Browser extension thread

Schizo bloat edition

Attached: Extensions_Chrome.png (817x864, 108.5K)

Other urls found in this thread:

addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/clipboard2file
developer.mozilla.org/docs/Tools/Responsive_Design_Mode
github.com/arkenfox/user.js/wiki/4.1-Extensions
github.com/arkenfox/user.js/issues/948
git.synz.io/Synzvato/decentraleyes/-/tree/master/resources
localcdn.org/
universal-bypass.org/
addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/fastforwardteam/
github.com/DandelionSprout/adfilt/blob/master/LegitimateURLShortener.txt
brave.com/improved-ad-blocker-performance/
blog.mozilla.org/security/2021/03/22/firefox-87-trims-http-referrers-by-default-to-protect-user-privacy/
support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/firefox-protection-against-fingerprinting
coincidencedetector.com/
files.catbox.moe/wtpequ.mp4
bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1747786
bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1697982
bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1706602
fmarier.github.io/brave-testing/query-filter.html
raw.githubusercontent.com/DandelionSprout/adfilt/master/LegitimateURLShortener.txt
dl.acm.org/doi/pdf/10.1145/3308558.3313703
chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/canvas-blocker-fingerprin/nomnklagbgmgghhjidfhnoelnjfndfpd
developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/API/Window/postMessage#using_window.postmessage_in_extensions
dl.acm.org/doi/10.1145/3267323.3268959
addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/window-resizer-webextension/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

For me, it's Clipboard2File.
addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/clipboard2file

Attached: img-2022-01-29-05-53-12.png (340x508, 31.98K)

I don't need anything more than this I think.
Also uBlacklist is a god-send, I can finally filter Pinterest from search engines, not to mention all the click farm sites.

Attached: Screenshot from 2022-01-29 13-56-04.png (961x665, 141.9K)

Use librewolf.

no, too schizo. resistfingerprinting makes animations lag

Why? I already have my custom user.js working the way I want it to.

Werks on my machine

>old reddit redirect
Do chrome users genuinely?

For me it's just ctrl+v

Anyone have a good screenshot addon for firefox? I need one because the built in one breaks with floating headers.

Delete all your (((((((privacy)))))))) extension and install ublock + umatrix

Any add-on would be using the same API, so it would have the same issue. Floating headers are a tough nut to crack in terms of full page screenshots. I just use devtools to edit the floating header and make it go back to the top of the page lol. Might be doable to create an extension that does it for you though

Really? That's ass. You'd think it could just render a frame as if the window were the height of the page.

You can! Open Firefox devtools and enable responsive design mode, you can manually simulate any resolution then take a screenshot, basically fixing the floating header problem.
developer.mozilla.org/docs/Tools/Responsive_Design_Mode

That's great. Do you know if addons can enable and disable responsive design mode on their own? I'll look in to it later if not.

I don't think they can. What you can do is ctrl+shift+m to toggle responsive design mode (the resolution you pick is persistent) then do ctrl+shift+s to take a screenshot, should be pretty fast to execute

There's very few additions to this list that I would consider valid.

Attached: addons.png (676x628, 71.21K)

what scripts do you use in violent monkey

4chanX, a script that redirects several garbage image hosters to the file directly, and a redirector script for old.reddit and the old arch wiki layout.
Not against using more but haven't come across any I feel I want to add.

I've been using reddit since 2006 and I won't let fucking zoomers ruin it for me.

>I've been using reddit since 2006
im sorry

>I've been using reddit since 2006 and I won't let fucking zoomers ruin it for me.

Attached: img-2022-01-29-07-16-55.png (571x658, 29.61K)

which ungoogled chromium extension for Quick dial on new tab like Opera one?

/qa/ lost

Attached: Screenshot_20220129_165742.png (1584x539, 106.83K)

You faggots don't even begin to scratch the surface of schitzo. For some reason my Any Forums extension settings get deleted seemingly randomly every other week even though my cookies are white listed. I don't even know where to begin troubleshooting addons because I can't replicate it.

Attached: youaskedforit.png (1114x1094, 136.58K)

github.com/arkenfox/user.js/wiki/4.1-Extensions

Nimbus

>bypass paywalls for scientific documents
holy based, does that mean I can actually read studies without paying now?
would simply disabling js get around this if a script could do it?

Idk why you'd even bother having privacy addons when you have that many user, you stick out as truly unique.

yeah i know reddit

Attached: file.png (694x1039, 66.26K)

I've used a script for getting free math breakdown help on one of those types of pay sites. It depends if the page loads the information and then obfuscates it. It's on a site by site basis.

>implying JS is enabled

damn I had no idea there were that many redditors here, but I guess it makes sense considering how easily "people" on this board get baited now
I really should quit this place

The only thing anybody should have for reddit is an old.reddit redirect so the site is actually usable. Nothing else matters because you shouldn't be posting there.

you can just add -pinterest in the google search

Not him but it does, at least for anything running webgl. I have qutebrowser installed just to be my mahjong soul player because it runs like absolute shit in librewolf with fingerprinting protection

>does that mean I can actually read studies without paying now?
You haven't been using sci-hub?

I redirect to teddit.net

>You haven't been using sci-hub?
not all studies are available everywhere

That's fair, the only things I read are CS and medical papers which are often free anyways.

thats way too much.

all you need is either edit your HOSTS file to block most IPs/addresses or a network DNS/adblocker like pi-hole and an adblocker extension for your web browser (mainly for popups and to fix the way webpages look after ad removal).

I used to have an extension for bypassing paywalls for news sites, lost it in an update. Can't remember the name, any ideas?

>Also uBlacklist is a god-send, I can finally filter Pinterest from search engines, not to mention all the click farm sites.
>doesnt know how to removed certain results from web searches without added an extension
ask me how I know you work as tech support

Attached: Screenshot from 2022-01-29 21-55-31.png (600x792, 111.49K)

Read a book. One about networking and the how the internet works, please

>you can just add -pinterest in the google search

>manually doing something every time you do a search

it was only a matter of time before someone with decentraleyes shows up
it is still promoted by firefox store
despite being completely outdated!
>I am pretty sure (99%) I started the year in the 320 thousands
>I've watched it very closely the last 3 months and it moved about 100
I have noticed the same thing, none of the normal scripts have been injected by decentraleyes, all downloaded from the cdns
git.synz.io/Synzvato/decentraleyes/-/tree/master/resources
>last update

the solution is simple though, replace decentraleyes with the actually maintaned and improved fork of it
localcdn.org/

Goygle Crème... Discarded
Goygle search... Discarded
Darkreader? Use CSS
Smartreferer? It's built-in, bloated extension
Jewjewgo to Goygle? Really?
I don't care about cookies is included in ublock origin... Open the dashboard
Request Control? Based !!
Gnome shell "integration" more like Gnome shell Botnet

>Darkreader? Use CSS
I don't like Darkreader but it works, if you have a good CSS solution share it but it seems like it'd be worse.
>Smartreferer? It's built-in, bloated extension
I did read about that, but it's not working or not feature complete, I forget why. Basically I decided it was still required.

Sure you can exclude things with a dash followed by the domain, but I ain't typing a dash and domain name for the 2000 or so sites I have filtered lmao

>Starts sentence with "For me, it's"
For me, it's an opinion i discard.

And I was wondering why it catches stuff so seldom, I've got my counter up to 80 after 2 weeks of use.
Thank you kraut user.

Attached: Untitled.png (713x499, 27.46K)

Damn, nigga that's a lot...

Attached: 1633154037081.png (957x752, 111.32K)

>Open the dashboard
where exactly?

>dont accept webp
lmao, retard
also no reason to use noscript if you have ublock origin btw, it has noscript powers (better ones)

Made this thread yesterday, glad to see it caught on. Decided to switch from regular chrome to firefox

Attached: file.png (543x716, 59.71K)

>don't accept webp
Thanks, installed.

Universal Bypass is unmaintained, although they did a poor job of announcing it: universal-bypass.org/
FastForward is the fork they recommend: addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/fastforwardteam/

nextdns + brave = good enough for me

>2022
>greasemonkey

>LocalCDN
snake oil
>ClearURLs
Redundant with uBO, you just need to import this filter list
github.com/DandelionSprout/adfilt/blob/master/LegitimateURLShortener.txt

Gimme an alternative then faggot. I swear some turbo-autist must have made som bot that just quotes the date and some random word relating to the thread.

Violentmonkey, which was posted already.

>Redundant with uBO, you just need to import this filter list
You need that plus the adguard tracking protection one I believe, that list alone isn't enough.

You can remove Adguard
brave.com/improved-ad-blocker-performance/

Attached: extensions.png (574x750, 113.08K)

what browser extensions should I use if I don't want my browser history being kept record of? Or do I just need to use a vpn at that point?

>Smart Referrer
Firefox already has a strict referrer policy
blog.mozilla.org/security/2021/03/22/firefox-87-trims-http-referrers-by-default-to-protect-user-privacy/
>CanvasBlocker
Do little to prevent fingerprinting, enable RFP
support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/firefox-protection-against-fingerprinting

Attached: Screenshot from 2022-01-25 17-47-21.png (353x336, 45.03K)

Incognito/private mode, you don't need an extension.

Both are open-source though? What are the beneifts to violentmonkey?

Is there an extension that removes these stupid banners from youtube?

Attached: 4312345154325634.png (1392x300, 146.42K)

It pretty shit, as well can't do some of the stuff AdGuard can.

youtube.com###contents > ytd-clarification-renderer.style-scope.ytd-item-section-renderer:first-child

>Hover Zoom+
Hover Zoom is malware/adware btw, i don't think they'd let you call yourself HZ+ without also giving them a cut. Use Imagus and stop using all those shitty privacy extensions that make you more unique.

Add this filter
www.youtube.com###clarify-box
to ublock origin settings > my filters

>It pretty shit
Brave's built-in ad blocker is more effective than Adguard

Attached: 1643388969982.png (695x399, 46.59K)

uBlock Origin still mogs everything else I see

Honestly I don't remember anymore. I think at some point Greasemonkey did some really dumb shit (in implementation), which is why we got the Tampermonkey (cringe and closed pilled), and Violentmonkey forks, but that may no longer be an issue.

Where is the reddit gold and sliver badge?

The problem is that it doesn't block all the ads and can't do some of the things AdGuard can. Therefore, I will not use it until it does what I need it to do.

You can use the strict mode to block first party ads

Nigga, I've given it a chance it's NOT good.

Thanks kings. Is there a way to get it also removed from the search as well?

Attached: 431241235564564536.png (1109x518, 220.74K)

Why AdGuard though? We know from multiple studies that uBlock Origin is more effective and uses almost no memory

>no ones using coincidence detector
coincidencedetector.com/

www.youtube.com###content ytd-info-panel-container-renderer

Hahahahahaah what the fuck, I didn't know these existed

Because it skips these stuff automatically. I've tried making uBlock Origin skip and it can't. Used to use uBlock Origin before these pop up existed..

Attached: 1629072230322.png (1654x911, 369.37K)

Thanks king

Yeah, it's everywhere bro

you can go to ublock origin settings > Filter lists and just add the AdGuard list, its faster too

Attached: img-2022-01-29-15-56-08.png (312x256, 26.93K)

Tried it a while ago, didn't work... This convo gives me a dejavu

I think that AdGuard automaticlly sets the cookies to accept that gay shit. because sometimes you will get throw at the dedicated page for cookies which you can't just block and adguard just skips as soon as it loads.

Anything I should add or remove?

Attached: 1324532634563456.png (690x1159, 80.49K)

Take a look:
files.catbox.moe/wtpequ.mp4

CanvasBlocker is a placebo and does nothing but add overhead, if you want the best canvas mitigations then use Tor browser.

Firefox has built-in ClearURLs now
You don't need an extension to disable WebRTC (media.peerconnection.enabled in about:config, I don't know why you'd want to do this though).
Firefox has Smart Referer built in

anything you'd recco me adding?

>Firefox has built-in ClearURLs now
Firefox doesn't remove tracking parameters from URLs yet
bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1747786
bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1697982

You can enable it in about:config
Set privacy.query_stripping.enabled to true

This feature is a WIP, it doesn't work currently
bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1706602

It does work though, I use it all the time. The query params get removed

Do you have any third party extension installed? I tested it with these tests and the feature doesn't work
fmarier.github.io/brave-testing/query-filter.html

user, it functions. Add a random param name like hackerfrom4chan to privacy.query_stripping.strip_list, then go to google.com/?hackerfrom4chan=hacking
it gets stripped

my most important ones: youtube enhancer, vimium, rescuetime, singlefile, bitwarden, google serach navigator

Attached: at the beach.png (768x835, 954.85K)

Works on my machine. my installation came with these params pre-added

Attached: img-2022-01-29-16-49-35.png (650x147, 20.37K)

It could be because I'm using the stable branch, but I don't have anything

Attached: Screenshot from 2022-01-29 17-52-44.png (1359x451, 54.94K)

Weird, im using normal v96. Maybe they're rolling it out for a subset

for local history incognito/private mode, for the history on cloud servers you need a vpn and you need to clear cookies/browser storage
beware of vpn cutouts leaking your ip address, a weakness of vpns
it is also recommended to use the most common hardware/os/browser "stack" because otherwise, your combination may be so unique they only need to figure out which one of a few profiles the history belongs to

>snake oil
>github.com/arkenfox/user.js/issues/948
decentraleyes is snake oil, localcdn isn't

canvasblocker is mostly useful to detect suspicious behavior

it may fool primitive scripts, for scripts that consider anti-fingerprinters it will be used as a data point

Reposting from the last thread:

uBlock Origin can already do the things that many of you have extensions for (given that you have the correct filters). Block js site by site basis, js blocking rules, remove tracking elements from urls, remove cookie banners etc. Having more extensions can make your browser's fingerprint more unique so you should reduce how many you use. Extensions can also be compromised.

url cleaning filterlist for uBO
raw.githubusercontent.com/DandelionSprout/adfilt/master/LegitimateURLShortener.txt

>I don't give a shit about LocalCDN as a replacement - because FPI already isolates third parties, and possible speed perf is not a privacy issue - in fact the opposite - an extension injection resources is a security risk - feel free to do what you want, but I'm not recommending it

then enable webgl and install canvasblock you can read linbrewolf faq for more info

that's okay, some people don't care about cookies either

CanvasBlocker does almost nothing to prevent fingerprinting, you are better off using RFP instead
dl.acm.org/doi/pdf/10.1145/3308558.3313703

v

Attached: file.png (1024x1024, 403.4K)

0/20 bait

Attached: cvdvdsgfsdghfhdfhfhdhehurgeurhetbvdfbrfbuhtwerghfudthewuhkbrjehbtwejbrqbewvrbwqexcjgjhgxzvjrbtnrbewnmyteoibpvcibfjkdhskfjdhsafksdfakjdhkfhakjfhdkafhkjsdhfkjadhfkjdshfkjsdfhkahdsfhdsafhdskfhdshkfjhsckjfdshakjfhduieriewhriuweqhrd.png (685x1082, 134.23K)

AdNauseam is a placebo. Use normal uBlock Origin

>I can see the ad vault
>I have seen the targeting of ads degrade with my own eyes
Wow the human brain is incredible for it to conjure all of that out of only my belief that it would work.

chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/canvas-blocker-fingerprin/nomnklagbgmgghhjidfhnoelnjfndfpd

is it true the more extensions you have installed the more unique your fingerprint is????

some extensions can be fingerprinted:
* extensions that modify the website. the javascript on the website can inspect elements and find out if they have been changed
* extensions that use insecure communication between extension and content script. some extensions need a content script in the context of the webpage where they extract information, and they would send back information in such a way everyone can catch the messages, scripts of the website
* extensions that modify browser apis, the javascript on the website could detect the unexpected properties

If an extension embeds something in the page/changes the page in a unique way, it can become a way to fingerprint you. A good example is the popular Imagus extension. Once activated, it embeds a div into the page that won't go away until you refresh it.

Another example is Lumetrium Definer. it inserts a div with the ID definer-bubble-host into every website you visit, even if you never activate it. So if the page is looking for it, it'll see that you're one of the ~300 Firefox users with Lumetrium Definer. Quite a small pool!

Whether an extension adds fingerprinting risk or not has to be figured out on a case-by-case basis. For example, Auto Tab Discard adds no fingerprinting risk to my knowledge since it doesn't modify pages or network patterns

As a general rule, if you aren't using an extension but want to keep it for later, you should disable it.

here is the insecure communication where messages can be siphoned by any javascript consumer in the browser

developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/API/Window/postMessage#using_window.postmessage_in_extensions

Yes
dl.acm.org/doi/10.1145/3267323.3268959

Attached: Screen Shot 2022-01-30 at 11.11.30 am.png (1520x1316, 243K)

all what I need.

Attached: ungoogled extensions.png (1597x755, 119.45K)

the reddit new ui is fucked up with many zoomer features like RPAN or badges. Old UI actually better

Is there an addon that acts like the tor browser by dynamically snapping the viewport to a common resolution for fingerprinting / tracking resistance? I use a wm and I have a weird ass resolution like 1904x863.
Firefox (librewolf) please.

this extension lets you set profiles and select them for the browser window size
addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/window-resizer-webextension/

This is kind of what I was looking for, but it's acting weird with my display and if I resize the window it'll stop working. I don't mind being unable to pick the size, is there an extension that works about the but with resize on-the-fly?
I guess it'd snap to the smallest , closest common resolution instead.

Oh, nevermind, i found the very thing I was looking for, it's in about:config . It's called letterboxing apparently.

Attached: letterboxing_aboutconfigpng.png (823x31, 778)

Only uBlock Origin is enough.

If webgl is disabled it just doesn't run at all. If it's enabled it runs but like shit unless you turn off fingerprinting resist, which I'm not gonna do. Also it blocks canvas by default.

Attached: 1595421088475.png (782x740, 255.56K)