To landlords, I resent you

I resent you for choosing to buy what you don't need under pretense of philanthropy.

I resent you for your fusillade of shills ready to say "just buy a house" and "doggy dog world" in response to this thread

I resent you for the fact that the likes of BlackRock and Vanguard are gobbling up every patch of habitable rock, they're lobbying for harder laws on tenants, and you're squeezing it for all it's worth because there is a small temporary gain for you

I resent you because housing affordability is only an issue if people own more than one house, which you do

I resent you because every retarded excuse you have that "you work hard for your money" can be easily btfo by the fact you wouldn't trade places with anyone, because you're part of the owning class.

I resent you because you took my life from me - what little time I have that could have been spent studying and learning has to be spent wage slaving and clawing my way out of these rags in which my mother bound me.

Attached: 1599306715620.jpg (1079x719, 202.56K)

BASEDBASEDBASEDBASEDBASED
FUCK LANDLORD SHITFUCKS
WELL WILL DESTROY THEIR PROPERTIES AND THEY WILL HAVE NOTHING LEFT

Seethe poorfag
Gonna raise the rent on a tenant today

>I resent you for the fact that the likes of BlackRock and Vanguard are gobbling up every patch of habitable rock

old news, interest rate hikes have stopped this and a handful of big firms that had been doing this went under because the increase in housing prices caused by eating up all the supply has caused actual consumer demand for housing to dry up. Housing prices will collapse in the next 2-3 years as these big firms need to liquidate their holdings.

Anyways, many landlords are just renting the house that they paid for over decades of blue collar work as a source of income in their retirement. Owning is a poor fit for many people, as not everyone wants to cast deep roots in the spot they're currently living in, and many people aren't responsible enough to maintain their own property when things go wrong with it. Landlords assume a lot of risk so rentoids don't have to. If you don't like it, be your own landlord.

I looked at bonds for a couple of the big guys a year or two ago and those things were paying less than I'm making on my savings account now and we've got more hikes to come. As far as I know they weren't making much of a profit even then. I just don't see how that business model survives any kind of normalcy in interest rates. And that's not even factoring in the fact that the risk premium for owning a bunch of real estate in a declining market will probably push those bond yields higher than even a higher federal funds rate would indicate. So many fucking imbalances out there with the shit the Fed is done.

the conspiracy theory is that the big guys are looking to go bust, get bailed out, and cause some kind of pseudo-nationalization of housing to advance the Great Reset agenda. I don't know if that's the case though. Maybe they didn't expect JPow to start tightening things up so soon and so aggressively.

>If you don't like it, be your own landlord.
Very funny how little self-awareness you have.

I hate landlords too but it's DOG EAT DOG not doggy dog world you fucking moron

there wont be any bailouts, those guys are not at all critical to the financial system. they could all go away tomorrow and it wouldn't matter outside of the effect of them liquidating their holdings (something like 0.15% of the SFH housing stock in the US). at best there's some kind of covid bailout 2.0 but that won't disproportionately benefit corporate landlords or even be enough to save them necessarily
i for one look forward to it but not because im a whiny rentoid like op

Seething rentoid writes another seethe paragraph but can't stop being poor and afford a house lol

>he doesn't know the meme
oh user...

Landlords are the scum of the earth, eat the landlords!

Completely wrong. They have people in both US parties (Democrats and Republicans). They have enough power to push for legislation that benefits them, which may or may not be a direct bailout. Either you're a gullible fool and you underestimate them, or you're diverting the issue on purpose.

I'm my own landlord and it's great. I think more people should own homes and not accept living life as a rentoid.

Land should not be owned, it belongs to the earth,

imagine if someone started owning all the water, Oh WAIT

>walks into your backyard
>starts playing loud music at 4 am, starts digging holes all over the place
>"hey man, this land belongs to the earth, you can't tell me I can't do this"

your theory is very unlikely

>I'm my own landlord
You understand this is a funny utterance, right?

The Earth belongs to G-d's Chosen People. The goyim should just be grateful that they're allowed to exist in OUR world.

Not a bit. I pay the taxes and insurance on the property, I maintain it and keep it up to code (or contract that work out). I assume all the risks of property ownership. That's all the stuff a landlord does. Then I also live here and pay for those costs, which is what a tenant does.

They've effectively privatised most public sector jobs, and have replaced most bureaucrats with consultants who act on their behalf

Brian Deese used to be the global head of 'sustainable investing' at blackrock, and is now a chief economic advisor of Joe Biden. Several other Blackrock execs are spread throughout the Democrats/Republicans. The current Biden administration has at least 4 BlackRock executives informing decisions (Adewale "Wally" Adeyemo, Michael Pyle, and Fink himself all in some way are affiliated). It also goes the other way, old government officials are hired into the company... This means it's very easy for bribes to occur in broad daylight. The public are incapable of thinking critically, so to put two and two together, if a former government official is hired into a company he helped keep afloat, can we be sure there's been no foul play?

>I pay the taxes and insurance on the property, I maintain it and keep it up to code (or contract that work out). I assume all the risks of property ownership.
This is very funny to me. You understand your overly bureaucratised system has facilitated "landlord" as something that requires "work" and not just something you should be able to do.