Does anyone here train like Eric bugenhagen? Or at least like he used to

Does anyone here train like Eric bugenhagen? Or at least like he used to
>pick an exercise to specialize in
>lift every single day, multiple times a day only doing that one exercise and maybe 1 other accessory
>attempt to hit multiple PRs whether it be volume or strength every single day
>Switch exercises every week or every other week

Attached: 071E388D-8EE3-4289-B498-90695231B1E8.jpg (828x731, 306.71K)

I did this once for about a month. I hit chest every day and I overcame a serious plateau and finally rounded out my chest fullness. I'd also train a little of other things just so they wouldn't lag too hard. Not exactly bugez style but there's no such thing as overtraining.

No but I mainly do excercises I enjoy. I bench and ohp 3x per week just because it's fun and deadlift often because it's fun. never squat because it's not fun and instead for legs I do HIIT 100-800m sessions which hurt like a cunt but they make me feel like superman after so I keep doing them

I don’t train exactly like him but I agree with his sentiment of picking a lift do you want to emphasize and maxing it out multiple times a week (whether it be 5RMs, 10RMs, singles, etc.)

I just did for an example a whole training block of doing this for low handle hex bar deadlifts and high bar squats, came back to doing regular dead’s after a month of not doing them, and hit a 35 pound PR.

Like he says though it’s really more a mindset than anything. Mindless accessories with no intensity will not make you gains; picking one to three lifts you WANT to focus and get strong on and exclusively doing those will.

I’ll never go back to training six or seven exercises a day like I used to. Working out every day with max intensity on something has revolutionized my training

only feasible if you have a home gym and can fuckoff and do retarded shit like this
if you do this and you have to travel to a gym you are super fucking retarded and clearly have no time priorities in your life and it will get real old real quick

I did it for a month while also working night shift. I had not previously hit a hard plateau on deadlift but I wasn't making consistent progress or on any kind of good program.

I focused deadlifts and went from 365 to 405 in a little under a month. I gave myself longer warm-ups and cool downs and was doing primarily 1-3rms. I know 405 lbs isn't amazing but I went from never lifting ever(0 lbs deadlift max) to 365 lbs in two years but segmented by a break from lockdowns. Then I went from 365 to 405 in 3 weeks or so.

damn he used to look so good before he started the full roid gorilla bulk

after recovering from a knee injury I was so angry about squatting less than 500 for an entire summer I would squat every single day and on my actual leg day I would hog one rack from 5am to 11 am doing doubles of 315,405 until I finally got to doing doubles of 495. I had zero leg soreness after the first month or so and finally hit a 600 squat and now just maintain a 545 squat for a set of 3 every leg day.

But he wasn't strong. He complains all the time about how small and weak he was on a cut. He only cut here for his NXT photos.

Attached: bugenhagenwwe.jpg (600x620, 39.05K)

back when he was natty. He looks so small in this picture.

2017-18 was peak bugez. After jumping on or increasing the dose his brain got damaged. Biggest motivation to stay natty is to compare todays rick and 5 years ago, and think which one you'd want to be.

as for the question i sometimes do this for upper body movements (bench/weighted pullups/ohp) for 5-10 days when im plateauing hard for 3-4 weeks. Dont do this for lower movements because its fucks up my running and i dont feel like im recovering very good with this style, even when doing 1 or 2 singles a day.

He said he was natty a few days ago still in his snacking video. Just eat more snacks. He seems like a trustworthy guy he wouldn't come out and lie like that he'd just say nothing.

the fuck working night shifts has to do with the routine

>>lift every single day,
This is the only thing I do similar like him. I do always switch up the group I work on. Two days ago it was legs, yesterday was arms, today is back and shoulders, then tomorrow chest and the next day the cycle resets

>picking one to three lifts you WANT to focus
I do two main lifts and two accessories to those lifts plus sprinkle one or two isolation.
best decision

I went from 8 hour shifts to 12 so I switched to a single excercise deadlift focused routine to save time and try something new

Bugez doesn't do bulgarian anymore I thought?

Basically just conjugate

I one day intend to do this with OHP

Yes. It works for that lift. He said something about how you'll learn quirks about that lift and its also true. Highly recommend

How the hell can he complete a lift on his 5th try? If i go for a max single and I fail on 1st try, i just fine tune it and get it 2nd try or I'm just too weak that day.
Tried training his way, was fun af. new perspective on just training movement patterns rather than trying to build muscle.

I have trained by doing one push and one pull exercise every other day plus legs three times a week. Monday weighted pull-ups, tuesday weighted push-ups, wednesday weighted pull-ups etc. and legs whenever I have the most energy, usually after pull-ups. Bulgarian works best for strength adaptations if you already have the muscle mass but for hypertrophy it's good to space out a same exercise so your muscles can recover for the optimal amount (48 hours usually for muscle building)