Machine General /mg/

Machine General /mg/
Welcome to machine general., where we break autistic paradigms by embracing fitness inside the machine.

Machine-only fitness focuses on aesthetics, safety, and the open minded approach to fitness that the greatest names in the sport shared. Less douchy than kettlebells, less fat cringe than powa libders, machine only fitness reminds us of that genuine 80s retro-future aesthetic. Machine only fitness forces you to go to the gym and be socially healthy, you cannot do it at home. Maybe you'll even meet a girl there.

Mentzer, Arnold, and Gironda all made extensive use of machines. Don't you want to have sex?

corehandf.com/product-brand/nautilus/

Whats your favorite machine user?

Why is machine lifting superior?

Attached: 1663088916046963.png (689x529, 127.68K)

Hammer Strength Row now and forever

I like doing this one

Attached: semen collector.jpg (224x224, 3.88K)

Idk. Machines are gay imo. Unfortunately I hate training chest so I use them for that. Anything else, weighted calisthenics or a barbell.

Attached: th (1).jpg (501x225, 19.23K)

Off at college after tooling around at community college and using a squat rack at home and it's so fun being able to try out and hit PRs on machines now. Leg press is an entirely different experience vs just a squat. I don't know where to set the seat on a chest press machine or a shoulder press though

Attached: 1663099019188593.jpg (323x323, 20.7K)

The lat pullover machine is the tits.
Either use it to improve activation b4 free weight pulls or to exhaust the fibres afterwards. Feels good man.

I like the double cable chest fly machine in front of the mirror

repping out max weight on leg extension and prone leg curls now and getting a pump like nothing else

Reminder that all this shit was made for geriatrics and physical rehab

Post body

How does he get out?

What happens if I roid with a bowflex?

What's the first machine you maxxed out?
Mine was the tricep dip machine. And probably will max out cable pulldown with the v-grip this year.

Any machine by nautilus is pure sex to use, especially pullovers and shoulder press

You'll run out of bows, fast

for me, it's the leg extension machine

The thing I like most about the machines is you really just have to have the mindset dialed in and go all out. The machine does the rest for you, the form becomes an objective thing, so as long as you have your height parameters set correctly every rep is perfect and maximal.

Pic related, he advocated machines

Attached: kz5jj0fs0xe31.jpg (663x1200, 100.68K)

I'm a huge fan of hammer strength machines since I used it for most of my workouts. Pic related is my favorite for back, second to the pulldown

Attached: Hammer Strength Iso-Lateral Low Row.png (218x984, 257.95K)

I like using machines for lifting since you can focus on the targeted muscles without being limited by your stabilizers. For example, bench press is good chest exercise but you're limited by the strength of your triceps, which tend to give out before the chest can be fully overloaded and worked properly.

Attached: Hammer Strength Iso-Lateral Incline Press.png (216x1000, 397.91K)

This is an interesting point. Wtf are stabilizer muscles anyway, and how much do you need to ensure you are training them? An analogy would be training biceps to support your deadlift. Your biceps certainly support your deadlift, and I guess a deadlift will hit them, but every honest person knows it isn't enough to warrant working them additionally if the deadlift is your goal.

So, are stabilizers overrated? And regardless, do we seriously need to focus on them ONLY through barbell based fitness?