/run/ - Roon general

Did you run today, Any Forums?

previous miles: >Advice for new runners
- Keep your cadence high (at or around 180 steps per minute)
- Keep your heartrate low (around 55-65% of your max. heart rate)
- Build up speed and mileage SLOOOOWLY (start with 15 minutes, increase time/mileage by 10% per week)
- Yes, it will feel like you're going slow, you are; don't worry about setting good times for at least a couple months
- If you start to feel pain anywhere, stop and rest, then run a shorter distance next time or walk
- Don't worry about form, the human body knows how to run, just do what comes naturally

>Couch to 5k Guide
i.imgur.com/ef98R.png
>Bridge from 5k to 10k
i.imgur.com/qNJIy.png
>Stretching guide
runnersworld.com/uk/training/beginners/a32172701/how-to-stretch-post-run/

Attached: run-with-the-wind.jpg (640x360, 72.94K)

Good job finally getting the OP right.
Enjoy your rooms, everyone.

not a rooner but i want to start doing roadwork for boxing, any tips?
also how do i get into olympic weightlifting and calisthenics

Attached: 298785.jpg (225x350, 29.01K)

i've gone from sedentary to cycling regularly for a few months now, will this training transfer to rooning? or is it a new skill from scratch?

Attached: 1660696343502895.png (1779x2048, 2.18M)

Racing cyclist here, I never run, but if I do I can run 10km at a 4:15 pace without dying, some parts translate some parts don't.
Legs will feel knackered the day after though.

Hello /run/

39 y/o oldfag here, trying to get back into shape/running.

5'6 manlet, down from 195 in April to 173 today, the quest continues.

For you guys struggling, the advice in the OP has helped a lot, keep the cadence high even if you slow down, not trying to run "harder" but run smarter, let your body weight carry you forward. KEEP BREATHING!

Upgrading today to the New Balance Fresh Foam 860sV12s today since I'm on the goal to run 5 miles regularly.

Keep those roons going bros, were all going to make it.

Attached: roon.jpg (1079x2037, 306.6K)

The good cardiovascular condition you have will carry over, but the movements are so different you will be fairly shocked at how poor you are at the beginning. Muscles being used differently in a different order and all.

thank you, i want to do a triathlon eventually so i'm glad some progress will carry over

roadwork is hard to do with running if you haven't specifically trained running for a long time beforehand because your recovery is basically shit. So if you to do roadwork do elliptical, rower or bike now for cutting weight. Then start to train running next time you're not on a surplus following some kind of basic endurance training guide.

I would say one of the most common pitfalls for new rooners besides overtraining is starting training when they're eating low cal diets and trying to lose weight rather than before then.

next time you're on a surplus*

wait, what??? 4:15 pace for 10km? that would beat the current world record, user

4:15 per km.

Currently on rehab for quad tendinopathy (look it up, basically means the tendon connecting my quad to my kneecap has degenerated) but likely to return to running in 2-3 months.

Question: I run exclusively forefoot, like I physically cannot imagine landing on my heel (even at high cadence) unless on soft grass. It's great for speed but I really struggle to run slow - anybody else with this running style got advice for running slower?

>anybody else with this running style got advice for running slower?
Shorten your stride length.

Does anyone else get headaches, say, 1-2 hours after a run? My brain gets all foggy and I feel tired. Is this low blood pressure or something else?

probably low blood sugar or dehydration.

That makes sense. I do drink water before running but I probably do neglect to drink it afterwards, it's been a while since I last ran.

You should be sufficiently hydrated the day before. 2lt every day non negotiable

Started training for my first marathon this spring/summer. I have learned my perfect Saturday is waking up, have breakfast and coffee. Morning poop. Nice easy pace 10-15 mile roon. Take an edible. By the time I stretch, shower, make lunch the edible is kicking in and I just enjoy the rest of the day chilling on the couch.

>Doing weed.
Fucking weak mind.

>oh no someone did a weed once a week where it's legal
stay in your lane cumsocks