How the FUCK do I increase my bench press??

how the FUCK do I increase my bench press??

I've stalled on this lift for ages.
I can only bench 80kg for about 3 reps and have been stuck at 80kg for about a year.
I've tried moving down to 60kg, 70kg both of which I can get 8 reps for sets fairly easily.
Even 75kg I can press for a solid 6 reps with slow paced reps with full ROM for 3 sets
I can OHP 60kg for 6 FFS with no leg movement at all and great form
I do bench once a week
I have not missed a bench/ chest session for a full year
I eat about 3k calories a day
I'm about 20% bodyfat
Get enough sleep
Bench Is my first lift of the chest day and I always work my way up to the main set
I only gym 4x a week with a rest day in-between each workout usually

For a small insight I've always found bench press hard specifically. My pull motions are much stronger and more natural
Could it be a mental block? I'm actually baffled.

WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH ME PLEASE HELP!?

Attached: 12816.jpg (1478x832, 135.87K)

Other urls found in this thread:

stronglifts.com/bench-press/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

My guess is form. Read the entire article posted below then come back to this thread with any insights you might have.

stronglifts.com/bench-press/

>I do bench once a week
Do more benching if you want to get better at benching

Her tattoos are actually not that bad... It's like she put some thought into them unlike Meg

>I do bench once a week
There's your problem.

People called SS/SL low on bench volume for being 1-2 times each week. You do exactly 1.
The simple answer is: bench more.

But I OHP on separate day nearer the end of the week for maximum OHP gains.

How do I fit in another bench session?

Reading now thanks

He bought those weights at Dick's Sporting Goods.

Well, I don't know what your routine is, but I do a U/L split and bench on my upper body days. What routine are you doing where you can't fit in another bench session?

Start over and do 5x5. Increase protein and food intake. Most your prtein should come from food 40 grams from shake. Half before and half after workout since body doesn't digest liquid protein slow enough and pusges it through intestines to fast. Went from 175 to 210 in about 6 months had to start at 85lb though for 5x5

>Half before and half after workout since body doesn't digest liquid protein slow enough and pusges it through intestines to fast
Don't listen to this part, it literally makes no difference. You'll absorb all of the protein regardless.

Eat more & bench more, that is literally all there is to it assuming your form is okay

stay at the gym longer to get an extra set of bench press...wtf is the issue here?

Just because it's absorbed doesn't mean it goes towards building muscle

Yes it does. That's literally what it means and is one of its main purposes, along with going towards other things, as well. I'm guessing you got your knowledge from some youtuber who doesn't know what the fuck they're talking about, right? It would be utterly retarded if it worked the way you suggested. The body wouldn't allow for something as inefficient as that.

Attached: cute opinion did a youtuber give it to you.jpg (680x471, 70.81K)

It's all been said already but the main thing I notice is that my bench correlates strongly with my body weight. Like with every pound I put on I get noticeably stronger on the bench press too but with every pound of bw I lose I also get noticeably weaker. I don't get this as much on other lifts.

its fucking genetics, nobody knows how to fix that shit , see thread as evidence

Do you have a tight core
Do you use leg drive
Do you have an efficient bar travel path

Have you tried pause benching

Redo your programming so you're benching more often. Bench responds well to higher frequency 3x/w or more optimal. 1x is way too low. You could do a tempo or paused variation on your OHP day

what is your lat, upper back, rear delt and tricep work? Also OHP is not worth the wear and tear.
>lol just bench more
shit-tier advice from DYELS

>The body wouldn't allow for something as inefficient as that.
you're right in this case but I don't believe this statement can be generally applied to bodily functions.

Run 5/3/1 for a few months and I guarantee you will improve

My bench was highest when I was doing it 4 times a week. Also, you just need to become a bigger human being if you want bigger weight on bench. Technique can only get you so far.

Also do plenty of back and mix in close grip. People don't understand how important back strength is for the negative portion of the bench, which will set you up for a much stronger push

By putting heavier circles on the bar.

Train chest like a bodybuilder
Wide grip bench, incline press, dips and flies for high volume
Any other answer is wrong

>talking about "wear and tear" and calling others dyel
Post body