MSG

Whats Any Forumss verdict on MSG, good for you, bad, or neutral?

Attached: Hb50181dfe48e459189bf071c56944e4bZ.jpg.jpg (640x640, 183.96K)

neutral to bad in reasonable quantities but you should just use fish sauce anyway because it's good for you

Just some salt variant, I guess good.

This. MSG doesn't make good food taste better, it makes bad food taste good. If you just fried clumps of corn meal, it would be boring and kind of gross. But take those fried clumps and dust them in an artificial dairy product made with a bunch of MSG, and you now have cheetoes

It's literally salt with a fucking amino acid on it. It's protein-salt. How the fuck can Any Forums hate on it? You can just as easily sprinkle MSG on broccoli or chicken breast. MSG is excellent for people trying to reduce sodium intake, or fatfags trying to eat more vegetables without getting good at cooking.

it's fine, restaurants just abuse the shit out of it since it's not as salty as regular salt

It's the secret ingredient I put in chili. When people ask my secret ingredient I say it's chocolate. Not letting any women know the real trick to perfection.
Makes for a good marinade too, especially on tougher cuts of meat.

its bad for you because internet schizo said so

Attached: ptkmr8av38341[1].jpg (640x614, 101.13K)

How did you get a picture of me?

"salt with an amino acid on it" isn't a very meaningful definition, though. That can be good or bad. Besides, I said 'neutral to bad'. I agree it's neutral for most people if youre not overdoing it, but still fish sauce is just better

It's not bad for you or anything at least not compared to table salt. I wouldn't go crazy on it but like there's also other culinary salts to try. You've probably heard that wine soaked human xanax you call "mom" mention pink Himalayan salt and she probably paid $20 for some dyed sea salt but it goes so far beyond that. You have like smoked grey sea salt that's was the additive before liquid smoke. Iron rich red salts, salts with slight amounts of sulfur in them. Basically anywhere you can mine or extract salt it's going to have a different mineral composition and different flavors. Just table salt is usually purified.

MSG is actually good for you and all the negative hype surrounding it is baseless and rooted in racism. /thread

>racism
did a black man invent MSG too?

It is salt with an amino acid on it, which metabolizes into usable amino acid, and salt. It has a lower impact on your sodium levels than table salt because its Na+/molecular weight is lower than that of NaCl. It basically performs as more nutritious salt. Is that clear enough for you? Also the flavor is different than fish sauce. I wouldn't put fish sauce on a salad or on cheese, but I'd put MSG on a salad or on cheese.

yea but the question is what is the overall impact of consuming purified glutamate. small quantities probably nothing, more, maybe not? It's hard to ascertain really, especially with chronic consumption. It seems especially important when so many people deal with anxiety, and glutamate is implicated in that

fish sauce is great on salad. ever made caesar dressing with fish sauce? it's great

>It seems especially important when so many people deal with anxiety, and glutamate is implicated in that
Studies have shown that to probably be placebo.
>fish sauce is great on salad. ever made caesar dressing with fish sauce? it's great
No, this sounds extremely historically correct roman though. Neat.
I would imagine msg consumed at any quantity humans would reasonably eat would still be dwarfed by glutamate intake from meat, so I don't see it as anything negative, and there are many benefits from replacing salt with msg.

>Studies have shown that to probably be placebo
Studies can only show so much when it comes to long-term chronic consumption. They don't necessarily know what to look for, and anxiety levels are difficult to measure in a clinical setting.
>No, this sounds extremely historically correct roman though. Neat.

Yeah garum is based as fuck. All msg lovers should get to know fish sauce

t. MSG lover

hydrogen peroxide is literally water with a fucking oxygen on it

Ayyyyy shhhhheeeiiiitttt cuhhhh, *sucks teeth* all dem why-tee muddah fookahs awlay steelin de sheeit n envemtions of us reel nyugguhs

Attached: Screenshot_20210917-155742_Instagram.jpg (967x1055, 797.96K)

no, it's racism against chinks

Like most things, it's perfectly fine in moderation. I use it when cooking savory dishes because a small amount can make a great improvement to the flavor and bring the dish together. Usually add less than a teaspoon to a dish that serves 4-6 people. Anyone who says they have an allergy to this shit or that it makes them sick is a larping retard.