Peating

Post yfw the secret to low body fat was sugar, 2% milk and orange juice.

Attached: Capture.png (889x633, 871.07K)

There's a whole bunch of shit from Peat that I'm ignoring but so much of it is really spot-on. He's the only person I've ever encountered that has warned against avocado, and he was right about that. He's obviously right about seed oils. Since I started having fruit at the end of a meal I no longer get tired post-meal.

His thing with sugar is too extreme for me so I just eat fruit and occasionally ice-cream I make myself.

Also honey on toast with some butter. It's my go-to desert.

I dropped seed oils and added fruit and honey and I lost 4 kgs in a month while making zero effort to diet.

Anyone who thinks Peat is wrong should check out durianrider

>His thing with sugar is too extreme
he has reasonable takes about sugar, it's the retards on RPF who take it way too extreme

If you're in a place that you need to lose weight you're already a fatass and your parents had already failed you. You're a retard who should've give advice to anyone. You falling for a grift diet already makes everyone around you laugh at you. IMO grifters are worse than ketotrannies.
I will not eat the chiropractor diet. I will eat a balanced diet and laugh at the griftrannies.

>peat
>chiropractor
based retard

How is being anti-seed oil a grift? No one is selling anything

>Post yfw the secret to low body fat was sugar, 2% milk and orange juice.
Explain?

qrd or tldr for people who have no idea who he is or what he preaches?

Maximising biological energy (metabolism) is, by definition good for you, as you are literally more alive.

Peat thusly recommends foods which increase metabolism, such as fructose sugars (fruits), fish, egg yolks, butter, and stuff like progesterone, pregnenolone, DHEA, thyroid

things he's spot on
>PUFA bad
>sugar good
>sat fat good
>milk good
>eggs good
>progesterone good
>OJ good
>serotonin bad
>wheat bad
>potato good
>coconut oil good
>organ meat good
>just take T3 if you're a lardass
>fish oil bad

things he said that should be taken with a grain of salt
>aspirin everyday
>juice better than whole fruits
>tryptophan bad even though he advocates for things like milk which is high in tryptophan
>coke good

thanks, brother

Polyunsaturated fatty acids are promoted as "heart healthy" by the american heart association and Harvard. The AHA were able to promote this message after a grant from P&G, who were beginning to make crisco from the refuse of cotton production. The marketing in combination with this research led to PUFA replacing saturated fats in the western diet, the timing of which is correlated with both the rise in obesity and the rise in heart attacks.

Polyunsaturated fatty acids are unstable, meaning they oxidize easily compared to saturated fats. This oxidization produces toxic compounds, and PUFA stored in the body as linoleic acid also oxidizes easily.

When this was all kicking off, the AHA used mental institutions to conduct a massive RCT about saturated vs unsaturated fat in diets. When they found that unsaturated fats actually increased mortality they just refused to publish the data and it was only discovered decades later

Peat says a bunch of other stuff but that's the gist of all the seed oil stuff, which is really the most important topic

i think about peat whenever i drink milk from the carton.
what’s the deal with the 2%? i only drink whole milk

i think he said that if you're buying mass produced milk, it's better to go low fat or even skim because the hormones injected into the cows stay in the milk fat or something causing allergenic reactions to some people

thank you. sounds interesting and something one should look into

interesting, maybe the milk is better in japan. my wife and i have issues when we drink it in the US but not here

you can go to raypeat.com if you want to read his articles or you can just email the man himself if you have any questions

>like milk which is high in tryptophan
Yeah but the benefits of milk simply outweigh that. Calciummaxxing is a benefit of its own.

I hope BAP twitter didn't email him using that annoying broken kid language they use

>dear ray peat I lyk stuff, mayb u lyk stuff too