WWF No Mercy general

What was your experience with this game? Do you believe it's the greatest wrestling game? What CAWs have you made?

Attached: WWF_No_Mercy.jpg (2000x1398, 1.22M)

Why is this one overlooked?

Attached: 171201200600_Smackdown-1617370437.jpg (500x706, 73.03K)

Cause it’s HCTP but worse

This
SVR 2006 was a massive improvement but arguably still not as good as HCTP.

My favorite wrestling games were WWE all stars and wwe 12.
I never played no mercy but everyone i know who played it says it's amazing.

ok how you know?

Enjoyment
Yes
Pic related is one, also I made a pretty good Scott Hall/ razor Ramon, the headbangers (based on the strategy guide of wm2000) lord tensai, Kevin nash, pretty much any extra attires / characters with costumes you can buy from the smack down mall, purple edge, I recreated tsunderetaker from that funny gif too - oh and black mr. Ass

Attached: 4506008D-CB8D-42FB-BA19-A98E42EC2F5D.jpg (1984x1526, 1.52M)

Nice user. I just wish the GBC version was released so we could unlock more slots without a gameshark.

SVR is when the directive came from WWE to make the games more like the television product. that's when we got goofy mechanics like "fighting styles" for babyfaces and heels and suddenly Rey Mysteiro can't suplex the Big Show. WWE's meddling is what ultimately killed the franchise by removing all its soul.

Didn't really like No Mercy because the roster sucked and too much slowdown.

VPW2 and Revenge were much better.

Rey not being able to suplex larger opponents was a plus to me. Had to figure out how to beat them in other ways

I liked that too. It was one of the few aspects where realism was good.

What was wrong with the roster other than the absence of Big Show?

Attached: WWF_No_Mercy_Roster.jpg (900x773, 216.83K)

I would always create a big black hoss of a man that don’t take no shit from nobody. He was PROUD black man. My finisher was the ultimate submission where you get your special and the guy is laying down and you go by his head and you Mount him and pummel him with fists of fury until he gives up

Attached: 84EAC08D-F8B8-4E12-8B68-DB671411C102.jpg (1170x689, 448.87K)

Absolutely brilliant game. There's no perfect wrestling game, but this stands up there with HCTP and Fire Pro World for me.

What I didn't like:
> Looks hideous, and not just in an old game way. There's something about the attempt at detail with n64's horrible texture resolution that I find way more unappealing than Revenge's cleaner look
> Movesets are weird and you can't edit them without taking up a CAW slot. Light Heavyweight moves are limted and 90% from Tiger Mask or Hayabusa.
> Music is worse than Revenge and the game runs like shit with it enabled
> The comeback mechanic feels cheap as fuck

SvR2006 would be GOAT if it wasn't for the poor selling. Literally takes three finishers and still gets up in 5 seconds.

CAWs I have on VPW2 FREEM edition.

Had to make memegregor cuz this game also doubles as the best MMA game of all time.

Attached: caws.png (769x1099, 2.19M)

That's also when they got rid of the ability of allowing females to get curb stomped by men during matches. I preferred those days, because the highest overall any of the women had was 69. It really cemented how the women's division is just a side show. Which is still is, but for some reason it's presented as main event amongst the IWC.

I always remember the WCW games being held in higher esteem on the playground. We had a PlayStation in my house so we were warzone kids

Loved this game. Akiman all day.

It used to be the best wrestling game of all time before Wrestling Empire. Mdickie absolutely tanned it and it continues to get better with every patch. Fucking amazing.

There's still room for caws in Freem?

>The best wrestling game is the one that came out when I was a kid
A staggering coincidence

Never had a version that didn’t erase your save so I hated it. Also to be accurate to the wwf product at the time most guys have the exact same moves and it makes the in game roster pretty boring.

I prefer virtual pro wrestling 2.