Is self improvement just a cope? Is there even any point in trying?

Is self improvement just a cope? Is there even any point in trying?

Attached: 1659454978439319.jpg (1028x1792, 279.02K)

Self improvement should be done for the SELF, not for others. For example, working out makes you feel better, eating right makes you feel good, hobbies make you feel good. If you were born with negative traits (short, ugly, autistic), the least you could do for yourself is make your life as comfortable as possible before your inevitable death.

Sure, just be born white and tall and you can self improve.

i think its okay if you have the base foundations

you have nice bones, are tall, have hair, young enough, etc. not being autistic is also really great

but for a lot of men, its a waste of time. cope and lies sold to them by the red pill. no, we cant all make it. its a zero sum game, and chad sleeps with all the best girls, and you get used up 37 year old fat hags after years of hard work because you are short and ugly

chad just wins form birth. halo effect, is liked when he is young, experiences teenage pussy, does well in school, etc. chad doesnt need to do any self help shit, he just plays sports, parties and bullies kids he doesnt like. he never even got into a fight, because he never even needed to, because nobody starts fights with him

and his used up hag roasties will be what you will eventually marry when you get old

Attached: ee8d2cef5c5a9caae4a9b81bb57a438c--football-couple-pictures-football-couples.jpg (598x608, 213.66K)

this is how you should approach self improvement

the way I see it, there's two options:
1. you live your current life, on your current trajectory
2. you spend time to improve your life and live on a better trajectory

even if it's only a bit better, why wouldn't you want a better life?

Attached: 6nynyq.png (1079x1080, 493.6K)

desu only dudes care about your gains in the gym. bodybuilding is pretty gay

what the fuck does this even mean?
no one improves for others' sake, they do it to get what they want

I'd say that improving to get a woman is doing something for your own sake.

There are plenty of people who "self-improve" solely to get a girlfriend or something and when that doesn't happen they get disheartened and give up, forgetting the entire point.

You feel like shit when you self improve. You feel shittier when you don't do anything. Choose one.

>solely to get a girlfriend
thats for themselves. they're not doing it to help out some random women. perfectly valid reason to self improve. no less valid than any of the gay shit you listed

adding more muscle mass to your body or picking up another hobby doesn't equate to you being a better person. The self improvement that makes you more attractive to women isn't really achieved through a regimen of self improvement activities, but through living earnestly, practicing virtues, gaining experience, and becoming a more reliable and self-assured person. The self improvement meme is something that people often get stuck on, spend years focused solely on checking off some boxes on a list focus-tested by woman shitposters on twitter, and miss the point of personal growth entirely.

>eatig right makes you feel good
no
>hobbies make you feel good
sometimes
>make yourself comfortable
Improving is the opposite of that.
Nice low iq bait.

I get shit on a lot on this website for being gay, and being gay does suck a lot, but fucking Christ at least I don't have to base my entire existence off of trying to please women on dating apps

>eatig right makes you feel good
>no

theres strong scientific evidence showing that diet affects mood very strongly. like, double blind placebo controlled trials and meta analysis showing this. just because in your anecdotes the foods you thought are healthy didnt make you feel like you've mainlined a gram of meth and heroin, doesnt mean that food doesnt affect your mood, you fucking retarded crosseyed attentionfag tripfag worthless retard faggot

why are tripfags so fucking stupid and so quick to run their mouths on subjects they know nothing about?

do you know what i say when people talk about cars, or lifting, or how to buy a house, or money? i dont say anything, because i dont know anything about those subjects

Attached: 1643474947344 (1)lko.jpg (620x378, 17.55K)

It makes men respect you more but foids only see your Chad looks

Yes. It's a cope. Everything is a cope. We're all just passing time until we die, and we cope with the boredom of life by doing things. Is there any point in trying? Other than escaping boredom for a brief moment, no.

If you haven't tried it then don't say anything about it

depends. i was short, ugly, kinda fat, a loser, no car, no place of my own, etc. but i was good at socializing, funny, played guitar really fucking well, and knew how to party. i got laid. a lot. i also got shot down a lot and was always cool about it.
finding your confidence will get you laid. all the rest of that stuff just improves your chances.
also have a big dick, so that's kind of a bonus, but no one i fucked saw my dick before it was already a done deal. no one knew. they probably assumed i had a small dick.

You guys have mental illness

Anti depressants and a full time job has a good chance of actually curing you.

But you'll say, "I don't want to be a zombie bro", but you have a highschool education and you are criticizing actual doctors that prescribed it.

You can be happy too, but it takes work.

While this is absolutely true, th general consensus of this board is believing everyone except robots have everything handed to them their whole lives, and that no one attractive has ever worked hard to be where they are because of how they look. Giving actual advice will just go over every head here.

I used to be fat and depressed, after self improvement I'm muscular and depressed

.t 185cm/good face, nothing can cure autism bros

As someone who is in their 30s now YES. it is worth it. Being healthy and fit pushes back the wall of decrepency.