Axl Rotten Died From Heroin Overdose, Medical Examiner Says

>Professional wrestler Axl Rotten — real name Brian Knighton — died earlier this month from a heroin overdose, the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner in Baltimore told TheWrap on Wednesday.

>Police had suspected heroin use, due to the discovery of a “brownish” substance in an unmarked pill bottle found alongside Knighton’s unconscious and unresponsive body in a Linthicum, Md., McDonald’s bathroom. Additionally, Knighton had placed drug paraphernalia and a broken burnt tablespoon with a “crystalline residue” on the restroom’s infant changing table.
>Knighton was pronounced dead at the scene on Feb. 4. He was 44.

>Rotten struggled with drug addiction during his career, admitting during a recent interview on fellow wrestler Chris Jericho’s “Talk Is Jericho” podcast that he missed a scheduled WWE appearance due to his efforts to secure heroin.

>"WWE is saddened to learn of reports that Brian Knighton, best known for competing in ECW as Axl Rotten from 1993 to 1999, has passed away,” the top wrestling promotion stated last week.
>“WWE extends its condolences to Knighton’s family, friends and fans," they elaborated in an official statement. The WWE owns the ECW, where Rotten got his start, although he did wrestle briefly in 2005 with the main company.

Attached: AxlRotten07.jpg (406x416, 28.99K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wPe-GXVwix8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>earlier this month
Damn I thought he died forever ago

Cool one more to go, hurry the fuck up Ian.

Is there a more depressing way to die than a heroin overdose in a McDonald's bathroom?

He did lol.

Fun fact Axl asked Ian to stop using the Rotten name. The guy who OD'd in a fast food restroom was embarrassed by Ian Rotten.

A McDonalds overdose inside a heroin clinic?

im from md i used to see this guy around in random places quite a lot. saw in in best buy quite often. but late one night i was driving home and he was in an old ass broken down car beside me with maybe a bunch of other wrestlers inside. it was a 4 lane street and he kept trying to get my attention as he kept holding up a flyer to some upcoming show. he was driving and wasnt paying any attention to the road

kwahl

>overdoses in a Mcdonald's bathroom

Is there anything more American?

Heroin overdose is possibly one of the best ways to go. No pain coupled with extreme euphoria as your consciousness fades away.

I read a couple days ago that's how one of the English Kings died, the royal doctor dosed him up with a speedball, injected him with morphine and cocaine to send him out on a high.
That's based as hell.

Probably had more to do with Ian's shady business dealings while running his outlaw promotion and people getting the two mixed up.

youtube.com/watch?v=wPe-GXVwix8

Yeah he did, like 6 years ago.
How the hell is Ian not in jail or dead himself?

I remember he appeared on Jericho’s podcast and the guy was begging fans to send him money for “medical expenses.” If you’ve ever been around drug addicts you know the games and this guy was playing all of them. It was uncomfortable and depressing as hell and you could tell Jericho knew what was up.

Only if they also bankrupted his family with the clean-up fees.

There’s like a square-mile of my city that is overrun with junkies, I mean to degree that is fucking apocalyptic. I shoot walked in on a woman washing her hair in McD’a toilet once, like using a cup from the restaraunt and just leaning over the toilet bowl with it. She looked at me almost like she was apologizing for being in the way.

I was in Vancouver last weekend for 2 days. Ended up walking 2 blocks too many apparently from the tourist section because I stumbled on a huge tent city filled with nutters and junkies. Completely killed any appeal of the city for me.

I just left a job whose office is at the intersection of I-25 and Colfax here in Denver. There was not a single day that I went out on my lunch break that I didn't see nutters and junkies. Hell, there was a burger king just three blocks away that closed up, and the city had to set up a chainlink fence because a tent city and walls of graffiti showed up not 24 hours after its last day. And that's just fucking Colfax. Trust me, I doubt Vancouver is unique to any other major city in North America in this regard.

I'm sure it's not, I just guess I expected better from Canadians. Also, dear god so many trashy white women with trashy tattoos.

Overdosed on what? Cheeseburgers?