How do atheists continue being atheists past the age of 22-24...

how do atheists continue being atheists past the age of 22-24? theres so much wrong with this world that a blind belief of a peaceful afterlife, regardless of your god, starts feeling like the only worthwhile thing to look forward to.

Attached: 8D7C3E4F-4D8C-47D7-86D1-EDB6DA36E3D9.png (1000x1100, 2.24M)

Because mature adults base their beliefs on the truth rather than what feels comforting.

The trick is when you're about to die....just convert to one of the many Christian denominations.

Eternal oblivion sound much better than any afterlife. Why would I want to prolong my existence infinitely?

originally enjoy hell, obese fag

Do a Mainlander and replace peaceful afterlife with nothingness. This works better than religion simply because if a world so incompetently designed as this one could exist in the first place, the only correct solution for it is eternal annihilation, not escape.

I have a functional brain and simply cannot chose to look away from the truth and to enjoy escapism.

I am not going to start taking heroin just because it feels euphoric for a few hours. And personally if there is truly a god or some other deity I believe that some heavenly afterlife is just pure cope from the desperate. If the mortal world is such a horrid place and the great one above has shown apathy at best and pure malevolence and sadistic disdain otherwise towards our lowly selves then how could the world beyond possibly be any different? Personally I am a big fan of the stiff upper lip. I expect nothing but trials and hardship, and I take solace in the fact that the only one who truly stops me from progressing is me alone. Plenty have made it in conditions far more horrific than what I have been through, there is nothing that says I should be any different.
t. agnostic

ok a god could hypotethically exist, im now agnostic, nothing changes, now what?
as long as I dont have to go and do and do already established religious things like pray on a mat 5 times a day Im good mang
thats all

The fact that nothing in this world is random is proof of God's existence. So many specific and different things in nature, yet they're made to blend in perfectly with each other to make a thing, for example the human body having all kinds of organs and mechanisms with it, every single thing specific yet it works, just doesn't fit well with me it all came to be just like that. I say came to be and not ask where it came from because it's physical, unlike the main cause of the universe, be it god or anything else, there's meaning to all of this, I know even as I'm writing this someone just experienced true unfairness in this world, probably got raped or got castrated raw or killed for no reason, but how does that disprove God is real? There is both good and evil in the world, not just evil.

If hell is real, god doesn't deserve worship. I'd rather spit in the face of such a being.

Jesus hears many people address him as, "Lord". They even say it twice, "Lord, Lord," to make it more impressive or convincing perhaps. But Jesus is neither impressed mor convinced. He says to them, "I never knew you" (Matthew 7:22-23)

Not a christcuck but i dont think that trick would work

So even Jesus admits being a good person is what's important, not being religious.

Are you asking how come I can't lie to myself that things aren't going to be shit once I die?

people here seem content with lying to themselves to ignore how jews treat them abd every living human's body and time as an expendable resource for a bottom line, and still deluded with the individualist freewill meme. so why not?

I can't know until I'm there.
Seems like a waste to base my life around an event that occurs after my death.

you can't prove there isn't an eternal void of non-existence after your life ends. If you were so concerned with the truth, you would recognize that the truth cannot be known and all you can have is faith in your theory like the rest of us.

>starts feeling like the only worthwhile thing to look forward to.
because using religion not because you really believe but because you are looking for a mental gymnastic cope is just a really shitty form of therapy

is it proof of god's existence or do we just have a limited imagination and take the coincidence for granted?

the argument seems to go "there has to be a god because all the pieces fit too perfectly to be random", but we have never experienced a life where the pieces were different

It warms my heart to see christianity come to the point where it has to proselytize by saying "Yeah it is bullshit. But it feels good if you believe it even though is bullshit. Why don't you try it?". I don't feel the need to believe it because I am no longer looking for a woman. The only reason christianity is so popular on Any Forums now is because terminally online men are desperate to find an argument why they should get a woman. And old religion is a justification they can pull out to do that. Nobody here would be talking about jesus if incels didn't exist.

No, he was saying you can't get the benefits of submission when you never submitted until there was some benefit you were searching for. Look into the classical concept of patronage.

You can't prove there isn't a Kirby game, are you going to start learning what powers you get when you eat different things so you're ready for that when you die?