experience, you got the drive and smarts, and your kind goes there.

Attached: good job chad.png (602x666, 604.99K)

Agreed. I honestly don’t know how engineering students ever got anything done, seeing as they spent majority of their time trying to explain to people that they were “engineers”. I work with mech and electrical engineers every day, and to be honest a lot of them are pretty fucking shit. At the end of the day, who gives a fuck, every industry and every profession has shit cunts, if you’re not retarded you could do any job you want.

I physically cringe when I see softwaresois like this trying to solve these absolutely trivial problems without thinking through the what they’re actually doing first. It’s like they forget that they’re simply giving a computer a set of directions, they use a syntax first approach instead of just sounding the problem out and then trying to apply the correct tools. They do it backwards.

youtu.be/4tYoVx0QoN0

Alright. Yeah, sure.
Show us your code.

nice, but check these

Attached: 1622165701987.png (194x267, 52.38K)

>webshit is trivial and full of monkeys
>monkeys get "Software Engineer" as a job title
>monkeys are monkeys
no shit retard, I'm studying SE at uni because I had the opportunity to do webshit before but I despise it
Have fun with your shitty job

You well paid?

linkedin.com/in/benawad
Education
The University of Texas at Dallas
Bachelor's degreeComputer Science4.0

>1 hour to solve a medium-easy leetcode
>he literally created a function with if cond: return True else False instead of returning cond
>wants to check only rows first and last and columns first and last but instead loops over whole matrix and checks if the cell is a border cell
>4.0 GPA

american education lmao

So, no code then, OP? Didn't think so

Attached: 1640316170701.jpg (474x354, 41.12K)

nicely done user, OP btfo'd

qrd?

Only reasonable response in this entire thread

There are real software engineers who are actually smart, but you will never meet them. What you haven't yet realised is that there is a very broad spectrum of difficulty and complexity amongst tasks which require the use of code. Normies lump it all under the same banner and call even those who undertake the most menial of these tasks "engineers". It frustrates me because the vast majority of programming work done today resides at this surface level difficulty that can be accomplished by cross-fielders, bootcampers and other rabble who tarnish the title of "software engineer". I can tell you from taking engineering subjects and interacting with engineering students at my uni that I could shit on the majority of engineering programs, the very easiest of which I consider to be mechE. You would be hard pressed to do so well in advanced CS courses.