How do I stop being an alcoholic?

How do I stop being an alcoholic?

Attached: 1663213400500182.jpg (550x502, 33.02K)

Other urls found in this thread:

hams.cc/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Learn to face life rather than avoid it with booze

drink more alcohol until you die then you wont be alcoholic anymore

Just stop drinking lmao

this but unironically

Stop buying alcohol.

This is coming from an user with alcoholics on both sides of the family, I get it bro. I love alcohol, if its in the fridge I will drink it and there have been days when I start drinking and choose not to eat because I’m fucked. Went 6 months without drinking just to prove to myself I could and its completely changed how I view my drinking, I don’t need the beer after work, I can say no.
The truth is op that you have to actually look at why you are drinking, and you have to look at the fact that this thing that makes you feel good and that you ‘need’ is controlling you. Its addiction yes, but it is also habit. Its the cycle of your life, and understanding the patterns that make it continue is the key to breaking these patterns. The thing that made it easier for me was knowing that I could just go down to the pub and get a beer whenever I wanted, I could go and get fucked up, I could go on a three day bender if I wanted, but that specifically because I wasn’t doing that I was going alright.
God bless op. Good luck its easier than you think

Attached: 5FC4A3A1-DBD6-4726-9442-09CB4912F600.jpg (1080x1080, 161.42K)

Embrace it and become an eartrocker

All you can do is wait for the inevitable wake-up call. Hopefully you are fortunate enough to get one early.

Attached: 1648547681591.jpg (786x777, 73.87K)

you dont

Attached: b0e.jpg (656x679, 39.09K)

Grab the fucking bottle and stick It Up your ass.

This is how I did it. I quit in August by simply having no alcohol in the house.

I would buy a 1.75L bottle of gin every 4-5 days, now I haven't bought anything in around 30 days

I started by buying packs of sparkling water, and took the habit of always having a bottle near me to drink from. It doesn't look like much, but it really helped me resist that impulse of buying that pack of beer or bottle of wine from the grocery on my way while coming back from work.
No more "damn I could really do with a drink", i'd just guzzle water from my bottle and just move past the store. I also found out it massively helped me with my hydration, I realized that aside coffee from work, I used to just drink liters of beers and nothing else during the day.

I do sometimes miss the buzz, especially when I'm bored with nothing to do at home, but just thinking about the piece of shit it made me into makes me rage now

hams.cc/

i was a huge alcoholic, then my ex partially dumped me for that and i have been too traumatized to drink again

I've been sober for 2 years now. I haven't been completely clean for the entire time, breaking every 4-5 months. After my fourth relapse I gave up and decided to live as shit as possible, buying whatever I wanted, lazing around and being drunk, doing nothing and being a useless NEET. It didn't make me feel any happier, in fact I felt worse because my life was clearly going downhill. I am back to being sober and trying to become a functional person again. The last time I have drank this year was on 12th July.

I am on this board now because I realised that working out is a great way to stay sober. I don't want to fuck up my gains or get fat again. I've gained 5kg since my alcohol binge from the beginning of this year and I have managed to turn 2kg of that into muscle. It feels good.

But okay, how I stopped drinking was just trying it out for a month. You know those 'I can stop anytime types'? I thought I was that, so I tried it, and I couldn't. It was only for a month that I needed to be clean. But by the end of it I realised that I don't need alcohol at all and should keep staying clean. It is harder to quit when you tell yourself 'no more forever'. Start with a small time frame first. When you are sober, you will come to realise that you have a lot of things not in order because of your drinking, problems you were avoiding because you were drinking and problems that caused you to drink. For me it was anxiety, stress and boredom. Each time I went recovered from a relapse, I would try to fix these issues. It didn't work out because I would relapse again. But this time, I think I have found it. Working out is great for relieving stress and getting better sleep.

My life isn't perfect now, but it's much better. I shower and clean, I have a flexible low paying job and I learned how to cook, I started tracking my money again.

I don't know if I will break again in 2 months, I really hope not. But no matter what happens, I will keep going or die trying

Godspeed user

user, I implore you to read this book. The effect it had on me was amazing. If you sign up with a new Audible account, you can get it for free.

Attached: carr.png (1187x500, 219.36K)

>tfw you are a healthy drinker and only drink 2 nights a week

Attached: 7e0.jpg (820x713, 165.97K)

Based and gmi

Attached: 1661240310775510.png (850x1100, 775.7K)

>This is coming from an user with alcoholics on both sides of the family, I get it bro. I love alcohol, if its in the fridge I will drink it and there have been days when I start drinking and choose not to eat because I’m fucked. Went 6 months without drinking just to prove to myself I could and its completely changed how I view my drinking, I don’t need the beer after work, I can say no.
>The truth is op that you have to actually look at why you are drinking, and you have to look at the fact that this thing that makes you feel good and that you ‘need’ is controlling you. Its addiction yes, but it is also habit. Its the cycle of your life, and understanding the patterns that make it continue is the key to breaking these patterns. The thing that made it easier for me was knowing that I could just go down to the pub and get a beer whenever I wanted, I could go and get fucked up, I could go on a three day bender if I wanted, but that specifically because I wasn’t doing that I was going alright.
>God bless op. Good luck its easier than you think
Thank you brother, saved your reply

Keep busy
That's why I drink
Nothing better to do right now

I told myself I could stop whenever I wanted (I couldn't). I hated myself for it,and since I hate myself I might as well have another drinky-poo, I'll stop tomorrow I promise

This all changed when I had massive food poisoning (never undercook prawns, jfc), I could barely keep anything down for 3 days. By the end of it I could just about stomach toast. I went to bed and realised it was the first time in years I was doing it sober.

I took advantage of that surge of disgust & poured ally beer / liquor down the drain. the first week was rough it haven't looked back since.

Be strong user yagmi