Do you believe theres something bigger than us out there user? A god of sorts if you want to call it that

Do you believe theres something bigger than us out there user? A god of sorts if you want to call it that

Attached: 96F98BAA-613E-43D7-A89C-E479FAE70BA1.jpg (720x720, 68.95K)

No not really, I still enjoy theology and bible themed books tho.

Yes i do OP i wish you had given us more questions to spice up the thread, doesnt really matter trough.

>Do you believe theres something bigger than us out there user? A god of sorts if you want to call it that
Yes and his name is...
JOHN CENA!!!
do-do-do-doooooo

Nope. There's probably some fundamental forces (similar to gravity or electromagnetism) that we simply don't understand yet, but the notion of there existing a conscious "being" just dicking around with the universe for vague reasons sounds implausible.

Attached: 1612497209030.jpg (900x750, 363.31K)

>4 replies

>152 replies

it gets a little hard to keep the faith but

Well is that not the point of faith?

If you cannot keep faith in your god because of the bad in the world then you lack exactly that faith.

I hope that sentence made sense but I think you get what I meant to say.

Sorry user I will try harder next time, what god do you believe in user?
What kind of force do you think that would be? Where do you think we go when we die user?

While yes it's hard to make a argument for believing in a god now a days the church still does lots of good things for our society and a lack of people like that we would all be in a worse place.

Had a long day grammar is not on the table anymore

Oh np OP it was just an observation, even with what i said the thread is like 10 times better than the average thread here (baits, generals, more bait etc), going into the question im christian.

>What kind of force do you think that would be?
Like I said, a fundamental force that we don't understand. It's something that exists everywhere and is always exerting force. Dark Energy, for example. We've only been exploring the realm of quantum physics for a short time and they recently turned the LHC back on, so I predict some truly groundbreaking discoveries before 2100.
I'm fine with (most) Christians and the philosophy of Christ, but actually buying into the mythos is just retarded. Like the people who believe Noah's Ark actually happened or that Jesus truly restricted a dead man.

Attached: 1623210718417.jpg (1783x2840, 597.1K)

I wouldnt be surprised if some greater power created this universe after exhausting the entropy of its own

Agreed, there is no mentally sane person that believes all stories of the bible

I believe we're actually in a simulation
There's no real humans in the "real" world. Its just ai that created this reality to simulate what happened in history.
Why the ai does it? Who knows. Maybe it was a part of its directives.

Attached: 1547504689529.png (800x800, 534.46K)

>there is no mentally sane person that believes all stories of the bible
You would be amazed how many Americans believe that shit like it jumped straight out of a 2021 history textbook.

I like the way you think, tell me more

I would like to believe this one, the fact that I dont actually exist and am just a simulation of myself is comforting
Ah well thank you, truth be told I always thought some of the stories in the bible were very unrealistic, do you believe those stories too or just god basically?

thats kind of the extent of my thoughts into the matter, but also I think there very well could be civilizations out there with godlike power, why waste huge amounts of the universes finite energy traveling the vast amounts of nothing to places likely to have just been nothing but a reflection across space for millions of years by the time you get there, when u can just create a new universe that plays by your own rules. I think that kinda explains why we dont see galactic level civilizations, because theres better ways to play god than to just shit all over a bunch of stars

Mmm i guess it depends in the story user, for example i would have to research but things like Noahs ark, im fairly sure that trought science we can actually find out if it happened in the past (even if its crazy amounts of time ago) and in that case i would believe what we can find out, i always believed science to be a way to comprehend the world and everything that god has created.

It isn't actually hard; it is just that you have failed to see the modernist propaganda that infiltrated your perceptual grammar and accepted it uncritically even though NO ONE LIVES LIKE THAT and EVERYONE HAS SOMETHING THEY HOLD IN THE HIGHEST REGARD (or else they are just disintegrated as a person) and you could say that is a religion in a sense and question where it comes from...
TL;DR those who don't believe in God either inevitably try to create a god or *become* God

Thats understandable, Ive always found it hard to put my faith in one thing or the other simply because there is nothing backing it up, so science would be essential to me when deciding on a religion, I simply dont understand how someone could put so much faith in something without any evidence.

Attached: 5840CCFF-B53C-4C5A-812F-9770A275A630.jpg (594x743, 148.59K)