Renting and owning a home is the same thing. you either pay mortgage + property tax + hoa fees or you pay rent...

renting and owning a home is the same thing. you either pay mortgage + property tax + hoa fees or you pay rent, there's no advantage, you still have to pay every month. the only difference is you're allowed to paint the walls. is that really worth the half million dollars

Attached: E41A04D3-6671-4427-97B4-2FFFA4F0EC70.jpg (1024x954, 54.18K)

Once the mortgage is paid off, you own it and can use it as a financial tool. You can also access equity in your home even before it's paid off.

a house is to live in, not to use as a financial tool

when you pay rent, your landlord probably has a mortgage on that property. your rent pays his mortgage. at the end of your stay in that house, you own nothing. if you own the house, when you're done living there, you have something to sell, and a big chunk of money to walk away with

>t. poorfag
kekw

>user explains that food is to eat, not to use as a financial tool
>the waitress just looks at him, her confusion and distress increasing
>she probably isn't going to get a tip for this, is she?

Gonna post this here just to show you how stupid you look haha

Attached: 16874924587439.jpg (1445x810, 249.59K)

>mortgage

Does not apply to me. I only have to pay property taxes, which are less per year than I was paying per month in an apartment.

If you own there are only taxes. Hoa shit is completely optional, there are more places without them than with. It's true that freedom does not exist, at least not anywhere in the first world. Still, I'd rather own or make payments on a loan than rent. Renting only makes sense when you don't plan to live in the area for more than a year or two.

what about equity? paying off your mortgage?
and this is why you will stay poor

Attached: 00318-765777353-.png (512x512, 186.65K)

>live in apartment
>have to beg to be allowed to have a pet or repaint a room
>own house
>do whatever you want

>something breaks in apartment
>have fun getting your landlord to fix it, when they do it will be cheap and half-assed
>something breaks in house
>your choice for the quality and timeliness of the repair

>something isn't broken in your apartment but it sucks/you don't like it, like the kitchen sink or light fixtures or doors
>get used to it, it's never getting replaced
>same situation in apartment
>you can replace it with something nice/more to your taste and if it causes the value to go up it pays for itself

>move out of apartment
>get nothing because you were contributing to your landlord's equity every month
>move out of house you own
>sell and get profit because you were contributing to your own equity every month or rent it out
There are times it's better to rent than own, like if you only plan on being somewhere short term or you think a crash is about to happen, but in most cases owning is the superior choice and pretending otherwise is cope. HoAs are purely optional, if you live in a neighborhood with one that was your choice. Property tax is calculated into rent, your landlord isn't eating a loss on that. There's a reason the American dream involves home ownership instead of renting.

Attached: lick.png (1494x1002, 140.92K)

New construction is the best option, don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Attached: 4znfva937pe81.jpg (640x677, 47.39K)

>doesn't know about subletting
NGMI

Attached: 2dmyh0mj1yp71.jpg (567x567, 29.99K)

You and I both know the average rentoid never cites that as a reason why they rent.

You forgot being trapped for 30 years, or trapped and slave driven even more for 15. The only problem with renting is someone getting rich off your back. I inherited a house, it needs 10s of thousands of repairs too. If I was renting I could just change my shell.

This should be true, if there were houses small enough for utility living. Its not what we are doing societally. As we are now supposed non-violent pack animals, everything has become a status symbol as a flex, and us realistic people get swept along . Its just sucker shit all around. Tent by the highway is really getting away with something. I've done it before.

>a bunch of neets expect anyone to believe they own a TV, let alone a house.

>doesn't have a liability
>that is why they are poor
Learn math.

Worse case scenario is you get all your monthly payments back when you sell, but usually you get all that back plus the increase in value whole you paid. Lived in my first house for for years and when I sold it they have me a check for 80k that I used to buy my next and more expensive house. Been in this one for seven years and if I sold now I would make about 400k. You just get your security deposit back.

Wait what?!?
You still pay for shit even if you own the house??
No one told me this because me dumb
What happens if you dont pay them?

Leins. Then eventually jail time. Property taxes generally aren't too high unless you have a giant house. My taxes are a little over 2k a year.

The problem is that we don't tax land enough. If land were taxed at the correct rate then the derived rents would be cancelled out. Rents are horrible things to have in a capitalistic system.