/fat/ - fat loss general

>Who is /fat/ for?
For lardasses who are working towards a better physique through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication. This is not QTDDTOT, stick to questions on fat loss. Post height and weight when asking for advice.
Join our Fatty Contest: fattycontest.com/

>What do I do first?
1. Read physiqonomics.com/fat-loss/
2. Calculate your Body Fat Percentage: fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy
3. Calculate your TDEE: sailrabbit.com/bmr/
Remember to use bodyfat% and use Katch-McArdle Formula with sedentary settings or your TDEE will be too high.
4. Plan your weight loss: losertown.org/eats/cal.php
5. Track your nutrition with MyFitnessPal (better for packaged food), Cronometer (better for generic food/macros) or LoseIt (great for both).

>Now what?
Count calories, all of them.
Eat about 500-1000 less calories than your TDEE.
Buy scales, be accurate.
Learn to cook. Try to stick to lean protein and green vegetables.
Eat a lot of protein. 0.72g per lb of goal lean body mass.
Doing cardio, even just walking, will improve your health. There is no such thing as a healthy fat heart, but you can offset the risks.
Lifting weights will keep and gain muscle mass and burn fat much quicker. No lifting results in the body burning away muscle AND fat.
Drink more water.
Read the Any Forums sticky: liamrosen.com/fitness.html

>DON'T
Eat refined sugars, they're terrible for you regardless of calories.
Eat processed foods.
Drink your calories (alcohol, soda, starbucks).
Freak out over a weight loss stall. Plateaus can last up to three weeks.
"Reward" yourself. Cheat days cheat only yourself.
Be a ketard.

>Other resources:
Loose skin, gyno & stretch marks: weight-loss-side-effects.netlify.app/
Reddit wiki: reddit.com/r/loseit/wiki/faq

Previous Thread:

Attached: 3910129312039120491203912039120.jpg (640x853, 74.79K)

Okay. So after making some changes to my diet by cutting out dumb junk food shit and subbing in good alternatives....I've run into a massive issue. I'm constipated all the fucking time. Like holy fuck I can barely shit without it feeling like pushing a truck and it hurts like crazy. Obviously something I made a change towards is causing this as this only happened recently. Sadly I made THREE changes all at once and I have no idea what can be the cause.

I added:
>Whey protein (the powder, I mix one cup of it with water and that's my protein shake. 24g protein. I drink this once a day.)
>Low sugar 11g of protein yogurt (not once a day but every other day I have at least one of these. Pic related, it's the yogurt)
>Metamucil fiber powder. 2 spoonfuls each day. (this is literally fiber, it's just a supplement, I would ASSUME adding fiber is NOT the cause of constipation? but I am throwing everything out there because I did start all these 3 things at once and I need to fix this)

Something here is causing the problem and idk what it is. Simple google results seem to not help, none of these apparently cause constipation? but clearly it is because I've only had the problems since i started these 3 things. Right now I've had to completely drop all this (which sucks because I'm losing some protein with no shake nor yogurt) until I find out the issue.

Attached: 4.jpg (1328x1264, 603.83K)

I'd say the yogurt, protein powder, and then probably some else before the fiber.

There's nothing else to consider. Before I introduced these three things I never would have constipation issues. Man guess I have to stop eating yogurt and the powder, sucks ass I dropped like 80 bucks on that shit

What vegetables, fruits and grains are you eating?

SW: 295
CW: 243.8
GW: 175
Height: 6'2

Haven't posted for a while, I've dramatically slowed in weight loss (number on the scale) but have been making great strides in the gym. I was pretty weak when I started going back with my brother. Just over a month and a half ago I was struggling to get 10 reps on my first set of 40 pound dumbbells while shoulder pressing. Now I'm cranking them out with 65s and about to go up again. Bench has improved dramatically, dips, a whole bunch of others, but those are some of the more noticeable ones.

Weight loss slowed to a bit of a crawl comparatively speaking, but I was sticking under 2k calories and getting a lot of protein. Shorts I had are getting looser, my reflection in the mirror is looking much more trim and muscular. I believe that I'm replacing fat with muscle right now, so my weight is sort of treading water a bit, but still ridding itself of fat. I'm just staying the course, I still lost about 5 pounds over the past month and its been picking back up a bit lately. I went and played basketball with a friend today for the first time in a month and while I've only lost as I said roughly 5 pounds since then I felt 100% more energetic and athletic while out there, which was a really good feeling I haven't felt in a long time.

My focus right now is less about reducing the number on the scale, as far as I'm concerned if I keep my eating in line that will come inevitably. It's more about keeping my protein intake high so I can keep building back all the muscle I used to have.

>get distraught because I put on weight so do water fast for 48 hours
>turns out its just my muscles from lifting for the past 2 months
I am a stupid fatty

Attached: 1655612144228.jpg (720x710, 49.8K)

how did you come to that conclusion?

>Metamucil
Do you drink enough water when taking it? Because psyllium husks need a lot of water. Drink an extra cup after taking it.
Also, just buy psyllium husks by themselves. That makes it much cheaper than paying for some marked up supplement.

>Do you drink enough water when taking it?
I'm not entirely sure? it's a powder and I drop in two spoonfulls of the stuff into a full glass of water. I mean when I drink it I first spin it around with a spoon to mix the powder so it's all liquid, I don't drink any solid matter ? it'd be pretty hilarious if FIBER is causing me to be constipated

Because I am less fat than you

>I believe that I'm replacing fat with muscle right now, so my weight is sort of treading water a bit, but still ridding itself of fat.

244 lbs @ 6'2 I'd say you're still holding a lot of fat. You can expect the rate of weight loss to slow down and even plateau at times. But you should be aiming for sub 200. It doesn't matter how long it takes as long as you have the goal in mind and you are making some progress towards it

Yes, drink more water. And like I said, buy the husks themselves. I take them too and shit like a god. You still have to eat your veggies though.

Attached: psyllium.png (1600x816, 169.15K)

Okay I need to start getting serious about my daily water intake, then. I am severely lacking in discipline and just kinda "drink whenever" and this is 100% working against my body's processes.

My problem is I keep reading contradictory information online. How MUCH water should I be drinking daily to avoid issues with these husks? like exact number. That post there says 2 liters, however I also read that you should drink "1 ounce per number of your weight" meaning if I am 165lbs (I am) I need 165 ounces which is roughly 4.8 liters, over double what that post states

Christ user, it's fucking water. Just look at your piss. The yellower it is, the more water you have to drink. Pissing is like a mandatory water test you are forced to do several times a day.

Attached: 1597672815210.png (510x396, 392.75K)

My piss is clear colored almost always though? I only get yellow after my one meal of the day. By that logic I'm drinking sufficient water and the psyllium should not have been causing constipation, but clearly this was not the case.

Going by my piss color does not work in this case

You need more water in general. Like an extra liter perhaps.

Butting in to this but I have been wondering, when it comes to water and psyllium husks...does when you drink the water matter for the husks to not fuck your colon up with constipation?

Like say you drink 3 liters of water (which is usually what I do, I use the same water bottle daily). If you drink it
>spread out throughout the day taking sips at a time as you go
or
>chug the entire thing in like 2 sittings

Would this make a difference? I'm no water scientist idk how your body processes the water you give it based on volume

you're possibly having too much metamucil

body is not made to chug so much water at once. Sips is better I think

Make sure you drink a glass of water after taking the husks then. Maybe 2.

I take 3 full teaspoons of husks in the morning and mix it with skyr and 100ml of milk and drink about 0,75l of water during breakfast. Never had any issues.