What’s the point of using android if

What’s the point of using android if
>stock ROM is filled with bloatware to the brim
>candy crush and facebook preinstalled and cannot be removed, only disabled
>your mileage may vary with third party ROMs, most are maintained by pajeets
>you can’t use banking apps after rooting so you need to use something like magisk some rando maintains with zero guarantees he won’t push a keylogger
>using third party ROM also means that anything can randomly break, from wifi connectivity to ambient light sensor everything is possible
>there is no good browser, all of them feel janky as fuck compared to safari (it had content blocker support since forever btw)
>all the other apps feel janky as fuck as well because they are targeted for the common denominator (samshit) and usually devs slap a lipstick on chrome webview and push that garbage as app
>this means nothing is optimized for hardware with massive performance penalties
>using a system wide adblocker entails a %10 hit on battery life
>dns66 breaks 3/4th the time
>play store is infested with malware
>all the stock and third party camera apps are dogshit
>third party foss apps are unpolished utter garbage
I don’t get how you guys live like this

Attached: AD004AB8-700B-412A-BD25-77B703C9F709.jpg (474x585, 54.56K)

Your problem is you're thinking of phones as computers. You need to start thinking of phones as multitools.

root and `rm -f` whatever bothers you w/ adb. take backups of all the partitions (again, adb) incase you fuck things up
android is linux, and linux lets you do things like this without being an uber leet kernel hacker, unlike windows

No I’m thinking that android phones are bad at both being a computer and a phone.

>root and `rm -f` whatever bothers you w/ adb. take backups of all the partitions (again, adb) incase you fuck things up
nobody should need to get root access to remove cancerous apps from any device that they own, because said app developers PAID handset OEMs to install their cancer at the factory.
your problem is that you're a brain damaged negro that sucks jewish cocks.

i dont need "banking apps" on my phone, zoom.

remove google play tools, put on custom rom, use it for calls, texts, and occasional web browser. anything else on a phone is stupid, use a real computer.

> apple filename
speaking of cancer, quite a lot preinstalled in iOS too that you can't remove at all, even with root. itoddlers have it even worse.

>stock ROM is filled with bloatware to the brim
Don't use a phone with a shitty stock ROM.
>candy crush and facebook preinstalled and cannot be removed, only disabled
My phone didn't come with either of these.
Just use Lineage.
>you can’t use banking apps after rooting so you need to use something like magisk some rando maintains with zero guarantees he won’t push a keylogger
I have no problem with either my Discover or CapitalOne apps, and I'm not even hiding root from them.
>using third party ROM also means that anything can randomly break, from wifi connectivity to ambient light sensor everything is possible
Get a better phone.
>there is no good browser, all of them feel janky as fuck compared to safari (it had content blocker support since forever btw)
Mobile Firefox. Yes, unironically.
>all the other apps feel janky as fuck as well because they are targeted for the common denominator (samshit) and usually devs slap a lipstick on chrome webview and push that garbage as app
Stop downloading shitty apps.
>this means nothing is optimized for hardware with massive performance penalties
Hardware is fast enough that optimization is usually not a problem.
Still lasts long enough for me.
>dns66 breaks 3/4th the time
Huh?
Use common sense. Or maybe don't use the play store to get your applications.
I dunno man. I push the button, it takes a picture. Seems like it works just fine.
I've been using abandoned FOSS apps and they work just fine.

You need root access on Windows or Linux to remove a lot of applications. Why shouldn't your phone be the same? You have a root account on all of your devices, don't you, user?

Reddit response

yeah, smartphones really fucking suck
i wish they could be functional umpcs but aside from whatsapp everything sucks massive dick
why isnt there an android lite version with 0 bloat that lets you do your banking, messaging, clock utilities and phone calling without all the other useless shit

>>stock ROM is filled with bloatware to the brim
install a custo rom
just choose a good one. I did it just works 3 years later
>you can’t use banking apps after rooting
imagine being american
find a rom that works and don't update it, stable for 3 years here
>there is no good browser
it's a phone with a fucking touchscreen. it will be shit no matter what
>>all the other apps feel janky as fuck
same as above
doesn't matter for the simple things these apps do
root and use hosts file changing-adaway
idk about this you would have to be truly retarded and looking for it at the same time to download malware from fucking playstore
this is true. It's unfortunate but you get what you pay for. I don't need such quality anyway.
they always are even on pc

Basically it's 10x cheaper and i can copy my movie on it, my music on it, use it as an usb, not pay for apps. I like android

You either use a phone or you die alone and miserable. Also iPhone is the same and worse.

How is that a Reddit response? Not that guy btw

So what phone do you use?

Not to mention you need 8gb of RAM to accomplish the same task on Android that iOS uses 2gb for...

Acting bossy and self-righteous is a common redditor strategy for farming upvoats

We really do need a third contender whether it's a decently sourced specced open source Linux phone, windows mobile device etc. I like the iphone but it's getting stagnent because Android isn't a competitor. It's barely passable as an os.

Lel

Right question. He won't respond

phone werks
text werks
banking werks
music werks
podcast werks

simple as, you don't need more

Basically this entire thread is a bunch of phonekids in denial about all phones being absolute fucking shit and a privacy nightmare.
Throw your fucking phones away, kids. This is the only real solution. No amount of custom software and other bullshit is going to change the fact that the firmware and hardware (cell tower triangulation -- no, this isn't GPS, this is the fucking signal being sent for your goddamn phone to work in the first place) are spying on you.

android is only a toy OS
install luckypatcher, install games
done.
that's all it's ever good at.

You can buy a bunch of different unique android phones with features suitable to your needs, such as multiple screens, headphone jacks, physical buttons, removable batteries, user-replaceable parts, SD cards, etc.

I can customize my homescreen, have all my stocks up there. I can have Yandex launcher so the russians can track me while I scroll through a feed of curated clickbait on Zen.

My headphone jack allows me to listen to music on autism headphones. I could never imagine downgrading to apple. Don't even know how people use phones without a back button, extra programmable side button, and the ability to pirate any .apk for free and never pay for apps.

Better than having one shit phone with less features, a higher pricetag, and a fisher-price user interface.

>leave phone at home
>do crime
>alibi "I was at home"
>checks out

Simple as.

shitty bait thread.

Cops aren't that fucking stupid, kid.
Meanwhile you probably searched for "how to commit crime" on your fucking phone and even if you used goddamn proxies or whatever your phone still knows what you fucking did.

>build highly advanced general purpose computer with lightspeed interconnectivity
>gimp it so it doesn't work
I hate people other than me

Yeah and none of them come with iOS. Sorry kid.

>Yeah and none of them come with iOS
Good.

not him but sony xperia phones match what he just described

This shit never made sense to me. Why are people so willing to defend phones in their current hobbled state, when it would be so easy for them to be so much more? It's not like being useful general purpose computers would prevent them from being as useful as they currently are at taking photos, playing music, and sending texts.

Because no matter what, I would rather use my PC with a 4k 120hz display, rtx 2060, Ryzen 3700 over my 7" touchscreen.

Well yes, but nobody said you can't have a desktop as well. Obviously you won't be stuffing that system in your pocket and taking it anywhere, but that doesn't mean the computer you do stuff in your pocket should be arbitrarily less useful.

>spyware
I don't even use Android
>no apps
On Android? You're joking, right?
>green bubbles
bullshit meme
>not getting laid
bullshit meme

It's not though. I don't get why you haven't figured that out. Everything you think you need Android for, you simply don't. When I used to use Android I would root it so I can do everything ios does out of the box. I don't care about not changing launchers because it didn't matter all that much to me. iOS just does everything I wished Android would. Bloat free, spyware free, adblocking systemwide, device backups to my PC, etc. It's a phone that can take pictures. I prefer my DSLR. Everything phones do, other things do better. So why force it to try doing more things shittier? I learned that and my life got a whole lot more simple and easier to maintain.

>Everything you think you need Android for, you simply don't.
And why?
I don't care about your iOS advertisement. As it stands I have to carry around both my phone and a laptop, and I really rather would not. If my phone was as versatile as my laptop, which it easily could be, that would be of great value to me.

Get a toilet currynigger.

Attached: 1640769310251.jpg (643x960, 237.98K)

how would you do any serious work with a 7" screen which shares its space with a virtual keyboard user? get real

My laptop has an 8" screen, and I'm perfectly productive. Now, a touch keyboard would be an issue, but I'd be fine with a slider or a Pinephone keyboard type setup.

actually i thought about it for a second and i figured you could use a foldable keyboard for maximum portability but i replied to soon
still though i cant imagine doing spreadhseets on a 7" screen

No you really wouldn't. Go ahead and try, I'm not going to care what you do. I'm not advertising ios. It just happens to fit my lifestyle. Since I have to carry lots of gear already, Android really got in my way more often then it should. You do you though. Switching to the iPhone 7+ after being an Android fanboy for years switched my perspective. I accepted that it wasn't a pocket computer in the sense my laptop and desktop were. It was a phone that was also a pda. It did more things and let me accomplish a lot. The applications were more developed. Last year I switched back to the s21 ultra. I hated every minute of it. Android is such a mess. Settings are all over the place. 2 apps for everything that you can't remove. Apps forced installed like Samsung versions of everything and Google versions of everything. Updates came from Samsung store and play store. All the apps had bugs. No adblocking. And for what? What did I gain? The ability to sideload a virus ridden app? Playing webms? None of that matters to me in the slightest. Phones really suck as pocket computers. Cramped. Bullshit touch ui. At least iOS is fluid and works. Android is hacky and janky.

>No you really wouldn't. Go ahead and try
I already have, and do, and it works great. I also don't give a shit about your Android Derangement Syndrome, I haven't brought it up once, I just want phones to be more versatile and flexible. Both iOS and Android are disappointingly locked down, and because of that I rarely use my phone for anything other than the occasional scheduled phone call.

>Phones really suck as pocket computers.
yeah, so what if they didn't?
you fucking retard.

>I just want phones to be more versatile and flexible
They aren't and never will be. iOS does more to cater to the end user. You can beat your chest in protest all you want but, it's never going to happen chief. You can use your shitty buggy roms all you want or you can accept reality. There was a time I was without a phone and I didn't miss it in the slightest. I need it for my job now. It's a nice to have but most of the time at home, it's on mute, sitting on its charger in my kitchen away from me. I don't want to be contacted when I'm at home. But when I'm at work, I want to use what everyone else uses for the sake of working together. Being the odd man out is the fastest way to being fired. My wife and kids all use iOS. I fought it for so long. Then I gave in. It's really really good. You can use a keyboard with it if you desire.

Problem is, they do. I don't live in lala land where hopes and dreams pay my bills.

I don't give one single fuck about Android vs. iOS you autist.
Take your goddamn meds.

>yeah, so what if they didn't?
Then I'd carry a pocket computer in addition to my phone, you fucking moron

There's no third mobile os worth using user.

Bad b8 thread

Imagine being this deep in psychosis. Name another mobile os that hasn't failed the moment it was released. All the linsux ones lack basic functions like graphics drivers and the ability to make phone calls and send sms.

You are schizophrenic.

why the fuck are you even posting if you don't care?
holy shit, fuck off.

>Imagine being this deep in psychosis.
Imagine seeing somebody talk about how phones are locked down in general, and then flying into an unhinged paragraphs-long bout of brand war rage like some bot responding to keywords.
Who am I kidding, that's probably what you are.

I'd say it's a good bait. It's now an ios vs android thread without OP mentioning apple, exactly what he wanted. It could have been a good thread about how locked down these phones are, but these kids felt slightly irritated exposing their sub 70 IQ

Name another mobile os. You still haven't. All you do is call people names.

We live in a timeline where custom ROMs developed by individual pajeets are better than official ROMs developed by a team of developers with access to all internal data and documentation

Ever wonder why these blatant troll threads that violate the only rule in the sticky are never deleted while the mod is literally in these threads all day deleting posts? Because the iNigger mod is the OP. He spends 16 hours a day of his worthless NEET life in these threads banning people for exposing him as the falseflagging OP troll, and saving his shit threads every time they reach page 10.
The only way to purge these shit threads off Any Forums is to put a bullet in his head.

Attached: 1636896881198.png (658x383, 228.1K)

Oneplus 5t.

>Everything I hate is trolling
Kill yourself. Nobody likes you, alright. Just end it.

you forgot getting very few and infrequent updates, not to mention jailbroken iOS without the updates is still a far better experience than whatever half baked rom from xda lol

Attached: laff.gif (245x207, 2M)

>Throw your fucking phones away, kids.
impossible when you have a job that requires you to not only be available for calls 24/7 but also requires you to use something like whatsapp.

Pretty much. I love how a logo enrages them.

all the stock apps are removable you dumb donkey lol

Attached: dennis.gif (229x176, 987.16K)

wait till samesung release their new tablet with a notch lol

Attached: samsung-galaxy-tab-s8-ultra.jpg (1600x1244, 129.08K)

>this gay thread
>NO!! MY PRIVACY-INVADING DEVICE IS BETTER THAN YOUR PRIVACY-INVADING DEVICE!! WHAT ARE YOU, POOR?

where did I imply I care about privacy on my phone? and yes, ios is more private than android ootb because apple makes money selling hardware, not software and personal information.

>android is linux, and linux lets you do things like this without being an uber leet kernel hacker, unlike windows
It literally takes me 3 button presses to delete whatever the fuck i want in the system files