Explain to me like I'm an idiot

Explain to me like I'm an idiot.

So, for example, oil has a lot of empty calories. Makes you fat. Doesn't fill you up.

What are the opposites of that? Foods that have low calories but fill you up quickly?
Also, what are other common empty calories?

Attached: aasdfasdfsf.jpg (1100x734, 89.24K)

Raw celerie

It's called whole grain bread but someone in the 90s decided to tell everyone that there was an evil ghost in bread that makes you fat, so fat people have been avoiding bread like the plague ever since

Popcorn

Non-starchy vegetables. Broccoli, carrots, cabbage, celery.

sawdust and cellulose

the problem with oils isn't so much that fat is bad it's that it makes other foods a lot more palatable so in addition to being calorie dense itself it encourages over eating.

Foods that fill you up are ones with high nutrient density. Oil is low nutrient density since it’s pretty much just pure calories in the form of fat. If you’re trying to lose weight you want to prioritize high nutrient foods such as meat and some vegetables. When you are at your goal weight, then you can reintroduce higher calorie foods such as fruits, cheese, grains, oils, etc.

Oils, sugar, *liquid calories, things like that don't fill you up at all because they don't have much volume and they're digested very easily. The opposite would be spinach, cabbage and it's variations like broccoli and kale, and other leafy greens.

*milk would be the only exception if you have issues with the hormone leptin which controls appetite. The high amounts of calcium and protein help regulate your appetite if you have issues with that hormone

But oil/fat is filling. So is protein. Both of these are also the essential macronutrients.

I always thought empty calories referred to calories which have little nutritional value. White bread and white rice, shit like that. Calories which come with no fiber, starch, vitamins or minerals. But I see your point.

Oil is very calorie-dense, but I think it adds value to a diet in proper portions and of a proper variety. It makes other valuable foods much more palatable, for example.

I now think "empty calories" is a wishy-washy vague term and therefore a poor choice for effective communication. Most food has some macro or micro nutrient content, and is therefore not exactly "empty".

The right foods are the ones which optimize your diet as a whole, so that it has an optimal balance of all different macro- and micro-nutrients. Whether a food is empty or not doesn't really help determine the utility of one food in someone's diet.

Just ask for low calorie foods which are highly satiating, or highly caloric and hyper palatable foods. These terms are much more precise, so autists like me know what the hell you're trying to say.

Oil is very filling and doesn't make you fat. So basically the opposite of what you describe is oil. I'd suggest lard from pastured oinkers but tallow is good too.

desu OP is a hopeless retard, you could have just saged and insulted him but you didn't, instead you told him the truth. the result is obvious: there will be less oil to spare for me and you and we will have to share it with a braindead monkey.
you must atone for your mistake; this is now a pushup roll thread.

Attached: 76C29E04-A236-4E73-BEB8-C4635A79507D.png (758x590, 270.25K)

Vegetables
Strained yogurt
Lean meats (chicken/tuna)
Legumes

Calorie density is what you're looking for. The weight makes you feel full. The calories make you fat.
For example:
A medium cucumber weighs 200 gram and will make you feel a little fuller. 30 calories
A teaspoon of olive oil weighs 5 grams and eating it will make you feel like you haven't eaten anything. 40 calories.

Most vegetables.
You can eat an entire pack of cherry tomatoes, a whole cucumber, a full head of lettuce, a full pack of mushrooms and 3 bellpeppers and it wouldnt even break 200 calories.

Vegetables and legumes. Billions of people start their day with rice and beans for breakfast, and that's because beans keep you feeling full longer.

greek yogurt is the best thing I've found, 250/350 cals for half a tub(450g), don't eat popcorn but that seems like a good option, especially if you eat unflavored, strawberries are good, 25 strawberries is 100 calories.

Gliadin is a nightmare. Gluten directly causes gut disbiosis. Then you got toxic lectins and phytates not to mention glyphosate taken up by the plant. Oh yeah and its highly glycemic. The body doesn't have the first idea what to do with grains, which is why your blood and guts freak out so much when you eat it.

But hey if you want to eat your mashed up grass-seed go ahead.

Asparagus

Sugar, flour, oil, and alcohol have few nutrients, so I'd call them "empty" calories. They also cause diabetes and other health problems, so they're worse than that even.

>The body doesn't have the first idea what to do with grains, which is why your blood and guts freak out so much when you eat it.
Post body.

Attached: OIP (9).jpg (474x311, 17.67K)