How do you avoid shin splints?

how do you avoid shin splints?

Attached: FM_ShinSplints_v3-01.png (558x439, 42.26K)

I tend to run through it, but that's only cause I'm not a faggot

>running for longer than 250 yards
Gay. Humans were made to sprint, not jog
Do leg exercises (heavy) and run short distances, walk it off, then go back to running

This. Jogging is retarded
>go 25% faster than walking
>get 500% more tired
You just sprint, and then walk as walking takes almost no energy we can do it forever

Tibialis raises. Keep your heel planted and raise dem succulent little toes. If you haven't been doing them, you'll feel it after 15 reps. Arguably the least trained muscle after neck

This may be broscience, but when doing leg extensions, doesnt holding it like halfway for an extended period of time help with preventing shin splints?

You're a bitch

any movement helps ITT.
it's like those people who say calf raises don't build muscle.
the legs are made by design to be used every single day for multiple hours a day through a broad range of activity.
you can't just sit or lay 99% of your day and expect a few minutes to make any noticeable change in your leg structure. that's not how any portion of the leg is designed.
in fact we are so much weaker than our ancestral counterparts by far when it comes to leg strength and exponentially stronger on our upper body.

the best way to build leg stability is to simply walk, in every movement it partially stretches every muscles and partially contracts every muscle. which really limits yourself to
1. bad insertion on the pad of your foot (shoe doesn't fit)
2. bad posture
i've never had shit splints. i've been a runner for decades and as a teenager I walked everywhere (farmland middle tn) for multiple hours a day.
shin splints is entirely caused by weak bone density from inactivity or weak muscles from the same.
tendon damage isn't likely because the likelyhood of someone with that weak of a lower body doing enough activity to actually harm the tendon? phtt yeah right, leg tendons can handle days of stress.

Get better running form, first of all.
Just because you're wearing "sneakers" with cushion and comfort and ESPECIALLY if you're wearing some other type of running/exercise shoe, it doesn't mean you can just SLAP your feet on the ground every step.
>DON'T strike the ground heel-first
>DO take care to soften your 200lbs body's downward inertia
Warning: you're still gonna get mad DOMS, but you can be less concerned it's tibial bone-related.

Would be cool to do a test where you have jogfags run a mile, and have sprintchads sprint and walk a mile, and then see who wins
Group of 10 from each side, make it 5 miles to get better data

our ability to pace ourselves is our strength.
we can effectively keep running for a day or so before we have to stop. no other animal can do that.
the sprinter will have to stop entirely, your body can not create ATP at a rate needed to maintain sprint forever.
there have been runners who can run though for many many hours,

Are you arguing about what's "faster" or are you arguing its purpose?

Because I don't think modern-day humans jog or sprint to their destinations.

Attached: Really.png (623x782, 259.12K)

>we can effectively keep running for a day or so before we have to stop
Yeah but why would you? When you can walk the same distance not much slower AND not destroy your body

Running at maximum speed becomes exponentially more difficult when performed for continuous seconds. On muscles, joints, and especially your cardiovascular system. It's literally a shock to your body that it must react to in order to avoid damage or failure. But it's still designed to overcome it through healing, just not designed to perform it for very long or without conditioning. Elderly and fatsos can't jog or sprint, after all. It breaks them.

Are you the same faggot saying we should do a combination of sprinting and walking? Sprinting is ludicrously more taxing on the body than jogging.
Also, what the fuck are we talking about? People don't jog as a means of transport, people jog for cardiovascular health and sports endurance. You get this from steady state cardio.

Brooks shoes. I wear the Adrenaline line, won't wear any other shoe fucking period. No dress shoes, just Brooks. Shin splints fucked me up for a real long time. Try the shoes on user.

You don't, just give yourself enough time to recover and drink milk so your bones become more dense.

No, humans ability to adapt to achieve any task is our strength. No power lifter is running all day long buddy. And no one who can run all day can bench 2 plates.

Any exercise that stretches your calves and muscles around your tibia

By not being fat.
t. recovering fatty

No, humans can outrun 99% of animals in long distance, not sprints. Kys nigger iq cattle.